AR-DV10 very serious hardware issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0ne

cOne: FYU, my applications have only one target: "to help the new owner to use easily his radio". Coding is just having fun. So if you have any advise to improve my codes, you are welcome. and you can contact me there you know.

FYI I get this morning a confirmation my application with COSPAS capability had been registred by the french NB. Up to know, no other application for DV1 and DV10 had been worldwide registred.

cool since your are open to suggestions, let me start with this:

imo it's retarded to expect users to add a empty crashdump file, Did you ever heard of exotic bugs and rare race conditions? those can be hard to reproduce and for that matter any clever developer makes sure his code takes care of the creation of such crashdump, create if not exists or open and append when such file exist. Or you make sure such empty file is added with the installer(it does not have). I will have a more in-depth look into your code later, once IDA is finished disassembling a 39mb single executable.

TMac20

OK guys, this is ridiculous. The man makes a free application, and gets ridiculed for it.

Here is what I suggest if anyone can help him make it better, that's great. Help him out, be nice,give your skill if you are able. If it's work as ALL of us would hope if the bugs can be worked out I would pay for the application as it would make my life easier if I buy the DV10.

We are all enthusiastic with HAM/Receiver/Comms etc. that is why we are on here. Yes, I have only just joined, but I have read the forums for 10 odd years. Let's be nice and get along. It's much more enjoyable if we can do that and teach and learn from each other.

woodpecker

OK guys, this is ridiculous. The man makes a free application, and gets ridiculed for it.

Here is what I suggest if anyone can help him make it better, that's great. Help him out, be nice,give your skill if you are able. If it's work as ALL of us would hope if the bugs can be worked out I would pay for the application as it would make my life easier if I buy the DV10.

We are all enthusiastic with HAM/Receiver/Comms etc. that is why we are on here. Yes, I have only just joined, but I have read the forums for 10 odd years. Let's be nice and get along. It's much more enjoyable if we can do that and teach and learn from each other.

No one is fooled by your silly games Frederic, if you want help post from your normal account, you definitely need help it seems...

c0ne

I think AOR should first fix the remote control implementation, without that NO software will work and will only lock-up the radio. You release software with the knowledge the radio is ready for it you caused your own problems don't you think? I'm not surprised you would get negative feedback in such case ;) I think we all can agree on the Fred.

TMac20

OK, if everyone with the DV10 can help me on this I would appreciate it. It's a $1600 odd dollar receiver in Australia so before I take the leap I want to get all the help I can get.

cOne - I have not read that issue before, so it's good to know that is an issue for you.

If you use the latest update from today and test it out, and lets start a new Thread solely dedicated to the issues from each update.

I have no idea if AOR read the forums, but I will send to the people in Australia that I am liaising with on the purchase if it helps as each test is completed. I saw they are and have done this on the Uniden forum for the SDS100 and its helping getting the bugs ironed out. Let's be pro-active, of course it's not ideal and until I make the purchase I can't help in any other way, but happy to assist where I can.

c0ne

OK, if everyone with the DV10 can help me on this I would appreciate it. It's a $1600 odd dollar receiver in Australia so before I take the leap I want to get all the help I can get.

cOne - I have not read that issue before, so it's good to know that is an issue for you.

If you use the latest update from today and test it out, and lets start a new Thread solely dedicated to the issues from each update.

I have no idea if AOR read the forums, but I will send to the people in Australia that I am liaising with on the purchase if it helps as each test is completed. I saw they are and have done this on the Uniden forum for the SDS100 and its helping getting the bugs ironed out. Let's be pro-active, of course it's not ideal and until I make the purchase I can't help in any other way, but happy to assist where I can.

Ok the first tests indicate that DMR decoding did not improved much. second of all, for a ausi.. whats wrong with your english? it's a bit off for a native speaker.

woodpecker

The answer is simple, don't buy until the faults are fixed but you already know this, the faults are listed here and will be updated if we can verify any have been fixed:-

https://www.aoruk.co.uk/aor-ar-dv10-faults-and-problems/

TMac20

Apologise for the typo's/grammar errors. I will wait for a few more replies then start a new thread. Thanks so far. I hope all of the mess can be sorted out by AOR. It does not serve them if it is not rectified that's certain.

c0ne

It clearly see's its DMR, it just doesn't seem to get a grip on it. So that's pretty much the same still. Both use the same antenna the only difference is one is BNC and the other one is SMA.

woodpecker

It clearly see's its DMR, it just doesn't seem to get a grip on it. So that's pretty much the same still. Both use the same antenna the only difference is one is BNC and the other one is SMA.

That's becuase the filter is locked at 15kHz still which is much wider than needed, 6kHz would give a much better SNR / BER and better decode, in SDR sharp I use the filter set at 5.8kHz for optimum DMR decoding.

F5HPE

I think AOR should first fix the remote control implementation, without that NO software will work and will only lock-up the radio. You release software with the knowledge the radio is ready for it you caused your own problems don't you think? I'm not surprised you would get negative feedback in such case ;) I think we all can agree on the Fred.

The troubles experienced by Woodpecker are generated by Woodpecker behaviour to kill my app in favor of one other.

If you are facing with trouble do not hesitate to share with me. I will make my app better.....and always free.

c0ne

The troubles experienced by Woodpecker are generated by Woodpecker behaviour to kill my app in favor of one other.

If you are facing with trouble do not hesitate to share with me. I will make my app better.....and always free.

This nonsense, you application will cause the radio to lock-up. But this is due to the faulty remote control code in the DV10. Anyone that can wrap up some serial interface code and reproduce this or using your application. You want me also to make a video with you application and the lock-up? I wont even disconnect the USB cable ill will record the hanging thread and post you where in the assembly it hangs. Why it does this is already explained.

woodpecker

Grow up Frederic and stop crying like a baby, there is no other app except yours to compare and yours is broken, fix it and stop whinging.

F5HPE

This nonsense, you application will cause the radio to lock-up. But this is due to the faulty remote control code in the DV10. Anyone that can wrap up some serial interface code and reproduce this or using your application. You want me also to make a video with you application and the lock-up? I wont even disconnect the USB cable ill will record the hanging thread and post you where in the assembly it hangs. Why it does this is already explained.

Not necessary to waste your time and energy by making a video. Just send me a email with the 5 past action you made. It would be enough to duplicate the situation.

c0ne

Not necessary to waste your time and energy by making a video. Just send me a email with the 5 past action you made. It would be enough to duplicate the situation.

I prefer the video route, since that's the same thing woodpecker did, and since you accuse him of being false, it sounds like most logical route to me. I'm not gonna e-mail with you or any of your alter ego's. The reason why i'm willing to spend this energy is because of you... food for thoughts.

c0ne

Here is another DMR compare with the Uniden, same frequency. The DV10 clearly sees its DMR just wont produce decoded audio. Not sure what AOR fixed, but i hardly notice anything regarding the DMR decoding. as before the voice/decoded audio comes from the Uniden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv4sKt6ifxE

Status
Not open for further replies.