• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

WPLN4219 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

daugherh

Hi all. I have a WPLN4219 6 bay Impress gang charger. I currently have 4 XPR series radios that I charge in it regularly. I also have a CP200D and a couple HT1250s. I found the Impress battery for the HT1250 (HNN4003BR) and was wondering if it would charge successfully in the WPLN4219 gang charger rather than having two single chargers on the shelf beside the gang unit with 2 unused slots. The back of the HT battery looks identical to the XPRs.

In some places I see this about the WPLN4219: "The user can use this charger to charge up to six IMPRES or non-IMPRES batteries to allow the radios to be operatable when working. The WPLN4219A can be used to recondition and optimize any IMPRES battery. This allows the batteries to perform their best whenever they are used."

That says ANY Impres battery. Other places I've seen says it only works with XPR series.

Can anyone confirm or deny if my HT will charge with my XPRs in the gang unit? Thanks for your help and expertise!!

K2NEC

No it will NOT work. The Waris batteries are wider than the XPR batteries.

I was worried I would have the same problem so I bought a WPLN4121BR and the XPR and Waris adapter cups. Please also know that the XPR adapter cups only work on Generation 2 radios they will not work with the Gen 1 XPR radios but it doesn't look like you have any of those anyway.

daugherh

Thank you @K2NEC. Looks like I'll not be buying the impres batteries for the HTs then. Wish I would've thought about that before getting the 4219 charger and I would've done like you did.

daugherh

@K2NEC , actually considering scooping up a WPLN4121BR. Any chances you can provide the p/n for the XPR and Waris cups? I googled them but couldn't find the items in question. That would help out a lot.

daugherh

@K2NEC I'll probably either sell it or find someone willing to trade a wpln4121br (doubtful I'll get that lucky). Trading would be great since I'll have to buy the adapters for the 4121.

Status
Not open for further replies.