SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

Erik40

I have a valid ISSI and valid GSSI, if I want to log in, the radio says, registration error, often a verification error, how is that possible?

RMW1010

I have a valid ISSI and valid GSSI, if I want to log in, the radio says, registration error, often a verification error, how is that possible?

Probably because you (or your radio) are not authorized to be on the network.
Not really on topic BTW

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
Hi @thewraith2008 and everyone else.
Firstly, wanted to say thank you for this. I've been in Europe for the last 18 months and have had TTT version 1.0.16 running full time providing decode of my local emergency services Tetra. It has opened up the previously unmonitorable systems for me. Thank you! I quickly constructed a couple of dipoles, and assigned my v3 RTL-SDRs to the task!

I have the final output pumping through to a private (and password protected) Zello channel, which enables me to carry my Radio Tone RT4 around with me to use as a receiver for these systems. It is a brilliant solution. The laptop in the loft handles the decode, pumps the audio to VB cable which is picked up by Zello, and rebroadcast to my channel. If I need to be more discrete, I use a smartphone / headphones combo rather than the radio style RT4. People just think I'm listening to music ;-)

I see there have been some updates, so I will be rolling those out on the laptop in the next few days.

One question I have. Would it be possible to incorporate usage of the AUX VFO plugin? That way only 1 SDR dongle could be used (providing CC & VC were within 2 Mhz of each other - which in my area is always true). It would be great to have the dual tuner functionality with 1 device (and 1 antenna).

I'm unsure how much additional code that would add, but could definitely benefit guys like me. I would love to repurpose one of those SDRs in another laptop, monitoring another system / set of TGs.

Either way, thank you for what you have made possible!!!

klausserthib

Hello,

I encounter an issue while using last plugin 1.7.0.0..
Audio calls appears on "Voice" panel in Tetra Plugin but TTT doesn't follow every calls (some of them are randomly not followed by TTT).

I revert back to v 1.6.3.8 and have no problem with that release.

Have you already expericed similar issue with last plugin ?

Thanks for the work done on these plugins and for your help !

thewraith2008

Hi @thewraith2008 and everyone else.
Firstly, wanted to say thank you for this. I've been in Europe for the last 18 months and have had TTT version 1.0.16 running full time providing decode of my local emergency services Tetra. It has opened up the previously unmonitorable systems for me. Thank you! I quickly constructed a couple of dipoles, and assigned my v3 RTL-SDRs to the task!

I have the final output pumping through to a private (and password protected) Zello channel, which enables me to carry my Radio Tone RT4 around with me to use as a receiver for these systems. It is a brilliant solution. The laptop in the loft handles the decode, pumps the audio to VB cable which is picked up by Zello, and rebroadcast to my channel. If I need to be more discrete, I use a smartphone / headphones combo rather than the radio style RT4. People just think I'm listening to music ;-)

I see there have been some updates, so I will be rolling those out on the laptop in the next few days.

One question I have. Would it be possible to incorporate usage of the AUX VFO plugin? That way only 1 SDR dongle could be used (providing CC & VC were within 2 Mhz of each other - which in my area is always true). It would be great to have the dual tuner functionality with 1 device (and 1 antenna).

I'm unsure how much additional code that would add, but could definitely benefit guys like me. I would love to repurpose one of those SDRs in another laptop, monitoring another system / set of TGs.

Either way, thank you for what you have made possible!!!
See TNM here.
Not as polished as TTT+plug-in, but does work.

Latest version (v1.7.0.0) can be found here: Release post

thewraith2008

Hello,

I encounter an issue while using last plugin 1.7.0.0..
Audio calls appears on "Voice" panel in Tetra Plugin but TTT doesn't follow every calls (some of them are randomly not followed by TTT).
This panel does not indicate a call, only timeslot TCH (speech) activity.
You could be seeing encrypted speech activity.

I revert back to v 1.6.3.8 and have no problem with that release.

Have you already expericed similar issue with last plugin ?

Thanks for the work done on these plugins and for your help !
With out any details about the network you listen too or how you have TTT and plug-in configured, I can't really help much.

Last edited:

thewraith2008

What's the key to solving no audio issues? TTT is picking up calls and following, but no audio is available. System is reporting clearspeech, no encryption
Supplying details on how your system , SDR#, TTT and plug-in are configured.

thewraith2008

@thewraith2008 View attachment 82672

Using latest version of TTT and SDR#
Strange error. Does not seem to point to a location of error.
My guess is the error has fallen through from somewhere else and landed here.
I'll have a look through the code to see if I can find anything.

If you you see error again let me know.
Don't forget to supply some details like versions used of SDR# TTT + plug-in, TTT mode, if call was in progress, type of call (group,private - simplex/duplex) or anything else that might be useful to know in troubleshooting this/any issues.

Kazzaw

Database Admin
Supplying details on how your system , SDR#, TTT and plug-in are configured.

I have 2x SDR Dongles, both are tracking appropriately, TTT and plug in are configured as per the PDF

Sorted - Audio output from SDR was on Virtual Audio Cable instead of speakers. Now voice is flowing freely

Attachments

• Tetra.png
    Tetra.png
    410 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

thewraith2008

I have 2x SDR Dongles, both are tracking appropriately, TTT and plug in are configured as per the PDF

Sorted - Audio output from SDR was on Virtual Audio Cable instead of speakers. Now voice is flowing freely
Your issue is with no audio, but still you provide no configuration details for audio options used in your system , SDR# and TTT.
  • What is your system's default audio output device?
  • What is SDR# audio output device? Does it match the above?
  • What is the 'VC Volume' value in TTT?
  • Do you hear any audio from SDR# normally?

klausserthib

This panel does not indicate a call, only timeslot TCH (speech) activity.
You could be seeing encrypted speech activity.

With out any details about the network you listen too or how you have TTT and plug-in configured, I can't really help much.

Hello,

Sorry for not being enough precise in my previous post, I attach you a screenshot of my current configuration while the problem is present.
To test, I also proceeded the same tests with a 1732 version of SDRSharp, the problem is exactly the same (definitely not coming from SDR).

The configuration of the old TTT version and new are exactly the same.

Communication bw SDR and TTT seems to work (Tetra LA is detected) but calls are not "detected" by TTT.

Version 1.6.3.8 -> Working fine.
Version 1.7.0.0 -> TTT not detecting call.

Is something missing? Am I doing something wrong ?

Let me know if you want further information about config / logs.

Thanks for your help !

Attachments

• Bug_TTT_1.7.0.jpg
    Bug_TTT_1.7.0.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 46

thewraith2008

Hello,

Sorry for not being enough precise in my previous post, I attach you a screenshot of my current configuration while the problem is present.
To test, I also proceeded the same tests with a 1732 version of SDRSharp, the problem is exactly the same (definitely not coming from SDR).

The configuration of the old TTT version and new are exactly the same.

Communication bw SDR and TTT seems to work (Tetra LA is detected) but calls are not "detected" by TTT.

Version 1.6.3.8 -> Working fine.
Version 1.7.0.0 -> TTT not detecting call.

Is something missing? Am I doing something wrong ?

Let me know if you want further information about config / logs.

Thanks for your help !
In your image, you are not using the v1.7.0.0 plug-in with TTT v1.7.0.0 (TTT and plug-in must be from same release)
Please update the plug-in to 1.7.0.0 and try again and see if you still see the problem.

klausserthib

Yes, you're right. I didn't change the DLL for the screenshot ;-)

Now I've both TTT and plugin in last version but issue is the same.

What's strange is that parts of conversations appear. As if the Tetra signal was to poor to be decoded (that's not the case for this network I monitor).

Having carried out many version upgrades, I have never had this type of problem. The whole system is very stable and works continuously.

For the moment, I will keep the old version of the plugin and TTT which work perfectly

(New screenshot in attachment).

Thanks !

Attachments

• TTT_1.7.0_NoVoice.jpg
    TTT_1.7.0_NoVoice.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 45

thewraith2008

Yes, you're right. I didn't change the DLL for the screenshot ;-)

Now I've both TTT and plugin in last version but issue is the same.

What's strange is that parts of conversations appear. As if the Tetra signal was to poor to be decoded (that's not the case for this network I monitor).

Having carried out many version upgrades, I have never had this type of problem. The whole system is very stable and works continuously.

For the moment, I will keep the old version of the plugin and TTT which work perfectly

(New screenshot in attachment).

Thanks !
In your working TTT folder (Daily), do you have the 'TETRA_cc_xxxx.log' that goes with that last image. (that has the call shown)
Also in the TTT folder, if there is a file called 'errors.txt'. Can you supply that as well.
This maybe required because in both images there is shown error for TCP connection (TTT and Plug-in)

EDIT: Might be a good idea to PM these files or link to files to me.

Last edited:

klausserthib

Hello,

You will find in attachment, a new screenshot and corresponding log files. You will see that some calls are not detected by TTT but logged by the Tetra plugin.

Yes there is an error which appears relating to NetRemote, I do not know if that has an incidence ?

Thanks !

Attachments

• TTT_Bug_1.7.0.jpg
    TTT_Bug_1.7.0.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 36
  • TTT_Logs.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 13

thewraith2008

Hello,

You will find in attachment, a new screenshot and corresponding log files. You will see that some calls are not detected by TTT but logged by the Tetra plugin.

Yes there is an error which appears relating to NetRemote, I do not know if that has an incidence ?

Thanks !
Looks like some 'D_Setup' PDUs you are seeing are not containing one of the expected elements and therefore are not initiating a call setup.

I think I fixed the problem that causes this issue a week or so ago.
I try and compile a test version for you to try and send you a link if I can get sometime.