Useing PL codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveg1968

Premium Subscriber
I am in the process of programming A BCD996T. I would like to know if a agency uses the same Frequency with different PL's, Do i need to program each one, or can I just program the frequency and not use the pl and recieve on the channel.

n2mdk

You don't have to program in the PL's if you want to hear everything. You only need the PL's if you want to not hear certain transmissions.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
You might still want to program the PL codes even if you do want to monitor both agencies. If you're using alphanumeric tags, then using the PL code will display the proper name for the particular agency you're monitoring at that time.

N8IAA

I am in the process of programming A BCD996T. I would like to know if a agency uses the same Frequency with different PL's, Do i need to program each one, or can I just program the frequency and not use the pl and recieve on the channel.

Multiple pl codes and alphtagging make it easier to know what you are hearing. I listen to a repeater for the forestry commision that uses different pl's for different areas. That way, I don't have to figure out who is on the frequency. Also good for when the band openings happen and skip rolls in.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.