SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

Matthias_2277

DE2RVK
sdrsharp is still crashing and always the same crash on the same frequency on other frequencies he runs stable where can it work.
sdrshrap and tetra demolator runs without ttt and network info same crash only on the frequency and LA cell.
it can only be due to the tetra demolator or someone has a solution

Thank you very much

thewraith2008

sdrsharp is still crashing and always the same crash on the same frequency on other frequencies he runs stable where can it work.
sdrshrap and tetra demolator runs without ttt and network info same crash only on the frequency and LA cell.
it can only be due to the tetra demolator or someone has a solution

Thank you very much

In your post here with error log
This crash is not pointing to a TETRA Demodulator error.

TETRA Demodulator should throw some error message.

If issue is related to RDP, then SDR# probably does don't like having a sound device (or dongle) ripped out from underneath it.

Latest version (v1.6.3.4) can be found here: Release post
- Please download 'TTT_1.6.3.4_release.7z' and install.
- Also download 'TTT_hotfix_v1.6.3.8.7z' and copy and replace the two files into the above install.

Matthias_2277

DE2RVK
In your post here with error log
This crash is not pointing to a TETRA Demodulator error.

TETRA Demodulator should throw some error message.

If issue is related to RDP, then SDR# probably does don't like having a sound device (or dongle) ripped out from underneath it.

- Also download 'TTT_hotfix_v1.6.3.8.7z' and copy and replace the two files into the above install.
I found the crash, but it comes from the Tetra demodulator that crashes on the 428.7375 MHz frequency. After short activities I have now taken an older version and it remains stable there, only the wick. Please continue to get help for the new version. otherwise it just won't run stable.

thewraith2008

I found the crash, but it comes from the Tetra demodulator that crashes on the 428.7375 MHz frequency.
Where is the crash report from the plugin then?

After short activities I have now taken an older version and it remains stable there, only the wick.
Burying your head in the sand isn't going to help anything.

Please continue to get help for the new version. otherwise it just won't run stable.
Your the one with the issue, you should be the one to 'help'.
It's not going to fix itself.
I have no problems here, I can't fix what I can't see.

You say it's guaranteed to crash after 2-3 minutes.
Maybe you should record a IQ sample for 3-4 minutes (or more) without the TETRA plugin running and send it to me.

Matthias_2277

DE2RVK
Where is the crash report from the plugin then?

Burying your head in the sand isn't going to help anything.

Your the one with the issue, you should be the one to 'help'.
It's not going to fix itself.
I have no problems here, I can't fix what I can't see.

You say it's guaranteed to crash after 2-3 minutes.
Maybe you should record a IQ sample for 3-4 minutes (or more) without the TETRA plugin running and send it to me.

sorry if I'm annoying
so far i have no problem only with the frequency LA11 262-156
in which a lot of information is running in the netmonitor, then the crash occurs at other LA 401 262-101. For example, it did not take the old demodulator79813

Attachments

• crash.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 23

thewraith2008

sorry if I'm annoying
so far i have no problem only with the frequency LA11 262-156
in which a lot of information is running in the netmonitor, then the crash occurs at other LA 401 262-101. For example, it did not take the old demodulator
Still looks like SDR# is having the error, not the TETRA plug-in.

Looks like you have many plug-ins installed. It's is known that some plug-ins don't behave with each other or too many will cause issues.

Create a new SDR# folder and only install TETRA Demodulator and then see how it runs.

If that does not help, then a IQ sample of the TETRA frequency that causes crash will be needed. I won't be able to do anything without it.

Matthias_2277

DE2RVK
Still looks like SDR# is having the error, not the TETRA plug-in.

Looks like you have many plug-ins installed. It's is known that some plug-ins don't behave with each other or too many will cause issues.

Create a new SDR# folder and only install TETRA Demodulator and then see how it runs.

If that does not help, then a IQ sample of the TETRA frequency that causes crash will be needed. I won't be able to do anything without it.

ok I tested it with several sdr # versins from v1666 to v1732 and only with the demolulator and no other plugins and it still crashed as I understood it I should do an IQ sample (make an audio recording if that is correct)

thewraith2008

If you can do this recording using SDR# 1700, that would be good.
Otherwise a version that is not the new Telerik (themed) version would be the next best thing.

The frequency you see crash, is that a main carrier?

To record an IQ sample please follow the instructions below.

Code:
Using IFRecoder to make IQ samples
==================================

'IFRecorder' is a narrow bandwidth IQ recorder plug-in for SDR# created by TSSDR.

Download here: http://rtl-sdr.ru/uploads/download/ifrecorder.zip

Install
=======
Unzip 'ifrecorder.zip'
- Copy 'SDRSharp.PluginsCom.dll' and 'SDRSharp.IFRecorder.dll' to your SDR# folder.
- Edit 'Plugins.xml' in the SDR# folder with Notepad and add the following line:

<add key="IFRecorder" value="SDRSharp.IFRecorder.IFRecorderPlugin,SDRSharp.IFRecorder" />

Set-up
======
Run SDR#
- "IF Recorder" should exist on SDR# side panel.

Set the top dropdown box to: '16 Bit PCM IQ'
Click 'Folder select' and choose a path to save the IQ file too.

Recording
=========
Start SDR#

Don't enable TETRA Demodulator (we don't won't it to crash during capture if it's the cause)
Don't use TTT

Configure SDR# for 'NFM' and bandwidth of 25000.
Setting NFM will make the IQ file smaller.

Select the carrier/frequency where you see the crash of SDR#
Click 'Record'

Click 'Stop' after 4-5 minutes.

Do not rename file at all. Doing so will make using IQ sample difficult.
Use 7zip to compress recorded IQ file to make smaller. (if under 100Mb then don't have to do this, but it would help)

See below section first.
- Upload to file hosting service like MEGA the send me the like in a PM.

================================================================================
================================================================================

Testing
=======
You can test the IQ recording yourself to see if it crashes SDR# again with TETRA Demodulator enabled.
Don't use TTT.

This playback test should comfirm that the recorded IQ file has whatever is causing the problem in it.

Use 'File Player', it is a plug-in for SDR# created by TSSDR.
 Download here: http://rtl-sdr.ru/uploads/download/wavplayer.zip

Install
=======
Unzip 'wavplayer.zip'
- Copy 'SDRSharp.WAVPlayer.dll' to your SDR# folder.
- Edit 'FrontEnds.xml' in the SDR# folder with Notepad and add the following line:
***** NOTE the file to edit, this is NOT 'Plugins.xml'

<add key="File Player" value="SDRSharp.WAVPlayer.WAVFileIO,SDRSharp.WAVPlayer" />

Set-up
======
Run SDR#
- "File Player" should appear in the 'Sources' dropdown box. (Where dongle is selected)

If it does not show a file selection dialog then click the gear icon in SDR# (where you normally configure dongle)
Select the file you just recorded
Press play in SDR#
Enable TETRA Demodulator and open the 'Network Info' window.

If crash is seen then upload to file hosting service like MEGA the send me the like in a PM

Please only send links to IQ file(s) via Private Message (PM)

Latest version (v1.6.3.4) can be found here:
Release post

BerlinScanner

Hi, newbie from Germany.
i am using sdrsharp and Tetra Demodulator.
anyone have experience about Tetra BOS?

Regards

Matthias_2277

DE2RVK
Hi, newbie from Germany.
i am using sdrsharp and Tetra Demodulator.
anyone have experience about Tetra BOS?

Regards

sorry BOS in Germany is encrypted with crypto do not know if someone has built something here because it is a very hot topic in Germany to decode BOS radio and if you could hear something it is also not allowed but other networks can be heard but only under conditions that no third party listens and only as a test if you have a transmitter system that you are not making any faults. Let's see if I answered that correctly.

BerlinScanner

sorry BOS in Germany is encrypted with crypto do not know if someone has built something here because it is a very hot topic in Germany to decode BOS radio and if you could hear something it is also not allowed but other networks can be heard but only under conditions that no third party listens and only as a test if you have a transmitter system that you are not making any faults. Let's see if I answered that correctly.

OK
Thanks.

DRL-XM43

First thank you very much for this great application-it works great for me.

My question concerns using single versus two instances of SDR#. I have two setups right now one for each, they both work great on the system I monitor which has 3 active LA frequencies I can select from.

When I run the two instances CC and VC what happens is CC sends VC to the same frequency it is on and the timeslot activity is the same on both.

It is the same on all 3 LA frequencies, a mirror image (CC and VC) This seems to be the same as just using single mode in my case.

It may be exclusive to the system I am monitoring but there seems to be no or very little difference between dual and single mode output.

Does what I describe seem right. I am trying to understand the difference between dual and single mode.

thewraith2008

First thank you very much for this great application-it works great for me.

My question concerns using single versus two instances of SDR#. I have two setups right now one for each, they both work great on the system I monitor which has 3 active LA frequencies I can select from.

When I run the two instances CC and VC what happens is CC sends VC to the same frequency it is on and the timeslot activity is the same on both.

It is the same on all 3 LA frequencies, a mirror image (CC and VC) This seems to be the same as just using single mode in my case.

It may be exclusive to the system I am monitoring but there seems to be no or very little difference between dual and single mode output.

Does what I describe seem right. I am trying to understand the difference between dual and single mode.
If you are saying that each LA you see only has one carrier to it, the main carrier and no others, then using dual mode would serve no advantage.

Single mode would have same features as Dual mode in this case. (mostly, I one of the logging option will work differently in single)

Most people see this for a LA
LA:
  • Main carrier
  • carrier
  • carrier
  • carrier etc...

Are you seeing this?
LA:
  • Main carrier

DRL-XM43

I see this in TTT interface, is that where I should look?

This is single and dual. I have a feeling it is a main carrier only system.

Attachments

• TTT2.PNG
    TTT2.PNG
    58.1 KB · Views: 71
  • TTT3.PNG
    TTT3.PNG
    59.8 KB · Views: 69

DRL-XM43

thewraith2008

@DRL-XM43

The only carrier shown in images is 906 (main carrier), but you should use the logs to confirm that no other carriers are used by network.
On low activity networks, the other carriers may not be used. Not sure how the usage of carriers can be assigned during load conditions.

Do you see a TETRA signal on the frequencies listed in database?
May not all of them are used anymore, maybe shutdown due to low subscribers?

As mention if only one carrier seen, then TTT in single mode is all you need.
If you don't need the features (priorities, labels, hold, recording, SDS, logging etc...) of TTT then just use SDR#+plug-in

DRL-XM43

@DRL-XM43

The only carrier shown in images is 906 (main carrier), but you should use the logs to confirm that no other carriers are used by network.
On low activity networks, the other carriers may not be used. Not sure how the usage of carriers can be assigned during load conditions.

Do you see a TETRA signal on the frequencies listed in database?
May not all of them are used anymore, maybe shutdown due to low subscribers?

As mention if only one carrier seen, then TTT in single mode is all you need.
If you don't need the features (priorities, labels, hold, recording, SDS, logging etc...) of TTT then just use SDR#+plug-in

Ok thanks, like I said above I only find activity on 3 of the frequencies and they are 3 LA which I can switch back and forth to so I expect it is a single carrier system with just timeslot activity and I am probably doing it right. I will use TTT in single mode I love the extra features.