Uniden SDS100 & SDS200 Color Schemes

Alain

BTW, there is a brief thread on this very subject from January: SDS200 - Display Color Schemes

Before I began to even think about which color scheme was going to work for me, I decided to look around, on the Big Screen! Yeah, the major television stations/corporations pay millions of dollars to graphic designers to draw up something---anything---that will catch the viewers attention. One day, I was channel surfing and my eyes were caught by a bottom screen "crawl" on Fox News.

The text was white and the background was a bright, lemon-and-lime green. I have replicated that [to some extent] on my SDS200 and it is pleasing to the eye, and not glaring at all. My radio is kept in the garage where the radio is illuminated by a 40 watt desk lamp(!)

My display remains a work-in-progress, but it's getting very close to where I want it. May try the white on green combo at some point soon. Will post another photo then.

Attachments

• {933627F0-C76E-7629-DF3A-70028828F5D5}.jpg
    {933627F0-C76E-7629-DF3A-70028828F5D5}.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 300

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Trying to make a decent mobile scheme

And my Detail Mode when not Rolling
Had to tweak for the SDS200 as it needed brighter colors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Volume 18? Holy crap I thought I was deaf! :cool:

Alain

Volume 18? Holy crap I thought I was deaf! :cool:

Guys, if you look at the display it is only at #15(!)

I have my scanner in the garage [that's where the LMR comes into the garage from the antenna] and have a 20" oscillating fan to my left and a 1,600 cu. ft. attic fan above the garage door. The garage gets very hot in the summer and it's great for sucking out sawdust when I use my woodworking machines. To compensate for the fans, I have a small, 20 watt amp that boost the received signals volume, so that when I am listening in the garage, I can hear the scanner perfectly.

All in all, it's an ideal situation

Reconrider

I like it Jim! Coming along nice. I updated my tag locations a little and added a couple since the last time:
View attachment 90047
Are you finished with that screen configuration? I want to see how it looks on my 100. I have issues making the screen nice because I have no imagination and it’s only worse because I use my scanner during the sun light and looking at it is hard to see sometimes. I almost thought of an all yellow config