Unitrunker system select/or multible instance of unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I have a edac system that runs anolog and digital transmissions. This is leading me to explore the system but a delima with sdrsharp. The time it takes to switch between dig and anolog is cumber-sum. To make it happen would mean for me to unlock users and TG. in anolog and then lock out the dig ones. Then go to sdr and change audio output to speakers and a few other things. sounds simple but not because the system is a big one.
I tried running two instances of unitrunker but the second uni won't control sdr via remote.dll. It would stop on the anolog voice call but no movement with my third copy of sdr. A little more digging and found the unitrunker is not meant the have two copy's ie.....two folders in program files x86 and two folders in users, app data, roaming.

I tried and cloned the edac system in the main window and doubled the system, but i'm not sure how to make unitrunker select the one i want to use. When i lock the CC with sdr the limbo pops up then i enter the CC freq. then the main site pops up with all the the proper info.

anyone else with this issue?

P.s. the new unitrunker with RTL support is great but not practical , the freq. correction is so erratic, any temp change with these sticks requires constant correcting. Unless you have those mod sticks with the oscillator crystal.

Last edited:

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
P.s. the new unitrunker with RTL support is great but not practical , the freq. correction is so erratic, any temp change with these sticks requires constant correcting. Unless you have those mod sticks with the oscillator crystal.

Plug your sticks into a hub, wrap them individually in a few layers of aluminum foil (for shielding since RTLs have none), and stick them into a bucket of sand. The sand will help keep the temperatures relatively stable. I've had three (unmodified) sticks running for several days like that with no need to adjust the correction.

SCPD

QRT
Instead of running two instances on Unitrunker, configure two voice role receivers.

Set one to pass only analog voice calls while the other only passes digital voice (P25 or ProVoice) calls.

I know this isn't as convenient as having one voice receiver automatically switch between analog and digital voice, but that's the best I can offer at this time.

As for frequency drift, I get good results in an indoor, air-conditioned environment. If I was driving around with a laptop, I'd expect the problem you describe.

thank-you Unitrunker.

Yes,it works. I just copied my Second SDR# with trunk control remote.dll. I called it SDR voice, now I just shut down SDR2 then stop voice roll debug, start the second one then fire up SDR voice. One thing that i can't set the park on the control channel, unless i want to listen to the control channel."NOPE". Not that it really matters where i set the park. Is it easier on the dongle if it sits on a dead frequency (static) or the actual control channel. Like will it burn out? I've had one die on me, when i left unattended overnite.

SCPD

QRT
You want the signal role receiver to park on the control channel. The voice role receiver can park on dead air, NOAA, a ham repeater, or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.