ARC536: Version 2.0 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
I added a Save All button by user request so some buttons are shifted. Thru the normal menu you can access all functions.

Garys wait for the system to load before you load a 2nd system, specially if it is a large system. If it still does not load email me a copy of the original hpd file so I can take a look.

Gommert
Butel Software

garys

Premium Subscriber
Okay, will do. Part of this might well be that I'm not used to the new system browser interface.

When it's totally debugged, this is going to a very good upgrade. I think it will mean less time using Sentinel. At least it will for me.

I like the Save All function, thanks for adding it.

I added a Save All button by user request so some buttons are shifted. Thru the normal menu you can access all functions.

Garys wait for the system to load before you load a 2nd system, specially if it is a large system. If it still does not load email me a copy of the original hpd file so I can take a look.

Gommert
Butel Software

racingfan360

Well, reading all this I regret automatically updating to the new version. My usual adage of "if it's not broken, don't fix it" normally applies, but I slipped up this time. I have some work to do with my data, but I'm not even prepared to read the radio right now.
Is there an archive of previous versions i.e. pre-V2.0 around somewhere I can roll back to?

I've uploaded a copy of the Pro version 0.99 Build 5 to here:
Zippyshare.com - arc536pro v0.99.zip

Personally, and respecting your 'ain't broke don't fix it' comment, I do find v2.0 Build 10 much better than v0.99 - so thanks again for the development work on it Gommert.

racingfan360

Build 10 - Thanks

As a marker for future releases, would it be possible to consider adding a feature to give you the ability to sort by Department name within a System? It would be super helpful for those outside the US who need to create lots of Systems from scratch, where they each contain many Departments.

Just noticed Build 10 now adds this auto sort functionality: works really well: great job again Gommert ! Thanks.

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
I've uploaded a copy of the Pro version 0.99 Build 5
Many thanks jhampton - much appreciated.

At least I now have confidence that I'm using the version that works for me, without any surprises :)

towser

Premium Subscriber
I have the latest version ARC536 Basic. I used to be able to go into RR database, download and edit what I wanted and write to my scanner. Now there is no write button on my toolbar like before. I did see I can write when I look under ARC536 from the toolbar menu but now I get asked to save what I did. I never had to before and no matter what I try I can't save so I can't write anything to the scanner.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to also fix it to where we hit the open button the previous systems disappear like the other releases did?

garys

Premium Subscriber
This brings up a question I have. How do I save multiple systems as on FL? I used to know how to do that, but it's obviously different with version 2.0.

Is there a save all systems as .hpd file function?

No, version 2.0 supports opening multiple files at the same time.

Gommert
Butel Software

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I figured out that I was saving systems as favorites lists, not as systems. Once I realized that, I opened all of the systems and then did cut and paste to add them under one FL. It just seems to work a bit differently than version .99.

When you save a hpd all systems that belong to that hpd file are saved.

Gommert
Butel Software

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
noticed one thing today Gommert

in the screenshot i have 2 .hpd files open, Atlanta Metro and AAR
i imported 2 DMR systems into atlanta metro with RR, PDV and smart radio,
when sending to the radio it adds pdv and smart radio to both hpd files.

secondly when assigning favorites list Number tags you can only have one, i.e if you set one to 0 and the other to 1 both end up as the last one set

Attachments

• 2017-02-26_0-04-50.jpg
    2017-02-26_0-04-50.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 314

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
In build 10 the RR import will add the systems to the active HPD file. Sending data does not change anything in the hpd format, it is just a transer of the file.
In the upload window you have an overview of numtags and the options to set them per fav. file.

Gommert
Butel Software

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
In build 10 the RR import will add the systems to the active HPD file. Sending data does not change anything in the hpd format, it is just a transer of the file.
In the upload window you have an overview of numtags and the options to set them per fav. file.

Gommert
Butel Software

Build 10 is adding the systems to the active HPD file, however it is also adding an empty system to the other HPD file when saved ill attach them here as well as screenshots of the software, it may have to do with the save all button im not sure

Attachments

• 2017-02-26_10-43-34.png
    2017-02-26_10-43-34.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 296
  • 2017-02-26_10-47-17.png
    2017-02-26_10-47-17.png
    18 KB · Views: 292
  • ARC536PRO.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 2017-02-26_11-02-07.png
    2017-02-26_11-02-07.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

blackhawk

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way of sorting the systems other than by alphabetic order? It used to show up in the order that i would input them.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
Field Questions....

While on the main screen of a file there are 6 fields. What do the following fields refer to?

Scanner Ref:
Favorite Tag:
Fav Quick Key: ( If I set this field to 2 will that assign it to Quick Key 2 in my scanner? )
Number Tag: (This is the field that prompted me to start this thread in the first place)

A "SEARCH" feature in the help file would be great.

Thank you for the help with this. I have a few more questions but am figuring it out the more I use the software.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.