Unitrunker Unitrunker 2.1

Unitrunker2

Version 2.1 of Unitrunker is available here:

Version 2 Release 1 Preview 104

If you're still using version 1 with a discriminator tapped radio or computer controlled scanner - stay where you are. Discriminator oriented decoding isn't supported in version 2+.

If you're still using version 1 with SDRs - please upgrade. Instructions here:

Upgrade

If you are new to Unitrunker, instructions here:

Scratch

If you don't see your SDR listed on the Radios tab - some tips here:

Zadig Issues

Here's a summary of what has changed:

Summary

Before you get too excited, beware the program is limited to the following protocols ...
  • EDACS48,
  • EDACS96,
  • Motorola,
  • MPT1327,
  • SitePro,
  • P25 FDMA
... and limited to the following SDRs ...
  • Airspy Mini,
  • Airspy R0/R2,
  • HackRF One or clone,
  • Realtek with an R820T, R820T2, or R860 tuner.
... on a computer that runs a supported version of Microsoft Windows (8.0, 8.1, 10 and 11).

For the HackRF and Realtek SDRs - a temperature compensated clock reference is highly recommended. If you already own a Realtek SDR - make sure it has a supported tuner. The E4000 - for example - is not supported.

There are a significant number of people on these forums that have been using Unitrunker 2.1 for years. Their feedback was invaluable.

If you have questions - there's a sizable pool of knowledgeable people here with answers.

Enjoy.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
With the explosion of P25 Phase-2 TDMA systems popping up and upgrading (like my system state-wide in the next year or so), is there any plans to bring TDMA Phase-2 compatibility to Unitrunker?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Probably not until a copyright-free / royalty-free Phase 2 AMBE decoder is available.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
In the main window systems tab, first click the plus sign. Then pick protocol and system id defined in the rrdb. Entry will appear and then click on that new entry, and click the download button on the main screen.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I'm still running Unitrunker 2 on Windows 7. Lately it has not been very stable and seems to crash frequently. I should probably upgrade to windows 10...

Mboy00

Premium Subscriber
How do I find the User ID required from RR for the RRDB search function?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Press the button at the top with the green arrow over a rectangle and it brings up the log in box to download.

Screenshot 2023-04-25 17.28.47.png