• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennisondenatalie

Premium Subscriber
I have some questions regarding a new purchase of a used APX7000 UHF R2/7-800 FPP.

I purchased the radio to start learning the CPS for that particular radio, and plan on using it for mostly ham stuff, as well as listening to a few local fire departments.
Thus far, I've done all the programming myself. The radio came with a codeplug and I have reason to believe there is something wrong with that codeplug. I've tried finding a way to get a new, clean codeplug for it, but I'm not sure how to.

So instead, I'll just get started with the questions that I have.
The biggest thing - MDC. I can't get the radio to transmit my MDC when I TX on all UHF frequencies. I have the number I want to use put into the MDC code box, but it doesn't seem to want to work.
Next - Scan. Even though I added SCAN and SCNL to my display items, it still does not show up. I cannot figure out how to get this damn thing to scan! I've built a scanlist on CPS too, to no result of being able to scan. When I go to add "SCAN" to the top button, it comes up in red and does not allow me to add it to the radio.
(NOTE: There are also other functions I've added to the on-screen menu, that are just not showing up on the radio. It's very confusing and mildly frustrating)

The next few things are things I've seen on other radios (specifically my friends APX6000XE and XPR7550) - Night/Day mode on APX? Does that exist and how can I enable it and assign it to a button? I thought it would be the 'Light/Flip' button but I was wrong. That is indeed a handy button though. And on my friends APX6000XE, he had an RSSI readout below his channel name. I was wondering if there was a way to enable that on my 7000.

I believe that's all I've got for now. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

If anyone wants me to forward my codeplug so you can tell me whats wrong with that, I don't have an issue with that but I'm not sure if it goes against forum rules or something.

I am NOT currently running any P25 stuff. But I plan to within the next few weeks. The radio I got doesn't have tags though, so not sure how far I'll get with that. Sending it out to my county to have it programmed.

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
What firmware is in the radio? You can send me the code plug and I'll take a look.

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Next - Scan. Even though I added SCAN and SCNL to my display items, it still does not show up. I cannot figure out how to get this damn thing to scan! I've built a scanlist on CPS too, to no result of being able to scan. When I go to add "SCAN" to the top button, it comes up in red and does not allow me to add it to the radio.

Make sure you are putting the menu items under the appropriate mode (conventional vs trunked).

Make sure that the applicable Personality has a Scan List Selection. Also determine if Automatic Scan is appropriate or not (check or uncheck the box).

For MDC, make sure the personality is Non-Astro and the appropriate Non-Astro Signaling options are selected.

dennisondenatalie

Premium Subscriber
Make sure that the applicable Personality has a Scan List Selection. Also determine if Automatic Scan is appropriate or not (check or uncheck the box).

Where would I go about finding this? I have the scan list already created under that menu.

APX6k

Premium Subscriber
Regarding the scan issue, one thing to note which took me awhile to figure out, you cannot assign “scan” to both a menu soft key and and a side button or top toggle/concentric switch. It’s either/or. If you have it set to display in the menu, you won’t be able to select it from the drop down in the button assignment screen.

cpg178

You can view RSSI by enabling it on the personality screen. However it only works when you are not in scan mode.

NVAGVUP

Feed Provider
You can view RSSI by enabling it on the personality screen. However it only works when you are not in scan mode.
Also needs to be a certain version of firmware or newer. (17.01.01 is close to when that was added) Look at notes file (which is part of CPS download) Feature changes are identified in those notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.