SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

thewraith2008

small question, as long as ttt do decoding of tetra dmo/tmo clear, using let's say hack rf one hw, there is a posibility to transmit too? , i know that nobody done that, i'm asking if as hw/sw way to do that/make that. thanks
I'm sure you could do it but you would need to start from scratch as SDR#, TETRA plug-in and TTT don't handle the TX side of capable SDRs or TETRA.
If you are looking at a homemade Repeater/BS, embedded hardware would probably be better to use than a SDR solution.
I would imagine that SDR would have unacceptable latencies for RX/TX usage.

Latest version (v1.0.17.1) can be found here: Release post

asgard

thanks for replay, for teyra there is no homemade tetra repeater/bs. There are some radios with repeater function , but not repeater itself is is main goal. a radio/repeater you can cover a certain area, with a tetra hotspot you can cover ww. I remember some time ago G4KLX was talking about a new generation of multimode hostpots based on iq radio hw (kinda sdr ) and saying that hw will be avaibile he can modify hys mmdvm project to cover tetra/tetrapol too as long as for the moment ambe 3000 chips and stm's can't handle tetra, only dmr,p25,c4fm,dstar.

thewraith2008

@thewraith2008 I got this error today. It says to report it, so here it is.

Running TTT 1.0.17.1
SDR# 1707
Thanks for reporting.

When processing a PDU is seems your NMI (MCC/MNC) is 0.
This value would be unlikely but stranger still is that it still should have created an entry for it in earlier code.
My guess it that the NMI (global) variable is changing mid function causing this error.

Are you using TTT in single or dual mode?
I could see single mode doing this as there is a delay in updating network info after switching back from call.
Have you seen this more than the once?

hassanila

Thanks for reporting.

When processing a PDU is seems your NMI (MCC/MNC) is 0.
This value would be unlikely but stranger still is that it still should have created an entry for it in earlier code.
My guess it that the NMI (global) variable is changing mid function causing this error.

Are you using TTT in single or dual mode?
I could see single mode doing this as there is a delay in updating network info after switching back from call.
Have you seen this more than the once?

Running in single mode with an RTL-SDR v3

This is the first time I get this specific error.20190829_024254_SDRSharp.png

jlxsolutions

This might be a odd request for a trunking software but could a lock frequency option be added?
Thing is only clear tetra i can listen to is several hundreds of Km's away and only available during ducting, and maybe 4 or 5 of the signals become strong enough for decoding. added a image to visualize the issue :)

P.S
Seems i have a actual problem to it seems after it switches it also freezes adding screenshot

Attachments

• SDRSharp_2019-09-01_03-16-58.png
    SDRSharp_2019-09-01_03-16-58.png
    302.3 KB · Views: 77
  • dwm_2019-09-01_03-31-37.png
    dwm_2019-09-01_03-31-37.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

thewraith2008

This might be a odd request for a trunking software but could a lock frequency option be added?
Thing is only clear tetra i can listen to is several hundreds of Km's away and only available during ducting, and maybe 4 or 5 of the signals become strong enough for decoding. added a image to visualize the issue :)

P.S
Seems i have a actual problem to it seems after it switches it also freezes adding screenshot
If you don't want TTT to follow a call that leaves the main carrier, then you have two options:
- Don't use with TTT. The plug-in by itself will listen to the one of the 4 timeslots on the tuned carrier.
- TTT in single mode has an option in 'L' (Create Call Activity CVS - NO CALLS) that will only listen to calls that are on the main carrier.
TTT won't work if you select a traffic carrier for listening as it will switch back to the main carrier so it can monitor the MCCH.
This switching can be disabled (-dm) but it serves no purpose to do that because TTT will not respond to anything there.

A side note:
Just noticed that that label for 'Create Call Activity CVS - NO CALLS' does not show in single mode before clicking 'Start' in TTT.
- It shows "Create Call Activity CVS" which is for dual mode.
Will fix for next release.

Not sure about cause of TTT 'Not Responding', one other person has mentioned it to me.
Do you use recording? This is known to cause unexplained TTT freeze when it tries to record.
Give me some details about set-up and selected options.

jlxsolutions

If you don't want TTT to follow a call that leaves the main carrier, then you have two options:
- Don't use with TTT. The plug-in by itself will listen to the one of the 4 timeslots on the tuned carrier.
- TTT in single mode has an option in 'L' (Create Call Activity CVS - NO CALLS) that will only listen to calls that are on the main carrier.
TTT won't work if you select a traffic carrier for listening as it will switch back to the main carrier so it can monitor the MCCH.
This switching can be disabled (-dm) but it serves no purpose to do that because TTT will not respond to anything there.

A side note:
Just noticed that that label for 'Create Call Activity CVS - NO CALLS' does not show in single mode before clicking 'Start' in TTT.
- It shows "Create Call Activity CVS" which is for dual mode.
Will fix for next release.

Not sure about cause of TTT 'Not Responding', one other person has mentioned it to me.
Do you use recording? This is known to cause unexplained TTT freeze when it tries to record.
Give me some details about set-up and selected options.

Thank you for your quick reply, I do use recording,
Next time there is Ducting conditions i will test further
(the only local traffic is fully encrypted or well would'nt matter pesky gov put a BS right beside our house overloads lol)
P.S
Well it is not the recording for some weird reason i got my first Russian tetra DX runs fine and records no "not responding".
Using W10 X64 latest sdr# only your plugins(and defaults)
But it happened each time it switched frequency

Last edited:

thewraith2008

FYI for those that care or may see a simaliar condition

I set-up a bare metal Windows 10 PC for testing (TTT and) TETRA Demodulator plug-in.
I discovered that the 'TETRA Demodulator' signal indicator (the red 'Received') and quality indicator %
where jumping all over the place. (see GIF below)

6RJ8BNR.gif

Now the PC I set-up is not the most powerful thing around with a Core 2 Duo (2 core) 2.4GHz with 4 GB RAM but it should
be OK for this task.

I found that the Windows power plan was set to 'Balanced (recommended)'
I changed this to 'High performance' and retried and all was good with a steady red 'Received' and 100.00%
This maybe also applicable to Windows 7.

Code:
Right click 'Start' menu and click 'Settings'
Type 'Power Plan' and click 'Choose a power plan'
Click 'High performance' and close.
Done

tomekjkp

Hello, does anyone have an archived version of the TTT plugin? Because the new one throws out binary digits in SDS, which is tedious when reading the file. My request, as if the author could collect all previous versions and put on his MEGA it would probably be very helpful for some. greetings

thewraith2008

Hello, does anyone have an archived version of the TTT plugin? Because the new one throws out binary digits in SDS, which is tedious when reading the file. My request, as if the author could collect all previous versions and put on his MEGA it would probably be very helpful for some. greetings
Why don't you just turn it OFF?