SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

ronenp

Hi there
I dont hear or see on the monitor window any call info
when i stand on a Channel that a conversation supposed to be i get the MCC and other info but there is no info on the Group call or any other call
when i turn the "Enable (eats CPU)" on i see that there is a voice call but i get no info in the monitor window
what am i doing wrong ?
what about encrypted calls ? can at least scrambled voice be heared ? or only clear voice can be heared ? what about display the call info of the encrypted call ?
I use only one Dongle and i place it eider on the main channel freq or on the what supposed to be a voice channel
any info or direction welcome
Thanks Forward

oz1jua

thewraith2008
I understand that oz1jua like to fallow ISSI on his network?
oz1jua, correct me if i misunderstand?

Yes it is only what I want. But I se that it can be very complicated becouse the PDU says it
is encrypted so I understand that there maybe no way to show what is encrypted or not.
And it is better that what you se is correct and not garbage. But agian why have the field Encrypted then
it will never show any thing but Clear.

thewraith2008

But agian why have the field Encrypted then it will never show any thing but Clear.
In this post addressed to you, I agreed that the 'Encrypted' column was not needed.
It is a remnant of the plug-in that was set-up before it was really understood.
We know that if any encryption is in place, then no call control information will be available, so this column will never be used.

The 'Encrypted' column will be gone in next version of the plug-in when released.

Latest version (v1.0.16.0) can be found here: Release post

syscodec

trtt.jpg

asgard

thewraith2008 I would like to invite you in one of our tetra discussion facebook groups and maybe we can exchange more info, also help you with tests if you need something, most of us are using tetra terminals. Also we want to open a discussion about building a tetra hospot. If you think that you can spare some time please let me know. regards

thewraith2008

thewraith2008 I would like to invite you in one of our tetra discussion facebook groups and maybe we can exchange more info, also help you with tests if you need something, most of us are using tetra terminals. Also we want to open a discussion about building a tetra hospot. If you think that you can spare some time please let me know. regards
Thanks for offer but I don't use that platform.
I don't really know anything about the hardware side of TETRA.
I don't know what you mean by 'tetra hospot' (hotspot?). Is that a TMO BS or DMO Repeater?

thewraith2008

18th Public Release - TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in - v1.0.17.0

This package (version) of TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in (with codec libtetradec.dll) are only meant to be used
with each other and with no other previous versions. To do so will most likely cause issues.

TETRA Demodulator plug-in has been updated by me. "Tweaked Edition (Unofficial) v1.0.17.0"
It's is required for some SDS features to work with TETRA Trunk Tracker v1.0.17.0. Please read text files in zip for plug-in.

This plug-in version changes/adds and fixes some items:
Code:
v1.0.17

FIXED: If an empty value for 'CC Park' was entered a crash/error 13 was thrown.
- Was already tested for, but was in wrong order.

FIXED: On occasions, duplicate GSSI where added in 'Call_Activity_xx-xx-20xx.csv' when used.

Rolled up version for public release

=====================================================================================================
v1.0.16.5 - Debug version

ADDED: Some error trapping for the CMCE (Call control) section.
- Hopefully an error in this section when it occurs will provide some meaningful data - Please report it. (with a screenshot)

FIXED: Code that cleared the PDU output textbox was not firing on very busy networks which resulted in a memory leak. ("OutOfMemoryException")

=====================================================================================================
v1.0.16.1 - Debug versions
v1.0.16.2
v1.0.16.3

CHANGED: The column 'Encrypted' is now removed as it doesn't really show anything different than 'Clear'.

CHANGED: A variable was not correctly managed that may have resulted in a memory leak. (Only when 'MS Registrations' tab visible)

ADDED: Error trapping to 'Network Info' window. (used to find below issue)
FIXED: When NULL encrypted PDUs where seen, a crash followed.

FIXED: Cell Neighbour list would on rare occasions cause crash. Probably a thread safe issue.

Added: Some logic for the (plug-in) logging feature to set path if not set (for when logging is enabled).

see 'changelog.txt' for full list and details.

If SDR# is crashing when 'Demodulator' is enabled, it's because you have not set-up the plug-in correctly.
You MUST do this 1st. This is NOT TETRA Trunk Trackers fault.

You generally need to get these installed:
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" and install both 32/64 bit versions (if you use 64 bit OS)

This TETRA Trunk Tracker version changes/adds and fixes some items:
Code:
v1.0.17

Rolled up version for public release

FIXED: If an empty value for 'CC Park' was entered a crash/error 13 was thrown.
- Was already tested for, but was in wrong order.

FIXED: On occasions, duplicate GSSI where added in 'Call_Activity_xx-xx-20xx.csv' when used.

UPDATED: PDF documentation. Please read them.

v1.0.16.2 - Not a public release

FIXED/CHANGE: If TTT window position is to the left of visible screen area on start then it will be reset.

FIXED: When used, the 'Call_Activity_xx-xx-20xx.csv' was not been saved at the save points (every 10 minutes)

ADDED: Minimize (TTT) to systray.
- Click the minimize button (NOT the close [X]) to minimize to systray. Double click TTT icon in systray to restore.
- Has call notifications (when minimized) on the systray. Can be disabled in 'Options 2'.
- Open from systray: G/SSI Editor
- Open/Close from systray: Remote window.
- Release an active call from systray.
- Exit TTT from systray

NOTE: Notification timeouts are controlled by the OS. Also if no mouse movement is seen, a notification
       will remain on screen until next notification or until mouse is moved or it is clicked.

see 'Options 2 - Disable systray call notifications (when minimised)' in 'TTT_Features_and_Usage.pdf' for
 details about Notifications in Windows 10

CHANGED: If mode (Single/Dual) is changed before 'Start' is clicked in TTT, a restart of TTT is not required.

v1.0.16.1 - Not a public release

FIX: Private calls - Some calls were set-up that did not have the required elements for correct set-up.

ADDED: D_NEW_CELL PDU to event log. Partly for testing and experimentation at the moment.
- This PDU shows when a MS leaves a LA.

FIXED: DSDPlus.LRRP error (75)
- The path save string variable was not initialized on new installs. If the 'DSDPlus.LRRP save path' field is never
   changed then it remains that way. If you do change then it will be OK from then on.

CHANGED: D_TX_Interrupt reporting on event log.
- Shows transmission grant status. 

see 'changelog.txt' for full list and details.

Has been tested on Windows 7 - Basic (64 bit)
Has been tested on Windows 7 - Professional SP1 (32 bit), English
Has been tested on Windows 10 - Professional (64 bit)

I have created it to suit my needs. And it currently works for me with the TETRA network I monitor.

I make no claim that it will work for other networks.

Please read the provided files for set-up and usage:

• TTT_set-up_manual.pdf
  • TTT_Features_and_Usage.pdf

I have tried to be as thorough as possible with the documentation to explain usage and features.
I believe any questions can be answered by reading these files.
These files most likely are not complete and contain errors and are not laid out as good as they could be.

The TETRA plug-in is now been mainly tested with SDR# 1700 on Windows 7 Professional 32 bit with no issues seen.
The TETRA plug-in with SDR# 1700 on Windows 7-10 64 bit PCs is untested by me and is known.

It only works with the provided TETRA plug-in supplied in zip. (2019-August-21).
This version uses a custom compiled version of 'Net Remote' supplied in zip

It is only meant to be a temporary solution until something better comes along.

Thanks to tsapers for helping with testing to find the "OutOfMemoryException".
Thanks to mrscanner2008 for helping with testing to find the NULL encrypted PDUs that where causing a crash "KeyNotFoundException".

Note: This link now is to a folder that stores the download, which means the link to the location of the files will stay the same but the files in it can vary.
Download

MD5 HASH 0f5db3f0626155ad40daaffd4b250a29

hamradionl

Very nice good size popup window function
please remove or change / configuration the annoying windows dingdong sound for TTT (changing will not infected the other windows setup)
On very very busy network every 20 - 60 seconds a dingdong is anoying.

thewraith2008

Very nice good size popup window function
please remove or change / configuration the annoying windows dingdong sound for TTT (changing will not infected the other windows setup)
On very very busy network every 20 - 60 seconds a dingdong is anoying.
Like I just said to you in the PM. Read the documentation.
You said you read it but you clearly didn't.
It's mentioned in the release post, changelog and TTT_Features_and_Usage.pdf.

Latest version (v1.0.17.0) can be found here: Release post

thewraith2008

It will be more simple to switch sound ON/OFF in TTT configuration setup file.
No it won't, the sounds created by the conversion of balloon notifications to toasts in Windows 10 are controlled by the OS, not TTT.
That's why I supplied a way to switch it back to the intended balloon notifications style.
Choice is yours to use notifications or not and to use the toasts notification (converted balloon notifications) or switch back to balloon notifications.

hamradionl

'Start Menu and Taskbar' > 'Disable showing balloon notifications as toasts.'
Sorry, the RED TXT is not found in my windows10 this is why i asking my question ;)

thewraith2008

'Start Menu and Taskbar' > 'Disable showing balloon notifications as toasts.'
Sorry, the RED TXT is not found in my windows10 this is why i asking my question ;)
What version of windows 10 do you use?
I think Windows 10 'Home' has to be done the slightly harder way via regedit. (Because it does not have the Group Policy Editor)
Instructions here for doing it with regedit (and with group policy editor).

If NOT using Windows 10 'Home', Where you looking in the 'Local Group Policy Editor'
Navigate to 'User Configuration' > 'Administrative Templates' > 'Start Menu and Taskbar' > 'Disable showing balloon notifications as toasts.'

hamradionl

What version of windows 10 do you use?
I think Windows 10 'Home' has to be done the slightly harder way via regedit. (Because it does not have the Group Policy Editor)
Instructions here for doing it with regedit (and with group policy editor).

Sorry sir,
about windows 10 home version is not mention in your setup documentation.

Using reg edit for not experience users, its a risk and for me personal, i dont like use regedit or only when strictly necessary.
Now you understand why i ask the question, knowing some use the win10 home version?
Again i like the popop ballon information, but is there a solution or change for the "pingpong" sound?
Or a function turn the whole thing off.

thewraith2008

Sorry sir,
about windows 10 home version is not mention in your setup documentation.
I can't document usage and differences for every Windows OS out there. I only use Windows 7.
I don't get paid enough to research all possible solutions.

Using reg edit for not experience users, its a risk and for me personal, i dont like use regedit or only when strictly necessary.
Now you understand why i ask the question, knowing some use the win10 home version?
Again i like the popop ballon information, but is there a solution or change for the "pingpong" sound?
Or a function turn the whole thing off.
Not using regedit is your choice. I doubt there is much risk involved here.

Since the sound is related to the OS and I don't use Windows 10, you will have to use the internet thing to work that out.
Turning off notifications is mentioned in the documentation.
It's even easy to find 'Disable systray call notifications (when minimised)'

hamradionl

I can't document usage and differences for every Windows OS out there.

Fully Understand,
but you pointed me out that i need to (better) read the setup documentation or that i did not read document at all.
I like make that statement clear, if is not mention in de documentation so i cant read it :)

I don't get paid enough to research all possible solutions.
Like i mention several times to make TTT donation ware, like DSD fastlane, to get some funding for your effort.
Or integrate TTT in DSD fastlane and share the fundings to you all.
I dont mind do some payment for your effort.

Not using regedit is your choice. I doubt there is much risk involved here.
are you using WIN7 in VM, there no much risk.
Most use WIN10 as primary system and not all like poking around in regedit specialy not when influence to other programs.

thewraith2008

are you using WIN7 in VM, there no much risk.
My Windows 7 is bare metal not a VM.
The risk is the same for both. If I stuffed up a VM, would I not have to do the same to fix it.

TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in - v1.0.17.1 - Update

Don't let it be said I don't try and help.

Here is an update (v1.0.17.1) that addresses the sound with the notifications (Toasts) in Windows 10.
No need to make change with group policy editor or use regedit. (Unless you want to use the balloon style)

Note: This link now is to a folder that stores the download, which means the link to the location of the files will stay the same but the files in it can vary.
Download

MD5 HASH b8345b17501dfd87a4745744c0550550

asgard

small question, as long as ttt do decoding of tetra dmo/tmo clear, using let's say hack rf one hw, there is a posibility to transmit too? , i know that nobody done that, i'm asking if as hw/sw way to do that/make that. thanks