2/6/18 - EZ Scan Update - EOF Error fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb4rec

Updated to latest version as recommended on Win10 machine
The <add> buttons for conventional freqs and talkgroups are no longer there. Tried changing screen resolution and rebooted, but still no add buttons.

Joe

kb4rec

Updated to latest version as recommended on Win10 machine
The <new> <delete><add wilcard> <clipboard> <import> etc. buttons for conventional freqs and talkgroups are no longer there. Tried changing screen resolution and rebooted, but still no buttons.
I NEED MY BUTTONS BACK

Joe

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Ezscan ha.

@Kbrrec? are they even turned ON (enabled) in advanced TAB at the top of EZscan?

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I have the same issue with missing buttons and weird scaling of text, I was able to get the buttons back after I right-click, select run TRX-1.exe in 640 x 480 screen resolution, but by no means this is a permanent fix.

garysvan

in the new ws1080 version of ez scan I have the same issue with missing buttons and weird scaling of text. i cannot get the buttons on the right side of the screen to show up no matter what resolution i run it in its still messed up. i am using windows 8.1-64bit. it worked fine before this update.

Last edited:

allend

Premium Subscriber
Updated two computers running Windows 10 with no issues. Un-installed the old versions first and then did a new clean install.

Hopefully some more firmware updates soon or some new cool stuff this year.

k2hz

Database Admin
Someone else recently reported that Norton was flagging it as a trojan virus on their machine...not sure what's going on. Since you know it's from Whistler just turn off Avast while you install and then turn it back on...

Wendy - can you make sure the devs know about this and see if they can figure out what's tripping these AV programs?

As I posted yesterday, Avast allowed the program to install but not run after installation even after I indicated it was from a trusted source. I had to disable Avast each time I ran the program.

After Avast update this morning it acknowledged my report and now shows the file is "clean" and it runs OK.

KE0BTJ

Premium Subscriber
Please stop with screen resolutions---Thats not the issue

Screen Resolution IS NOT The issue. Please stop with the resolution stuff. The previous version works fine on the SAME resolution that people are trying to use with the new version. IT'S a SOFTWARE issue........ Why would you have to adjust your computer screen resolution for some software but not other software?
Do you have to do that with any other software on your system?
It's the software, NOT the resolution settings, period.

Last edited:

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Don't they test this stuff before they release it ? Apparently not.

Since several have reported the update worked perfectly and they've had no issues, I would say that they do test it and had no issues on their tests, either. Sure, it's still frustrating that some are having issues but it seems the claim that "they don't test this stuff" always comes up (regardless of what we're talking about) and that just isn't true.

It is odd that some have the issues and others are not - what I want to know is what is the difference in system build between the two and what similarities exist among those who are experiencing the issue. Could it be that machines with a particular graphics engine** are having the issue and all others are fine? I don't know. Something else? I don't know. That is what would be interesting to find out, though.

**Not meaning resolution

dmaria

Windows 10 Pro just flagged the TRX-2 software as containing a virus. It promptly shut it down and quarantined it. I was able to set an exception in Bit Defender and re-install, but this isn't the first time for Whistler software. I don't know what they use for a compiler, but it makes me very uncomfortable.

APX7500X2

Thanks for all the input, I changed screen resolution and it works fine now

Weird that it was just a resolution issue

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
I just tried updating the PC software and got the following message:

"Error connecting with SSL.
EOF was observed that violates the protocol"

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks!
-Johnnie

dmaria

Thanks!
-Johnnie

It means that you need to download the latest update directly from the Whistler website. The older versions will no longer work.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber

Thanks!
-Johnnie
Go to whistlergroup.com and download the latest ezscan as it fixes this error for many.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Go to whistlergroup.com and download the latest ezscan as it fixes this error for many.

Thanks!

Should I first uninstall the current version of EZ Scan on my computer?

If I do that, I suspect it means I'll then have to download the stored contents of my TRX-1. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.