Westcom P25 system information thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

timo123451

Premium Subscriber
If it's going to be patched into the analog system, will I be missing any channels if I just use my analog scanner for the next year or so?

It would be nice to be able to wait a little bit and purchase a digital scanner when more options are available.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
The Westcom live audio stream has been migrated to the P25 system. Should notice a much cleaner sounding audio and a few new channels.

Thanks

Ryan8429

Question????? a little help is needed. I trying to program my uniden BCD996XT scanner for westcoms new P25 system and its not working. Im putting in the 854-859-9625 freq in and the group Id's i get them in the scanner it scans just fine but won't pick up anything. I know there's talking going cause the scanner next to me is talking. I'm pretty much stumped right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using the latest scancat software to program the scanner.

k6cam

Premium Subscriber
Which radio are you using to monitor out of curiosity?

My Harris P7300 tracks it great but my M/P7100's don't care for Motorola's style of patching at all, causing it to jump around between the patched groups. If you park it on one it is fine.

Depending on how fast they move off the analog system I will probably migrate the live feed over to the new one, just need to come up with a method of getting the radio to track the groups when they patch.

Hey Adam, sorry if this is a n00b question but now that Waukee is on Project 25 I just did a DB download to bcd436hp and it's not showing up. Any idea how to get Waukee in my Westcom Project 25 list? I see it on the website, but it looks like it might not be in the database yet, and I don't know how to manually add talkgroup 707 - found that here: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7867

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Thats a good question there, I'm not sure how long it takes for them to sync the two.

Waukee talkgroups are:
707 - Law Chat
711 - Fire1 (was patched to dispatch)
713 - Fire 2 (chat)
731 - Public Works

As you can see most are unidentified. These were confirmed active by observing a radio affiliating but I have been unable to personally watch them for activity.

N0ZJT

Database Admin
Radioman96p71-I've added 707, 711, 713, and 731 to the database. As you confirm more usage, let us know so it can be added to the database.

k6cam-as far as the updates to the software database, if you are using Sentinel, I think that updates once a week. You will want to have the software check for updates:
Open Sentinel, at the drop down menu item Update, use Update Master HPDB. Let the software work, then when finished, write to your scanner from the Scanner drop down.

If you are using Butel software, that pulls directly from the RR database, so the new talkgroups already show there.

k6cam

Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to thank both of you for your responses. I am using Sentinel and noticed the Waukee talkgroups weren't updating. I then used Butel to manually add a favorites group and pull the data from RR and that worked. I'll be patient and wait another week for the master sync through Sentinel.

Thank you for the additional talk groups! I'll get those added to my scanner and see if anything pops up. Just a note on Waukee TGID 707, I'm not hearing anything at all on that one. I am, however, hearing some Waukee dispatch on talkgroup 16 West Des Moines Old Police Channel 1.

I'm assuming you have a way to scan talkgroups on a particular system, but I still have to "get to know" my new BCD436HP and figure that out. Thanks again for the new TGID's and pointers! We had our Public Safety Day yesterday, and I made a little video : https://vimeo.com/135427491

-Cameron
K6CAM

Status
Not open for further replies.