MPSCS Sites/Talkgroups 2013 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
This will be the discussion thread for all things relating to the MPSCS TRS in 2013.

MPSCS Wiki:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Michigan_Public_Safety_Communications_System_(MPSCS)

Database: Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS)
Michigan's Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Year 2012 older threads Pages51-61: http://forums.radioreference.com/mi...um/44279-mpscs-discussion-2012-closed-51.html

73's

Ron

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Woot ! First one of the year!

Ok I actually heard this yesterday late afternoon but it was new years most of the world already and the other thread is closed.

2522 Radio ID 255xxxx off the Genesee tower, dont recall what was said I was busy driving. Falls in line with Genesee county police usage with others in DB.
I know its in the old MPSCS thread but I did hear it yesterday, all I know.

BTW I did update the MPSCS wiki to point to this thread than the other one.

Additionally Lapeer Radio IDs are showing 944xxxx and 911 as 200xxxxx

Last edited:

Thunderbolt

I noticed that RID 2254640 was on UNID TG: 2433 this afternoon, then switched over to 25F911. This was off the Northville tower. More than likely, this is a fire portable but the talkgroup is UNID at this time.

73's

Ron

Thunderbolt

Canton Police are testing their new radios out on TG: 12206. So far, all radio traffic has been encrypted. This is not a good sign.

73's

Ron

bauta106

Premium Subscriber
Encrypted traffic might be Law enforcements answer to online feeds. Listening to these feeds got me back into scanner listening. Seems we might have shot ourselves in the foot!

szron

By the looks of it if Western Wayne MA system will be transformed into another MPSCS site it will be encrypted too...

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Although I 100% fully agree with the last two messages fully, please we need to stay on topic for this message thread thanks!

PMSCAN

Premium Subscriber
Tg 1250

TG 1250
Radio IDs: 341XXXX ; 341XXXX

One encrypted one clear.

"Let us know when Tim leaves and we will head that way"

MSP ESU West MI ????????

Thunderbolt

According to information received, the frequency of 774.83125 MHz, is now being used at the Romeo site. This will be the first of many sites that will be adding 700 MHz frequencies to the system throughout the next year. The most likely areas to use the new band will be Zones 1, 2, and 3.

73's

Ron

mikey60

It's just a voice channel. As long as you have the control channel in the radio, it's no different than how the scanner tracks to an 800 MHz voice channel. The only scanners that won't work with this one are the PRO-96/2096.

Mike

szron

I'm talking about radios not scanners.

Only APXs are dual band capable. What if a state trooper with a 800 radio goes all the way up there?

n8zcc

The system won't assign a 700 MHz channel unless all radios on that talkgroup on that site indicate they are 700MHz capable when they affiliate.

Mike

That explains why I only see Lapeer county talk groups assigned to 774.83125 off the Romeo tower.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Sorry if this sounds silly.

How will a 800 radio roam to those sites?

To expand on mikey's answer; One of the features of the upgrade to ASTRO 7.11 standard is to allow the system to utilize 700 Mhz frequencies. I think I remember reading that there would be about a dozen or so sites that would do this eventually, but the Lakeville site is the first one. Those sites would be able to distinguish those radios that were able to utilize 700 Mhz from those that are 800 Mhz only.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
This is a strange one... MPSCS 1810 - Dispatch telling Ovid Fire & Owosso Fire that Scene 2 and Tac 2 (Clinton Co) have been patched for their response. I then heard them on CC Tac 2 as well as on 1810 with UID 1199987 (Ovid Fire) and 1783184 (Owosso)

fnnm1062

longtime member
Macomb County, Macomb Twp FD I am hearing trafgic on TG 12527. The db says its fireground 3, but I am hearing dispatch traffic on it as of todays date and current time

Status
Not open for further replies.