ARC536: Version 2.0 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Scott,

I changed the setting to Search on one of my few DMR conventional frequencies and it SQ Mode stayed as DMR.

OTOH, I've found that if I try to save, but then cancel, I get a "Nothing to Save" message. When I click OK, the save window opens again. Hit cancel, the cycle repeats. The only way to get out is to use Task Master to end the process. That's a trait of ARC536 with just about any error message and has been since the earliest releases. It's a minor annoyance, but it's an annoyance.

The new write to scanner interface it nice, and seems to mimic some aspects of Sentinel. It just takes some getting used to.

I don't like that the naming format seems to have changed just enough to require deleting files on the computer instead of overwriting them. At least the first time through.

Still prompts to exit without saving when nothing has been changed.

Can anyone else comment on the fact that with conventional DMR, SQ Mode of DMR is changed to P25 when SQ Code is set to search. I'm sure when I sent this data back to the scanner the first time it changed all of the conventional DMR programming to P25. Obviously I have not tested this since 2.0 has been released.

All of my other questions were answered. Thanks Gommert for continuing to provide quick updates.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
- It is normal that SQ Mode changes to P25 when SQ Code is search.

- If you cancel a "save all" you get a message because the data of that specific file is not yet saved.

- When you upload a HPD file the path/filename changes to the new HPD file in the scanner, I will change that.

Gommert
Butel Software

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
One huge issue i am having now is with saves, ok so say i have some systems saved as FL1.hpd and import a new system From RR the only way i can see is to copy and paste from unsaved to FL1.hpd,

now the problem is when i go to save FL1 it does not save completely

garys

Premium Subscriber
For those interested, Build 9 is now available. I haven't had a chance to test it.

garys

Premium Subscriber
If you save a file, then try to exit, you still get the file not saved message no matter how many times you have saved.

Still looking at other issues.

saving files seems to be an issue, but overall this update is pretty good

racingfan360

If you save a file, then try to exit, you still get the file not saved message no matter how many times you have saved.

Same here:
- If I open a system, make no changes, then go to File> Close All it exits without any warning - fine.
- If I open a system, make a change, and do not save - the warning message "Warning this will delete all Systems if not saved, data is lost! Continue?" - again fine.
- But, if I open a system, make a change, and then Save it, I still get the above warning message. I don't understand why that is. I assume garys gets the same error.
- In addition, each save still generates a .hpi file with the same filename as the system just saved into the same directory.

I'm also now using Build 9 btw.

martint1172

Premium Subscriber
I LOST SYSTEM when i open HPD files?!

And what's the "Unsaved System"? Don't need it ...

Last edited by a moderator:

racingfan360

I need more specific details about the save issue.
Gommert
Butel Software

Gommert, I've also now spotted that the Add Dept function doesn't work now either. It did work on in Build 0.99. Details are:
Create a Conventional System
Create a new Dept
Click on + Add Dept (it results in a Blank Error Pop Up)
The +Add Channel, - Delete Dept functions work ok.

I'm running Build 9.

Jim

racingfan360

.....and a further bug with v2.0 to look at please (I think this one was present in v0.99):
In a Conventional System, Right click to copy an existing Dept, paste it back into the same System.
Go to the newly created Dept.
All of the editable fields at the top right of this Dept window (Department, +Add Channel, Add Dept, Delete Dept, Quick Key, Map, Paste GPS, Search) are missing.
The only way to restore these fields for editing is to save the System, Close it, then Open again.

racingfan360

.....and a further bug with v2.0 to look at please (I think this one was present in v0.99):
In a Conventional System, Right click to copy an existing Dept, paste it back into the same System.
Go to the newly created Dept.
All of the editable fields at the top right of this Dept window (Department, +Add Channel, Add Dept, Delete Dept, Quick Key, Map, Paste GPS, Search) are missing.
The only way to restore these fields for editing is to save the System, Close it, then Open again.

Update: this issue occurs after 23 or more Departments have been added to a Conventional System.

garys

Premium Subscriber
There seems to be an issue with saving conventional systems. I created and then saved a system for Union County, NC conventional frequencies. I then closed it and tried to reopen it. When it opened, all of the fields were blank.

Also, when I delete a system from the browser and then try to reopen it, I get an error message telling me that the system is already open. I have to close everything and start from scratch.

Also, I can't figure out how to add systems to an existing FL. Maybe that's me, but it seems that instead of creating a new system, every time I add a system, it creates a new FL.

racingfan360

Build 10 is out now, and after initial testing it looks like the following bugs that are described above have now been fixed:

1. Warning message about saving a system upon exit, even after it has already been saved
2. Blank fields in 23rd or more Department created within a single conventional system
3. +Add Dept button now works

Thanks Gommert - good work.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
OK now build 10 is out and where is the WRITE button? In all the other builds it was next to the READ button.

martint1172

Premium Subscriber
Build 10 : Site from trunking system are alphabetical order.. If you can stay at top. Thanks

garys

Premium Subscriber
It shows up on my screen. All the way to the end of the row with icons. Next to Read.
However, I just tried to open an existing FL and nothing appeared to happen. When I tried to open it again, the software told me it was already open, but I still couldn't see it on my screen.

I tried again, and the system loads, but only the name, nothing else. No sites, no TGs, nothing. It's really annoying as this is a large system (Charlotte-Mecklenburg, and I've had to build it four time since yesterday. It takes about an hour, even with downloading most of the information from the RRDB. I have to change some Alpha Tags, move some Departments around, and so on. To then lose it multiple times because of a save glitch is really, really, annoying.

If I delete one system, all of the systems close.

There still seem to be significant problems with saving and then reopening systems and favorites lists.

OK now build 10 is out and where is the WRITE button? In all the other builds it was next to the READ button.

Last edited:

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
Well, reading all this I regret automatically updating to the new version. My usual adage of "if it's not broken, don't fix it" normally applies, but I slipped up this time. I have some work to do with my data, but I'm not even prepared to read the radio right now.

Is there an archive of previous versions i.e. pre-V2.0 around somewhere I can roll back to?

Status
Not open for further replies.