WIN500 Questions. Findings Dup Freq's & BackLight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

Just getting going with this again.

a. Is there any way to select a column of frequencies, e.g., and ask it to highlight or designate which are Duplicates ?

b. From WIN500, is it possible to program the Scanner to always have its Backlight/Screen ON ?
I always use AC, not batteries, so no problem with power drain.

Or, does it have to be done from the Scanner itself ?

Backlight seems to be On for some Folders I Load, like my MAIN one, but not on for some of the V Folders.

Thanks,
Bob

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Just getting going with this again.

a. Is there any way to select a column of frequencies, e.g., and ask it to highlight or designate which are Duplicates ?
The Find Duplicate Frequencies option is under the "Search" drop-down menu. Just go to the "Conventional Objects" or "All Objects" tab then use that option. That will generate a pop-up window showing the dupes.

b. From WIN500, is it possible to program the Scanner to always have its Backlight/Screen ON ?
I always use AC, not batteries, so no problem with power drain.

Or, does it have to be done from the Scanner itself ?

Backlight seems to be On for some Folders I Load, like my MAIN one, but not on for some of the V Folders.
That's on the General Settings tab, under the heading "Alert, Sound, Light, Display Settings (just to the left of the block where you can tweak the LED colors). The setting you want is under "Light Mode". Normal is going to be based on however you set it 'per object'. If you set it to "On", the backlight will be on all the time.

BOBRR

From OP:

Hi,

Just a quick thanks for info.

Can't imagine how I ever missed the Search Tab.
Will blame it on old age now.

Thanks for help,
Bob

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Just a quick thanks for info.

Can't imagine how I ever missed the Search Tab.
Will blame it on old age now.

Thanks for help,
Bob

If you are using the "search" function in Win500, make sure you don't delete the ones that have specific tones. I have made this mistake on more than one occasion by not paying attention to the duplicates with associated tones. For instance, I have accidentally deleted frequencies like 155.475. Typically, I leave a frequency like this with an auto search function for squelch & mode.

I don't know if you've observed the following links, but this has helped me out on several occasions. In the first hyperlink, you can see how others have programmed their radios using Win500. In the second hyperlink, you can use this for a good reference for making adjustments to your radio, etc. It is a great source of information.

WIN500 - UtahRadio

Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

hpycmpr

Regarding the dupe check with tones, refer to the General Settings tab under Miscellaneous Settings in the lower right part of the page and check "Dupe check includes CTCSS/DCS/NAC". Should help out those inadvertent deletions.

Steve

BOBRR

From OP: Thanks For Links

Hi Guys,

Great Links.

Will be a truly terrific help and aid for me, without a doubt.

Thanks so much.

Best regards,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.