Not open for further replies.

gstrugs

Feed Provider
Sent in request for my BCD536HP on 12/16. Still no email. Ref #5906

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

lamarrsy

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks Paul,

... I had the feeling you did something because this email, at this time, had to be more than just a coincidence ;-)

Thanks again.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
GStrugs: Looks like we are up to about requests from 12/1. We don't want to get so many in at once that they'd just sit in a box waiting for a tech. Just keep using it, until then.

Hulca

Sent my 436 to Uniden last week. UPS says it will arrive sometime next week.

Hope to have clock, lights and dust fixed! Fi gers crossed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
Getting a new 536HP!

Hello, I'm getting a new 536HP tomorrow! Looking forward to it! I currently have an HP-1 and PSR-800. I understand the 536HP will more than likely not have the headphone jack issue as that was first run models, but it may have the RTC and dim LED issues. Has a serial number been established yet where as the updates/fixes have been done? I would think it has, but can't seem to find anything by searching. It's not a real big deal but it would be great to know. I don't have a problem sending it in for repair or returning it to the place of purchase in the allotted time frame.

Thanks,

rcool101

Feed Provider
Hello, I'm getting a new 536HP tomorrow! I understand the 536HP will more than likely not have the headphone jack issue as that was first run models, but it may have the RTC and dim LED issues. Has a serial number been established yet where as the updates/fixes have been done? I would think it has, but can't seem to find anything by searching. It's not a real big deal but it would be great to know.
Me too....I'm surprised someone hasn't done a poll on repair campaign and serial #s....3800, 4800, 5800....I have a 4800 and I'm dim...Uh.... You know what I mean...:roll:...What # did you get?..... First 4 #s after 375Z

emt_531

Sent my request in on 12/5; Reference #5854. According to Upmans last post, they are up to 12/1 so I imagine it will only be a few days. Can you confirm this Upman? Thanks for you help in advance.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
Me too....I'm surprised someone hasn't done a poll on repair campaign and serial #s....3800, 4800, 5800....I have a 4800 and I'm dim...Uh.... You know what I mean...:roll:...What # did you get?..... First 4 #s after 375Z

I'll know my serial number later today when its delivered. If its not a 5800 I have to decide if I should send it back or send it to Uniden. The 5800's may not even have the updates, just speculation and rumors at this point. I wish we knew a serial number cutoff to confirm sending it for repair?
I wonder if anyone has sent a 5800 in for repair?

Last edited:

ezdropper

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering what's the average turn around time on getting the 436's repaired? Mine were received on 12/23.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Sent my request in on 12/5; Reference #5854. According to Upmans last post, they are up to 12/1 so I imagine it will only be a few days. Can you confirm this Upman? Thanks for you help in advance.

I can only really make educated guesses as to when the email will go out for a particular unit (our repair group is managing that process). With the holiday-shortened weeks, I'm sure that they scheduled fewer units to come in. We'll be back on a full schedule starting next week, so things should speed back up.

emt_531

I can only really make educated guesses as to when the email will go out for a particular unit (our repair group is managing that process). With the holiday-shortened weeks, I'm sure that they scheduled fewer units to come in. We'll be back on a full schedule starting next week, so things should speed back up.

Thank you for your response. I anticipate sending this unit back soon.

Voyager

Just got my 436 Saturday and was wondering are all of the 436 recalled or just older ones, how can I find out if mine is on the recall list. Thanks

First, read this thread from the beginning. It will explain if you have any issues and if so what to do.

There is no "recall list" - just determine if you have any issues or not.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Well this is odd. I got my 436 back about 10 minutes ago. That's not the odd part, I'll get to that in a minute. It works fine. I put an SD card and batteries in, started it up, set the clock and it's scanning just find. The display seems a bit dim, but I think that's me. I'm very happy and will be buying the Pro Voice option.

The odd part is that my 536HP is still out there somewhere. The tracking number provided by Uniden is different than the UPS tracking number on the box the 436 came back in. The shipment details for the UPS provided number say that there were two packages in the shipment. That makes sense, but I just hope that the other box shows up tomorrow.

Has anyone else had their scanners shipped back separately?

Checked with UPS, the 536 will be at my house tomorrow.

Last edited:

Voyager

I've read that several people had their 436/536 shipped back separately. They likely got separated enroute.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
I'll know my serial number later today when its delivered. If its not a 5800 I have to decide if I should send it back or send it to Uniden. The 5800's may not even have the updates, just speculation and rumors at this point. I wish we knew a serial number cutoff to confirm sending it for repair?
I wonder if anyone has sent a 5800 in for repair?

Well, I got it and sent it back. I'm not even going to try it. I'm going to wait until I'm sure they are fixed. We need a serial number cutoff. I'm sure at some point we will get one.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Sent them together but they were returned separately. The UPS site should say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.