SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

thewraith2008

16777215 for both. Completely standard new w10p install. Worked ok with .17 i think.
So with SDR# visible and TTT reporting "'Demodulator' and 'Auto' Visible":
- When 'Demodulator' is checked and when you click the 'Set checked' button, it stays on the value '16777215'?

'Demodulator' and 'Auto' must remain visible during this process. Nothing must come in front of them at all while setting in TTT.

Latest version (v1.0.20.2) can be found here: Release post

lynzoid

That's exactly what's happening. I tried dragging windows around and side by side etc - it may produce different value but it's same when both buttons are pressed in TTT.

thewraith2008

That's exactly what's happening. I tried dragging windows around and side by side etc - it may produce different value but it's same when both buttons are pressed in TTT.
I don't know why this is occurring.
If the values change when you move the windows around, this shouldn't happen. These should always be the same so long as nothing is covering them.

Is there some sort of transparency in the windows or overlay happening?
Is this is a normal PC, not a tablet or Raspberry Pi/NUC?

thewraith2008

Nope. I'm not difficult. It just stopped working.
The only thing I could suggest at this point in time is to backup 'tetra_trunk_tracker.dat' then delete it and re-run TTT and try to see if that make a difference to setting up the 'Checkbox Detection'.

If it does work you will need to send 'tetra_trunk_tracker.dat' to me so I can test it here.

Another thing to try is to run TTT as administrator and try 'Checkbox Detection'.
I don't need to do this, but it's worth a try.

I have a new Windows 10 install here (with updates) and no other stuff installed (excluding C++ runtimes), TTT is working fine with SDR#1700 and v1727.

Do you have Anti-Virus on that PC? That also may be an issue.

lynzoid

Ok, doing that! Thanks. Will report.
(and no, no a/v. it's fresh w10 install with updates. i tried running it with adm, same)

thewraith2008

Nope, deleting file reset all prefs but no effect on this bug. Same value chkd/unchekd
Without a way to reproduce what your seeing there is not much I can do.
If you can provide a good screenshot showing SDR# and TTT, that may reveal something to me.

thewraith2008

MEGA - video of this bug
Downloaded video.

Strange indeed.
You get different value depending on if SDR# is maximized or windowed.
The value of 15790320 is the color for the main panel (grey) and does not exist in the checkbox space.

Have you tried using the latest TTT + plugin? (your using 1.0.20 in video)

Can you try something:
  • Open SDR#
  • Open TTT
  • Start TTT
  • Open a 2nd SDR#
  • Try 'Checkbox Detection' configuration with the 2nd SDR# visible, as per normal instructions.
  • If that doesn't work, just for good measure try 'Checkbox Detection' configuration with the 1st SDR# visible.

thewraith2008

No, all same but value is -1 both ways (2nd sdr#)
Something on your (laptop) PC is messing with TTT ability to get the values from SDR#. What that is I can't say.

Do you have another PC to test on?

I noticed you have CPS, from memory I installed that sometime ago to look at and I'm sure it caused problems with the programming environment here on Windows 7. I can't remember what the problem was now, I just had to uninstall it to fix it.

lynzoid

Ok i figured it out. It's to do with win 10 text/display scale. If i use '100%' setting ttt starts detecting checkboxes fine.
Mine is set at 150% and at that setting ttt can't detect.
Sadly on this laptop screen res is 1920x1280 at 11in, so 100% scale is barely readable.
Hope this helps fixing that.

thewraith2008

Ok i figured it out. It's to do with win 10 text/display scale. If i use '100%' setting ttt starts detecting checkboxes fine.
Mine is set at 150% and at that setting ttt can't detect.
Sadly on this laptop screen res is 1920x1280 at 11in, so 100% scale is barely readable.
Hope this helps fixing that.
Good to know you found the cause.
I will have a look to see it I can reproduce that here and then see what I can do.
If I can't reproduce I'll get you to to do a couple of things that may help me out to come up with a possible solution.

This 'text/display scale', is this the 'Make text bigger' in Settings > Ease of Access > Display?