a727469

Many years ago It used to be PD and FD only for me, but then I learned there is a world out there and a lot is still available with the right equipment. It seems when one thing either goes away or changes(short wave, encryption, digital) something else comes out to replace or improve..little did we think 10 years ago we would be able to track planes and even ships online.
As far as a ham license, not necessary although I have had mine for years and by working on various classes of licenses it does increase your basic electronics knowledge and exercises your mind:) and it used to be in some states you could not legally have a scanner in your car unless you had a ham or other type of radio license(I think NY was one).

citygirlleosprtr

Chloe Nicole💙❤🤍💛🇺🇸🇬🇧
@ecps92 YES, that's it!! Thanks mate!

Thank you all for all of your replies and I will try the suggestions you all have offered me.

I am no longer replying to each comment as to not cause too many notifications. I also cannot React. I don't see the link in here to do so any longer.

Staff: Thank you all for the forum move.

You all be safe! Cheers!

BinaryMode

For a change of pace, I am sure you know Listen to Live ATC (Air Traffic Control) Communications | LiveATC.net. But also use Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24. You can see and hear the flight at the same time…combine those with youtube and search for “plane spotting live” and when available you can actually see the action LAFlights is a good one.

I used to listen to KLAS tower and watch Janet on everyone's favorite adsbexchange. Was cool I guess.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
I have an old Radio Shack Pro 197 that I listen to the police calls in my county on while at home. On the road I have a Stryker 94hpc for CB but that's not a lot more than DXing going on there.

a727469

I listen to everything in Lower Westchester County, NY both analog and digital, citygirl.
Hope you have a great Memorial Day holiday weekend.

Bob (KB2GQK)
Bob, just looking through old messages and saw you were in Eastchester…I was raised mostly in Westchester, Mt Kisco, Katonah, North Tarrytown and Dobbs Ferry. We moved a lot! I do remember driving over Ardsley rd to Central Park Ave from Dobbs Ferry and visiting an old Lafayette radio store and in the same area there was something like a night club that we would go to on the weekends..not sure why I remember that! Anyway was looking at google street view and that area has really changed although it is still commercial…also did a bit of time in the 70s in the Mt Kisco fd, on 46.26 mhz. Anyway just wanted to touch base and say hello…have a great Memorial day!
Bob