Again with formatting!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Why in God's name do I have to keep formatting the damned card in my 436 everytime I connect it?!?!? I have asked this several times, and I would really like to know what the hell this is. This is truly a great scanner, other than that. Am I doing somthing wrong? I connect the scanner, hit mass storage, Parallells connects the scanner to Windows 7, device icon in the bar says BCD436, underneath removeable disk E, BUT, the computer says I MUST format the drive. WHY?!?!? Is this a bug with Windows, or is it the scanner. It happens on my Mac Mini, my Macbook, and on a Windows 7 Toshiba.

PLEASE someone help.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Used to happen to me all the time with my PSR-800 (also windows 7). Never figured out the cause. It stopped when I replaced the original SD card with an 8 gig. I just figured it was the card the scanner came with.

I don't know if this is the cause of your issue, but may be worth a shot to try a new card.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Believe it or not, it's happened to four cards. My head hurts from trying to figure this out LOL

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
I have tried posting about this a few times, I have the same issues with my 436hp and my HP1.

UPMan, help us!

dmaria

Why in God's name do I have to keep formatting the damned card in my 436 everytime I connect it?!?!? I have asked this several times, and I would really like to know what the hell this is. This is truly a great scanner, other than that. Am I doing somthing wrong? I connect the scanner, hit mass storage, Parallells connects the scanner to Windows 7, device icon in the bar says BCD436, underneath removeable disk E, BUT, the computer says I MUST format the drive. WHY?!?!? Is this a bug with Windows, or is it the scanner. It happens on my Mac Mini, my Macbook, and on a Windows 7 Toshiba.

PLEASE someone help.

Works fine on my iMac and the Macbook Pro using Fusion 5 and Windows 7 Pro 64bit. My previous computer ( also a Windows 7 Pro 64bit ) was not able to read or write any SD cards no matter what device I used to read them. I think the Nero software messed up the drivers. After that, it only saw the cards as a removable drive. Windows works better running on my Mac than it ever did on a PC ( imagine the irony ).

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Works fine on my iMac and the Macbook Pro using Fusion 5 and Windows 7 Pro 64bit. My previous computer ( also a Windows 7 Pro 64bit ) was not able to read or write any SD cards no matter what device I used to read them. I think the Nero software messed up the drivers. After that, it only saw the cards as a removable drive. Windows works better running on my Mac than it ever did on a PC ( imagine the irony ).

You know, I had a problem with a usb drive once. It ended up that the Nero burning software was the cause.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator

PLEASE someone help.

I know this doesn't help you any, but I'm not having any issue like that using Win7.

Salvation

I am thinking its a Paralells issue.. I have the same issue but when using the same thing in boot camp I have no issues..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
AGAIN WITH FORMATTING!!!!!

Salvation I would agree but the Toshiba does the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
AGAIN WITH FORMATTING!!!!!

Three different cables. Frustrating because as I said this radio is the cat's a**

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
I am thinking its a Paralells issue.. I have the same issue but when using the same thing in boot camp I have no issues..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Isn't Paralells for Mac Pc's? If so this just might be the reason you are getting a conflict.

I am running widows 7 64 bit on a 17" Asus laptop.

The only issue I have is when using third party software. I have to restart my 436 before plugging into the PC and third party software. This is known and has been addressed by UPman.

Maybe you have something not set right with your program.

Salvation

I have no issues reading the microSD in an SD card reader built into my iMac using Parallels but Sentinel is not able to read it. I have to change my Sentinel directory for it to read it. The "Read from Scanner" will not be able to find the card or directory. If I plug the scanner in using the supplied USB cable, the microSD will be corrupt immediately.. I will try a different cable to see if it works..

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I am bumping this in the hopes UPMan will give me a moment and help me figure this out. Paul, I'm begging ya! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Do you have any other computers available, such as a work computer you can try connecting the scanner on to see if it's working? There's so many variables at play here: varying USB Cables, different computers, different cards, etc. We need to eliminate as many as we can to get to the root cause.

If you can connect it to your work computer and Windows can "see" the scanner then it's not the scanner or the cable - it's something in common with your computers at home. If it can't, then either the scanner, the memory card or the cable is to blame. Let's try this and see if we can start narrowing things down.

-AZ

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Kosher. I tried on two Macs running Parallels and a Toshiba running Windows 7. The OS on the Macs are also Win 7. Used the Uniden cable, then tried another USB cable. Same thing. Now here it is. I format the card. Clear user data and reload. Disconnect. Now later if I want to change something once again format and clear. It is getting old. Sometimes I can only format with a reader. I had this with the 536 as well. I even tried switching from USB 3 to USB 2. No joy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
5 cards and two scanners. That (to me at least) does not sound like the cards or scanners are to blame. Let's see the error message that comes up when you say " the computer says I MUST format the drive". I really suspect something in common with the computers is causing this.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.