Wake County P25 switch

DMSROX2

Sadly you can't just listen to wake forests' traffic. Wake Forest FD and Wake EMS are both considered "county" assets.

In terms of dispatch/alerting,
Wake Forest Fire and Wake County EMS don't have their own separate channels. For fire, you'd need to listen to WakeFD Dispatch/Alert, but that also means you'd get every other county/municipal department in Wake County like Knightdale, Garner, etc. Same for EMS, there is only one EMS alert channel and 1 main dispatch for the whole county, EMS could send any unit from anywhere to any call. Wake Forest FD and wake EMS have their own pager frequencies for station tones which aren't listed on the database, and you'd have to find yourself to hear their call pages only.

For incident traffic, you want the OPS channels and the TAC channels. These are shared across the county for all fire/ems units and not every call gets one. But if you hear the Fire/EMS alert for a Wake Forest call, it will tell you what channel that incident will be on. Multi-Agency Calls (Med calls with fire units, Structure Fires, any larger incident) will be on PS TAC channels (13-39 in wake county). Fire only calls (Fire alarms, gas leaks, etc.) will be on FD OPS channels (1-12).

Hope this helps, feel free to reach out for clarification.

THANKS, I was afraid of that. I was hoping a tone or something was used for Wake Forest units that I could filter by. I can receive all of the County EMS and Fire, plus TAC & OPS channels okay.

THANKS

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
I also live in Wake Forest, I use a Unication G5 Pager/Scanner. Have you been able to filter to receive just Wake Forest Fire and EMS assigned to Wake Forest? I would like to be able to do that on my radio, but think I need more information on how to do that, any suggestions?

THANKS,

KE4GYN

You will need the alerting tones for Wake Forest. You can actually buy a $300-$400.00 scanner that will decode what they are, and you can use that scanner with those codes for Wake Forest, and it will only alert for wake forest. HOWEVER, you cannot use it to scan anything else, it has to be for that frequency only,

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
I also live in Wake Forest, I use a Unication G5 Pager/Scanner. Have you been able to filter to receive just Wake Forest Fire and EMS assigned to Wake Forest? I would like to be able to do that on my radio, but think I need more information on how to do that, any suggestions?

THANKS,

KE4GYN

this is what you ned to do:

IMG_3842.jpeg

greenham

Premium Subscriber
After years w/ the BCD396XT I upgraded to the BCD436HP w/ high gain antenna. I'm in N Raleigh near 540/Leesville. I programmed per your help and a few yourTube videos. Yet total silence.

I have the Cary/Wake system in
I then added Raleigh FD
Wake Co FD
Then TAC
OPS
Dispatch channels

TOTAL SILENCE

The radio shows
System - Cary/Wake P25
Dept Raleigh Fire
Channel RFD HQ DISP
TGID:47020 (Fire Dispatch)

Did I miss something along the way

System

Attachments

• 20211104_160116_resize.jpg
    20211104_160116_resize.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20211104_160006_resize.jpg
    20211104_160006_resize.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 25

KO4RJX

Premium Subscriber
I’d take out the Cary Simulcast and see if that helps. Might be locked onto a Cary tower verse a Wake County one. Just a thought.

greenham

Premium Subscriber
I’d take out the Cary Simulcast and see if that helps. Might be locked onto a Cary tower verse a Wake County one. Just a thought.

Thank you for the idea. I just tried that... So far no change

Are there others that use the Bearcat BCD436HP and are having success?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the idea. I just tried that... So far no change

Do you have JUST site two programmed in? That is the only site the TGs are used on.

You show us 47020 but that isn't the main dispatch, are you hearing anything on the alert channels? anything on other talkgroups?

greenham

Premium Subscriber
Do you have JUST site two programmed in? That is the only site the TGs are used on.

You show us 47020 but that isn't the main dispatch, are you hearing anything on the alert channels? anything on other talkgroups?

I had BOTH the Cary site and the Wake county sites programmed in. I have since removed the Cary site (Simulcast) as recommended, above, and I am starting to hear very garbled transmissions

This picture is the TG ID I have from the Sentinal software. I hear nothing on FD Alert

Attachments

• 20211104_184157_resize.jpg
    20211104_184157_resize.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20211104_184258_resize.jpg
    20211104_184258_resize.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20211104_184010_resize.jpg
    20211104_184010_resize.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 13

shoegazer

I had BOTH the Cary site and the Wake county sites programmed in. I have since removed the Cary site (Simulcast) as recommended, above, and I am starting to hear very garbled transmissions

This picture is the TG ID I have from the Sentinal software. I hear nothing on FD Alert

The garbling may be the simulcast distortion that seems to plague the older scanners.

But I'm pretty much listening to the same stuff as you are.. When I'm scanning (SDS100); there's nothing in the middle display where yours displays 'wake county simulcast'. There's only info displayed when something is being received (RPD, Wake EMS, etc).

Just guessing... but you may have the actual *system* ID included in the scan list or something similar.

I'm happy to share my current working Sentinel file and you could compare settings.

N1GMV

Maybe I missed this, but since the talk groups don't overlap should I combine the Trunk System Sumulcast of Cary/Wake into with the Wake County simulcast ?

greenham

Premium Subscriber
The garbling may be the simulcast distortion that seems to plague the older scanners.

But I'm pretty much listening to the same stuff as you are.. When I'm scanning (SDS100); there's nothing in the middle display where yours displays 'wake county simulcast'. There's only info displayed when something is being received (RPD, Wake EMS, etc).

Just guessing... but you may have the actual *system* ID included in the scan list or something similar.

I'm happy to share my current working Sentinel file and you could compare settings.

I would gladly accept your kind offer of letting me try your file... That may definitively rule out programming (AKA user error)

Greenham09 at G m a i l dot com
Greenham09@gmail.com

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone listening to law enforcement on the new system heard CCBI yet? I have not heard them and can't find the TG for them. Did hear WC7 but not on a designated TG.

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone listening to law enforcement on the new system heard CCBI yet? I have not heard them and can't find the TG for them. Did hear WC7 but not on a designated TG.

The TG's in the database didn't work?

DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
33712 83b DCCBI 1CCBI Channel 1 Law Talk
33728 83c DCCBI 2CCBI Channel 2 Law Talk
33744 83d DCCBI 3CCBI Channel 3 Law Talk
33760 83e DCCBI 4CCBI Channel 4 Law Talk
36464 8e7 DCCBI EMERGENCCBI Emergency

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
Those are from the old system no longer being used, not the new P25 system Wake moved to last week.

Sorry, I thought everything was updated in the Database. My radio hasn't been updated yet so I don't have the new TG's yet.

N1GMV

Anyone know if I should I lock out Wake County Motorola trunks, remove that trunk system altogether, or will it remain as a backup system?

N1GMV

Just heard them on 020 this morning, 021 squaking just fine as well