ARC536: Version 2.0 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1UA

This ain't gettin us noplace, we'll have to blast!
Database Admin
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
2,381
Reaction score
1,388
Location
Marstons Mills, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Hello,

Some issues I am having with the new version.

1. SQ Mode for DMR conventional still reads P25. If I switch it to DMR and save the file, shut down the program and restart, it's back to P25 again.

2. Unable to edit name of Favorite List, I see nothing in the manual, as a matter of fact the .pdf for the manual in the 2.0 download reflects only up to an earlier beta.

3. The favorites list tag does not translate from the scanner to the software apparently. It shows as the file name, not as how I labeled it initially.

4. Despite saving the file I'm editing I am continuously prompted with a warning box that indicates "Changes are not saved yet. If not saved, data is lost! Continue without saving?". Changes are saved but this pops up whether I've edited and saved, or done nothing at all.

Thanks,
Scott
 

garys

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
6,699
Reaction score
1,721
Location
Central Texas
Still having this problem with Build 12. I found that I can avoid it by not allowing the program to write to the Config file. It still seems that this is not quite working the way it should.



Using Version 2 Build 11 I've run into a problem. I updated a Favorites List and then uploaded it to the scanner. I opened the Edit window and checked only the Start Up Key I wanted to use for this FL. I then uploaded to the scanner. Upon restart I discovered that the FL would load on all Start Up Keys.

I rechecked the selection and uploaded again, thinking maybe I did something wrong. Same thing.

Am I missing something? Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.
 

SurgePGH

Active Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
669
Reaction score
351
Location
Belle Vernon, PA
In sentinel you can but not in ARC536. This has led me to abandon ARC after I paid all of the money for it. It is very disappointing that the free software is out performing the paid software.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Have we found a solution for the lat long coordinates for location based scanning when using rectangles?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

werinshades

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
6,935
Reaction score
3,395
Location
Chicago , IL
In build 12 support for PT and UBC3600 models was added. Nothing changed for the US models. Does the software detect the scanner ok? If you have multiple scanners you should only connect one scanner at a time.

Gommert
Butel Software

Yes...one scanner at a time. Tried different Com Port and had same issue. Says it's detecting scanner, and is able to read it.
 

werinshades

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
6,935
Reaction score
3,395
Location
Chicago , IL
Com port? File transfer is via USB. See the V2 manual addendum for info how to use the new interface.

Gommert
Butel Software

Sorry...my computer lingo is a little old. Yes...I tried different USB ports without luck. This morning, I just received Build 13. I never received any renewal notices, but noticed I started my subscription on 6-8-16. Is this the issue...I'm expired?
 

werinshades

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
6,935
Reaction score
3,395
Location
Chicago , IL
No, software does not expire nor does it require a subscription.

Gommert
Butel Software

I'm at a loss. It was working well before Build 12 on both my 436/536. The only other thing I can think of is the SD card and the software are not getting along well with the last 2 builds? I've been using the Transcend 32 gb SD card and not having any issues in Sentinel. I'm using the cable supplied with the scanners and the software recognizes the scanner. Not sure where else to look?
 

jasejoSK

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2016
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Location
Kosice, Slovakia
Frequency input in build 13

Hello, greetings from Europe, Slovakia.
I'm running ARC536 v2.00 and just received build 13. I've got a problem that currently I am not able to input any frequency between 54 and 108 MHz into channel list.
If I try to input anything from 54.000 to 107.999 it switches to 0054.000 automaticly. I suspect it has somthing to do with regional setting (maybe number formats?) but I'm really not sure. As it is standard that comma (,) is used as a decimal separator in Europe, I always switch it to full stop (.) before working with ARC536 or Sentinel.
Thank you very much in advance for reply.
 

Butelsoftware

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
2,486
Reaction score
417
Location
Dayton Hamvention
I'm at a loss. It was working well before Build 12 on both my 436/536. The only other thing I can think of is the SD card and the software are not getting along well with the last 2 builds? I've been using the Transcend 32 gb SD card and not having any issues in Sentinel. I'm using the cable supplied with the scanners and the software recognizes the scanner. Not sure where else to look?

The software detects the scanner so there is no issue with the connection. Did you select the overwrite option?

Gommert
Butel Software
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top