• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 2500 codeplug error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmwph5

I just bought an XTS 2500 Model III (UHF) Model H46SDH9PW7AN.
This radio has the Q52/Q53 Front Panel Programming enhancement.
Firmware = R09.00.03

After reading the codeplug in CPS R.16.00.00 it loads with 240 Conventional Personalities, none of which can be deleted (option grayed out). I'm also unable to modify zone channel assignments. Any idea why?

Also - I cannot save the codeplug because there is an error in a few Conventional Personalities ("Field Rx Voice/Signal Type can not be fit as per the layout"). Again, settings can be changed, but the changes don't stick.

Does anyone have a codeplug I can use to overwrite the existing one?

Will I lose FPP by upgrading this to R16?

Thanks for your input.See below for error.
Untitled-1.jpg

Astro25

Try using R9 CPS. You generally don't want to go above that with radios configured such as yours. (else it goofs up FPP)

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
if memory serves me correct. I read somewhere that those cant be deleted because they are there for the FPP option.

jdmwph5

That's working for two out of the three - it appears my UHF radio has got r.14 on it... any advice? all i have is r.09 and r.16 CPS

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
If it been read with 14 you are screwed. Cant go back verisons with codeplug.

Also for the field thats red just go into table view and select the value and tell it to copy it downward.

Frank

bezking

I'm fairly sure that as long as it hasn't been written to with 14 it should be OK to go back and read with 9...

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I assumed by his post that he had used r14 to read / write it

Frank

bezking

Yeah, it's kind of unclear. Just trying to give the OP some hope, which is kind of hard to come by when dealing with /\/\ ;)

gary123

actually you can go back, BUT you will need a copy of the codeplug from v9.00.00. and then you need to run v9.00.00 CPS

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
If it been read with 14 you are screwed. Cant go back verisons with codeplug.

Also for the field thats red just go into table view and select the value and tell it to copy it downward.

Frank

Hold on there, if he has Q52 AND Q53, he should not lose FPP for using R16 which is the current version of Astro 25 CPS.

He may have a 4MEG platform A radio which are limited to HOST 9, he may want to post the specific Flashcode of his radio. I've had no problems reading/writing with V16 CPS to two platform A XTS2500's which both have HOST 9 and now DSP 16 F/W and both have Q52/Q53 and did not lose FPP in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.