HP-2: Uniden HomePatrol-2 not scanning Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

john43554

Ok here are the facts, I'm not sure what's going on?

By loading my zip code my HomePatrol-2 works fine scanning conventional and digital channels.

My HomePatrol-2 is not scanning Digital when I try to use a Favorite list made with the HomePatrol Sentinel software. It will scan everything else in the favorite list.

So I tried this... I created a favorites list on the scanner from the current channel list made from the range settings and service types. I downloaded that list to the Sentinel software. I then deleted everything in that list that I didn't want to scan. I uploaded that list to the HomePatrol-2. And now that list that was working is not scanning Digital but it is scanning everything else. I can see the digital channels listed in the favorites on the HomePatrol-2 but it does not scan them...

I'm not seeing a setting that's causing this and I would appreciate some help. Thanks!

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
What system is it and is it possible they are enc? Out of the box that scanner supports what's listed below. I am not sure if there are upgrades or not to enable other modes of digital.

System support:
o APCO 25 Trunked and Conventional
o Motorola Analog and Mixed Digital
o EDACS Narrow and Wide
o LTR o Conventional
o Phase 2 TDMA

Whiskey3JMC

Just another lowly hobbyist
Premium Subscriber
is it possible they are enc?
I'd guess no based on the OP's statement here:
By loading my zip code my HomePatrol-2 works fine scanning conventional and digital channels.

OP, please try the suggestion made in post #3, this is a commonly reported issue. The favorites list must be set to monitor. See additional notes here. If it still doesn't work for you please provide the RR database link to the system(s) you're having trouble monitoring so we can get eyes on the database to identify potential scanning pitfalls for you.
Welcome to the RR forums!

john43554

Check download & monitor for the FL in the profile editor within Sentinel. Next check service types in same place.
I have both download and monitor set to "on" Location is off. I have all service types checked to receive.

My zip is 43554 and I'm trying to listen to Williams county Ohio and Hillsdale county Michigan. Both including state patrol...

I'm on my lunch break at work, I'll look over all the settings when I get back home. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Do you have a site or sites in your fav. list? Are they sites you can copy? Very common issue is someone deletes all the sites.
TGID's only wont do squat without the Site/Sites for the Control Channels.
It is very possible there are no sites for the trunked systems. Since most trunked systems are digital and most conventional frequencies are analog, that would explain why the digital talkgroups are not working and the analog conventional frequencies are.

john43554

I'd guess no based on the OP's statement here:

OP, please try the suggestion made in post #3, this is a commonly reported issue. The favorites list must be set to monitor. See additional notes here. If it still doesn't work for you please provide the RR database link to the system(s) you're having trouble monitoring so we can get eyes on the database to identify potential scanning pitfalls for you.
Welcome to the RR forums!
Thanks for the link to the awesome manual!

john43554

Well I guess this is boiling down to setting the HomePatrol-2 up on the unit itself. I like the ideal of using the Sentinel software because of the different options but its just not working for me...

Thanks everyone for the help.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Well I guess this is boiling down to setting the HomePatrol-2 up on the unit itself. I like the ideal of using the Sentinel software because of the different options but its just not working for me...
If you attach a favorites list giving you problems, I can take a look at it and check for programming errors. Go to the File tab in HomePatrol Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file. You will need to right click on the exported file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped folder. What is your city, county, and state and which agencies are giving you a problem?

tvengr

Well Known Member
What is your city, county, and state and which agencies are giving you a problem?
I see from your zip code that you are in Pioneer, Williams County, Ohio. In the profile editor, you must have both Download and Monitor set to On for any files you write to the scanner. The proper service types (Tag in database) for the talkgroups and conventional frequencies must be enabled. If you follow my instructions in post #13, I can take a look at your favorites list and check it for programming errors.

john43554

I see from your zip code that you are in Pioneer, Williams County, Ohio. In the profile editor, you must have both Download and Monitor set to On for any files you write to the scanner. The proper service types (Tag in database) for the talkgroups and conventional frequencies must be enabled. If you follow my instructions in post #13, I can take a look at your favorites list and check it for programming errors.
I will make a brand new favorite file this evening. I'll try it and then I'll upload it here. I have download and monitor set to on. I have tried location on and off with the same results. Also I have all services selected.

john43554

Again the files write to the scanner fine but the scanner only scans traditional non digital frequencies when I load a favorite from the sentinel software...

john43554

If you attach a favorites list giving you problems, I can take a look at it and check for programming errors. Go to the File tab in HomePatrol Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file. You will need to right click on the exported file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped folder. What is your city, county, and state and which agencies are giving you a problem?
Here's the file. The only question I need to look into is: Do I need ID search on? I seen that in the edit favorites and wondered?

Attachments

• JC1.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 9

tvengr

Well Known Member
I will be checking the file. If in ID Search, you receive every talkgroup on the system whether programmed or not. In ID Scan, you receive only the talkgroups you have programmed. ID search can be helpful in finding new talkgroups not listed in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.