VIPER Statewide Radio System Discussion

Nchpiboy

Premium Subscriber
North Carolina is pretty fast about getting a site up and going aren't they I will put theses in my scanner and start listening for the control channel
Good let me know when you hear a active control channel. I entered the site but I am too far away to receive I believe.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
First time I've heard Viper Statewide TG JULIET 1 used in the Wake County area, currently being used at the State Fair Grounds for "Got To Be NC" festival event.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Request for RID/UID help...

Does anyone who monitors VIPER and the radio IDs have any information on who uses the following RID/UID number ranges;

25209xx
29152xx
29153xx
29900xx

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Again, this request is going out to those who actually monitor or log RIDs and have identified the above.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
29152xx
29153xx

Associated with Fed ENC channels, TG channels 52259, 60803, 60807, 60809, 60811
Thank you, been tracking them for years and have yet to figure out actual user/agency, other than it is feds, I also knew about the 608xx talkgroups.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
52044 encrypted with Office State Fire Marshall units 2078xxx, this TG is just above the range of known OSFM TGs.

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
State of Virginia setting up a base station for M/A with North Carolina on Tg #52255 S/W Calling. Will be doing Radio Checks with North Carolina today

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
State of Virginia setting up a base station for M/A with North Carolina on Tg #52255 S/W Calling. Will be doing Radio Checks with North Carolina today
You might also check/look for activity between 595xx and 604xx which is the TG range for the State of VA.

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
Hey ok,first time i monitored this.didnt know about them because they are vhf P25.
The tests were strong and clear off the Slocomb Tower this is a first catch from Virginia.
Waiting on Sout Carolina to come on board.

Last edited:

IQ_imbalance

Premium Subscriber
Travelling through Dare County, and for some reason i'm not having much luck picking up LE/EMS traffic on VIPER. I’ve got the radio holding on the NCSHP Troop A Greenville department but I’m not hearing any activity at all. I think I’ve got a good signal (-86db)….

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Travelling through Dare County, and for some reason i'm not having much luck picking up LE/EMS traffic on VIPER. I’ve got the radio holding on the NCSHP Troop A Greenville department but I’m not hearing any activity at all. I think I’ve got a good signal (-86db)….
Dare county uses their own separate trunking system. Some LE is encrypted, but fire and EMS is in the clear. Have you heard any traffic at all on VIPER? I know last time I was over there I was hearing traffic from surrounding counties on VIPER.

IQ_imbalance

Premium Subscriber
Dare county uses their own separate trunking system. Some LE is encrypted, but fire and EMS is in the clear. Have you heard any traffic at all on VIPER? I know last time I was over there I was hearing traffic from surrounding counties on VIPER.
I was able to pick up ems on Dare’s trunk system, but not hearing anything at all on VIPER (although in other parts of NC I certainly have!). I could try to expand the range setting and see if I start hearing stuff from the surrounding area, and/or hold on the NC VIPER system itself….

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hey ok,first time i monitored this.didnt know about them because they are vhf P25.
The tests were strong and clear off the Slocomb Tower this is a first catch from Virginia.
SC is onboard with TG range of 57500 - 58499 and RID range of 54xxxxx (see wiki)

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
While I was in the outer banks in 2022 I listened to Dare EMS and Fire…..I used the info from radio reference. Programmed it into out G5 and it worked great. Did it after @murrayustud talked about it. We even buffed a call.

IQ_imbalance

Premium Subscriber
While I was in the outer banks in 2022 I listened to Dare EMS and Fire…..I used the info from radio reference. Programmed it into out G5 and it worked great. Did it after @murrayustud talked about it. We even buffed a call.
Yeah I probably should have downloaded the county info as a favorites but didn’t. I’m just using the sentinel db (updated 5/14 I think)

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Yeah I probably should have downloaded the county info as a favorites but didn’t. I’m just using the sentinel db (updated 5/14 I think)
I'll be down there this weekend, will have multiple radios and DsD, will see if anything has changed. I know when I was down after Christmas, the only LE I was getting was NCSHP A1 and specifically units for Currituck. Once summer comes into full swing, SHP traffic will pick up in Dare, but most of the time its for Currituck

ccfire

Tennessee and the tacn I think needs to aswell some mutual aid channels