• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera TYT/Tytera MD380 DMR HT

Status
Not open for further replies.

1enry1

hi, some colelgue say that for internal memory problem in this day if you whant to update

the database ww of the RETEVIS RT-3 not work, or have some problems !!! and you say nothing about ?

the strange is that external the RT-3 is similar at the TYT MD-380 but the internal gestion of the

memory NO!

is possibile this problem with the databse WW only with the retevis Rt-3 ?

1enry1

the very BAD thing that this two radio Rt3 and TYT are same outside ...but different HW inside !

not good :-(

lu1vlp

Basic Privacy Moto

Hey guys, do you know if using the MD380tools the Tyt md380 would be able to listen to moto basic privacy? Cheers

Holnig9458

Here is a place for a view or the unit:
Tytear DMR MD 380 Digital Analog Compatible With Mototrbo Radio TYT TDMA Digital Radio MD 380 Upgrade MD 280 DM UVF10-in Other Accessories from Phones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

And this place shows the UHF unit for $150.00
TYT Tytera TYT MD-380 DMR Handheld Digital Radio with LCD compatible with Motorola Digital Radio Brand of Radio TYT

Either way, I am thinking this is going to be a great unit to start off DMR for the price.

What is with the cheap DMR radios coming into play all of a sudden?
Sir/ma’am I just bought the MD-380 and all my channels are analog no digital all I have is zoned and channels and when I key up on the MD-380 I can hear on the receiving radio but when they key up I can’t hear any audio on my MD-380

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Sir/ma’am I just bought the MD-380 and all my channels are analog no digital all I have is zoned and channels and when I key up on the MD-380 I can hear on the receiving radio but when they key up I can’t hear any audio on my MD-380

Do you have the receive tone set properly if one is in use, otherwise have it set to CSQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.