SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

thewraith2008

In the attached image are the changes from version 13. I have always had TTT configured as single mode. If I go back to version 1.11, I listen to private calls. If I install 13 or higher, I stop listening to them. Now I use TTT 1.20.2 which is the most stable version but I will try to install TTT 1.11 in another machine to see if I can provide more information. Thank you.
Do you not hear any private calls, Simple or Duplex?

Something to check in the options.
  • In TTT, check 'Options 2'. (Press 'O' twice)
Are any of the follow options checked:
  • 'Play only when both ISSIs sen on private call'
  • 'Disable SDR# CC switching for duplex calls not on MCCH'
  • 'Disable ALT private call set-ups'
Uncheck them if they are checked. Mainly the 1st and 3rd are relevant for 'Single' mode.

Maybe an seeing your logs and a IQ sample of a private call is needed.

Latest version (v1.0.20.2) can be found here: Release post

pingirona

Do you not hear any private calls, Simple or Duplex?

Something to check in the options.
  • In TTT, check 'Options 2'. (Press 'O' twice)
Are any of the follow options checked:
  • 'Play only when both ISSIs sen on private call'
  • 'Disable SDR# CC switching for duplex calls not on MCCH'
  • 'Disable ALT private call set-ups'
Uncheck them if they are checked. Mainly the 1st and 3rd are relevant for 'Single' mode.

Maybe an seeing your logs and a IQ sample of a private call is needed.

Hello
I checked the options in TTT 1.20.2 and they were all unchecked
I have mounted another computer with TTT version 1.11
with version 1.11 I can listen to private calls
These calls appear to me as SIMPLEX mode where I can see all ISSI
If you tell me which LOG files I should send you, I can prepare them in case they can help.
Thank you very much for your help!

hg69956

Hi

I've been using TTT for a few months now after using Telive for a long time. I build a few Python/bash scripts for Telegram alerts and audio summarys of certain GSSI's by using FFMPEG to remove silence gaps. Having a lot of fun building these scripts.

My question:

I'm running TTT 24/7 and runs quite stable, but every couple of weeks one SDR sharp instance crashes. Does anybody know of a good way to monitor if SDR Sharp is running? I know this topic is about TTT, but i think this is the best place for this question.

thewraith2008

Hello
I checked the options in TTT 1.20.2 and they were all unchecked
I have mounted another computer with TTT version 1.11
with version 1.11 I can listen to private calls
These calls appear to me as SIMPLEX mode where I can see all ISSI
If you tell me which LOG files I should send you, I can prepare them in case they can help.
Thank you very much for your help!
The 'TETRA_event_xxxx.log' and 'TETRA_cc_xxxx.log' should be OK.
The event log will tell me where in the other log file the private calls occur.

You can send via PM rather than on this thread.

thewraith2008

Request for information

I'm curious to know from those out there that are receiving private full duplex calls, if those calls are always been set-up on the same carrier or if you are seeing these calls occurring with each ISSI on a different carrier.

You can find this information in the file "TETRA_private_xxxx.log". This file is for calls that where set-up.
Look for 'Carrier 1' and 'Carrier 2' for each call set-up.
I'm only interested if 'Carrier 1' and 'Carrier 2' are the same or different. Not when they are zero.

I'm looking into trying to get private full duplex calls going with TTT in single mode.
Early testing with a modified 'libtetradecoder.dll' is show that it can be done, but call control logic needs to be worked out.
I'm a little concerned about latency affecting the implementation.

The more people that can respond from different places will give a better picture on the most common set-up types used.

EarHoles

Got it working fine here in New Zealand and receiving calls perfectly.
I just cant work out how to change the volume.
I can adjust VC volume in TTT but it immediatly reverts back to '47' .
Im sure is something simple

thewraith2008

Got it working fine here in New Zealand and receiving calls perfectly.
I just cant work out how to change the volume.
I can adjust VC volume in TTT but it immediatly reverts back to '47' .
Im sure is something simple
Click in the 'VC Volume' textbox and then change value between the range 25=mute to 60.
Make sure to keep mouse pointer over textbox as moving it away will move focus back to main window so spacebar for hold will work.
This also applies to any of the textboxes.

Oops. Forgot to click post. :sleep:

tomi6107

Hi! Please Somebody send it to me TTT v099 simple version. Thank You!

Please help!
It doesn't work here. The Call button is inactive. I'm moving ttt. Sdr skips the hollow frequency.

digiman1

For me, TETRA will be dead and gone by years end.:cry:
It's sadly been replaced by a vastly inferior DMR. Honestly, I don't understand how DMR ever got excepted. It's just the worst sounding ever.

Aww man! That is an absolute shame, the only reason I would suspect they changed is because of the cost, DMR seems to be so much cheaper than Tetra.

I guess with you not having access to Tetra by years end you will shelve your plans to port to SDRUno?

petermaxu

The 'TETRA_event_xxxx.log' and 'TETRA_cc_xxxx.log' should be OK.
The event log will tell me where in the other log file the private calls occur.

You can send via PM rather than on this thread.

I got the problem, that i hear only one site of the conversation in private - simplex(half) mode.

Do you also want me to send the logs ?

thewraith2008

Hi! Please Somebody send it to me TTT v099 simple version. Thank You!

Please help!
It doesn't work here. The Call button is inactive. I'm moving ttt. Sdr skips the hollow frequency.
If the latest version doesn't work what makes you think one of the oldest would.
The red text does not make sense to me at all.

I guess with you not having access to Tetra by years end you will shelve your plans to port to SDRUno?
I started to test with this plug-in but the plug-in SDK seems somewhat incomplete (only a beta) and I couldn't see how it could work.
This coupled with the difference between the programming in C++ and C# to which I am currently only versed with C#, I don't have the time to problem solve for SDRUNO SDK.

I got the problem, that i hear only one site of the conversation in private - simplex(half) mode.

Do you also want me to send the logs ?
This is not a problem and is normal.
It means that the other MS is somewhere else in the network (different LA).
You are hearing the other MS that is on a different LA and not the MS the is on the current LA.

MS:1 > LA:1(uplink) >>> LA:2(downlink) >> MS:2
MS:2 > LA:2(uplink) >>> LA:1(downlink) >> MS:1

You can see MS:1 audio is not sent on LA:1(downlink)
You can see MS:2 audio is not sent on LA:2(downlink)
Sending local MS speech on downlink is not required as there is no-one there (related to call) to hear it.

Since you are only listening on LA:1(downlink), you only hear MS:2

The uplink is not seen.
The link between uplink and downlink of two LAs is not seen.

petermaxu

If the latest version doesn't work what makes you think one of the oldest would.
The red text does not make sense to me at all.

I started to test with this plug-in but the plug-in SDK seems somewhat incomplete (only a beta) and I couldn't see how it could work.
This coupled with the difference between the programming in C++ and C# to which I am currently only versed with C#, I don't have the time to problem solve for SDRUNO SDK.

This is not a problem and is normal.
It means that the other MS is somewhere else in the network (different LA).
You are hearing the other MS that is on a different LA and not the MS the is on the current LA.

MS:1 > LA:1(uplink) >>> LA:2(downlink) >> MS:2
MS:2 > LA:2(uplink) >>> LA:1(downlink) >> MS:1

You can see MS:1 audio is not sent on LA:1(downlink)
You can see MS:2 audio is not sent on LA:2(downlink)
Sending local MS speech on downlink is not required as there is no-one there (related to call) to hear it.

Since you are only listening on LA:1(downlink), you only hear MS:2

The uplink is not seen.
The link between uplink and downlink of two LAs is not seen.

Thank you for explaining...

DRL-XM43

OK I think I am very close. (Just started). I have it where I start SDR# X 2 and launch the application, VC goes to park, CC starts decoding. The system I am trying to trunk seems to have 3 channels that are continuous "carriers" if I go to these there is activity, VC goes to the active and the app shows the call (see screen capture) and voice is heard.

The thing is the VC goes to the same frequency CC is on and I get double decoding (i.e) both are following the same "talk". This makes me think these are not the "control" channels. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Attachments

• TTT2.PNG
    TTT2.PNG
    252.7 KB · Views: 80

thewraith2008

OK I think I am very close. (Just started). I have it where I start SDR# X 2 and launch the application, VC goes to park, CC starts decoding. The system I am trying to trunk seems to have 3 channels that are continuous "carriers" if I go to these there is activity, VC goes to the active and the app shows the call (see screen capture) and voice is heard.

The thing is the VC goes to the same frequency CC is on and I get double decoding (i.e) both are following the same "talk". This makes me think these are not the "control" channels. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.
If you go to any TETRA frequency, TTT will determine the main carrier used for that LA then switch CC SDR# to that main carrier.
The MCCH is only on the main carrier on timeslot 1 and is used as call control (among other things).

Something I've noticed in the image, it shows you never seem to see a 'D_Release' at end of call.
Since I can't see the 'Call Timeout' value, I can't tell is it's to low. Default is 5 seconds and should be OK but I set it to 45 seconds as this value tends to work better with private calls.

Not sure what you mean by "double decoding (i.e) both are following the same "talk""
CC and VC SDR# when on the same carrier (the main carrier in this case) will show same information.

DRL-XM43

If you go to any TETRA frequency, TTT will determine the main carrier used for that LA then switch CC SDR# to that main carrier.
The MCCH is only on the main carrier on timeslot 1 and is used as call control (among other things).

Something I've noticed in the image, it shows you never seem to see a 'D_Release' at end of call.
Since I can't see the 'Call Timeout' value, I can't tell is it's to low. Default is 5 seconds and should be OK but I set it to 45 seconds as this value tends to work better with private calls.

Not sure what you mean by "double decoding (i.e) both are following the same "talk""
CC and VC SDR# when on the same carrier (the main carrier in this case) will show same information.

Ok thanks a lot I think I am beginning to get it your info and plugin/app are great - thank you.

jlxsolutions

I am pondering will Uplink decoding ever be supported?
as we have SDS LIP on uplink but nowdays it is no longer on Downlink,

thewraith2008

I am pondering will Uplink decoding ever be supported?
as we have SDS LIP on uplink but nowdays it is no longer on Downlink,
No plans to add support for uplink for a number of reasons.
The ability to capture suitable signal strength for IQ samples has proven near impossible for me.
The MS would have to be almost line of sight to hear them.
Knowing when and where a transmission is going to occur. There can be multiple uplink frequencies.
The fact that handling the uplink would require adding new code all the way from the demodulator to all the network protocols. It would be like writing another plug-in.

The amount of effort is just not worth the reward.

Erik40

No plans to add support for uplink for a number of reasons.
The ability to capture suitable signal strength for IQ samples has proven near impossible for me.
The MS would have to be almost line of sight to hear them.
Knowing when and where a transmission is going to occur. There can be multiple uplink frequencies.
The fact that handling the uplink would require adding new code all the way from the demodulator to all the network protocols. It would be like writing another plug-in.

The amount of effort is just not worth the reward.

hi thewraith2008 is it also possible to implement something to find out what the TEI and serial number is and to be able to retrieve it, you can build that in the software