SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

thewraith2008

My link to TTT has been removed by MEGA.
A claim by some unknown 3rd party about copyright.

I tried contacting MEGA about it and got no reply as to who this 3rd party is and what is supposed to be copyrighted in the available archives.

At this stage, I think I'll leave the link to TTT offline.

For peace of mind, here is the MD5 hash if you wish to download the latest version (v1.8.9.0) from the link provided by NVE.
  • TTT_1.8.9.0_release.7z - MD5 hash: d650cff359b6563bc67e26810da5d530

Latest version (v1.8.9.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download (Currently Off-line)

thewraith2008

If there is an issue (no audio?) with TTT+TETRA Demodulator with SDR# 1918+, there is not much I can do about it for the moment.

Reality is SDR# has changed to much since TTT was original written, which was for SDR# v1716.
I simply don't have the time to rewrite these plug-ins to work only in the newer versions of SDR#. (which I don't use anyway).

Latest version (v1.8.9.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download (Currently Off-line)

FERRAINAELENA

CVE-2022-24401, CVE-2022-24404, CVE-2022-24402, and CVE-2022-24403 were validated and found practically exploitable in a lab setup with real TETRA radio and base station hardware.

We have recorded three demonstration videos. In the first, we demonstrate the decryption oracle attack (CVE-2022-24401) in our lab setup using an instrumented base station as an attacker platform. In the second video, we demonstrate the TEA1 backdoor (CVE-2022-24402) on a real network. The last video demonstrates the TEA1 attack running on a 1998 consumer grade laptop, as a response to claims 32 bits of entropy may have been sufficient in the mid nineties.

thewraith2008

Just because someone found a weakness of a security system doesn't change the laws that exist around circumvention and unauthorized access.

Unsolicited penetration testing (i.e. the exploitation of an system without the permission of its owner to determine its vulnerabilities and weak points). I'm sure in most places (if not all), this is a crime whatever your intentions.

Bernt112

Is it possible in the next update that MM logging will works without open the 'Net Info' popup? Thank you very much.

FERRAINAELENA

Just because someone found a weakness of a security system doesn't change the laws that exist around circumvention and unauthorized access.

Unsolicited penetration testing (i.e. the exploitation of an system without the permission of its owner to determine its vulnerabilities and weak points). I'm sure in most places (if not all), this is a crime whatever your intentions.
yes you are absolutely right, it is not my intention to violate the laws....
I don't know what to do with military broadcasts.
it was just a consideration that came out in these weeks.
thank you for your commitment to this project.

bytefax

hmm its running normal until it gets a carrier

than

Attempted to access a missing method.
at SDRSharp.Tetra.dll.TetraPanel.‍‌‬‫‬‎‪‏‪‮‮‬‪‌‮‫‬‬‮‌‬‪‭‎‏‮ (IL offset: 0xffffffff)
at SDRSharp.Tetra.dll.TetraPanel.‎‌‮‍‬‮‫‍‪‭‏‏‎‪‬‏‎‬‬‬‪‮‮ (IL offset: 0x19e6)
at <Unknown>.StartHelper.Callback (IL offset: 0x0)
at <Unknown>.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (IL offset: 0x80)
at <Unknown>.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw (IL offset: 0x11)
at <Unknown>.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (IL offset: 0x80)
at <Unknown>.Thread.StartCallback (IL offset: 0xe)

Abyzz42

Hi All , I'm just interested in views regarding the most reliable SDR# version to use with TTT

I currently use 1784, and whilst it works well, it does experience random "Hangs" on a daily basis.
I have tried a few other versions with the same sort of behaviour.
I'm running 1.8.6.0 , and plan to update to 1.8.9.0 very soon

When SDR# hangs, it can't be brought back without ending through task manager.
The program will still "seem" to work, but manually tuning to a different frequency will not work correctly, with the tuned frequency not receiving the correct signal. Ending SDR# via the X at the top right causes the program to hang, and Task Manager is the only way to end the app. (I close Network Info 1st , TTT 2nd , before trying to close SDR#)
Is there something that would cause SDR# to hang like this?

Spartanman

Hi, i was looking at the post. Someone know how can i know if the tetra im listening is gps available?

Spartanman

Version 1.8.6 doesn't work for me. I am testing version 1.7.1 and it works perfectly. I can see the speed and direction in the Network Info window of the tetra plugin and it also passes the information to LRRP.exe
Can the position dot be changed to a car or walker icon?
Hi, i was looking at the post. Someone know how can i know if the tetra im listening is gps tracking available?

thewraith2008

If location PDUs are used on your network, then you will see them in the decoded output.
If don't, then they are not used.

If location PDUs are used, most people will only ever see the request for the location and the location response will only be sent via the uplink.

Latest version (v1.8.9.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download (Currently Off-line) - see post #2200 for alternative DL location
see post 2202 for other information about this.

ArunSharma

Please help me to get sample tetra IQ file for testing.
It will help to understand tetra decoding better, in absence of Tetra Radio.

~Arun

kondote

Hi, i was looking at the post. Someone know how can i know if the tetra im listening is gps tracking available?
If you see something like this, you can see the GPS position in a map with LRRP.EXE

Attachments

• tetra.PNG
    tetra.PNG
    47.8 KB · Views: 133