BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Received my BCD536HP from Uniden repair Ser# 580001xx sro# 1995911 "no parts used" ????
and I didn't get a pen or bottle opener ??
Maybe it wasn't broke?....:roll:....Did you get an invoice? And it was blank? Not even Battery Modification?

JackdAnderson

Got my 536 back today and I have it on dim and It's Great!! Got the bottle opener......really wanted a pin...LOL. Thanks Uniden Crew for fixing it up!! Customer for life!! Parts were Battery Mod and LED's

RayK

No parts used

Jack ,the invoice under the header "the following parts were replaced or actions performed during the repair
of your unit " No Parts Used. And I used bubble wrap to send the unit in and they sent it back with the
SAME bubble wrap.,I don't think they even opened the unit up ??Ray

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
RayK: From the top of your Repair Order Details:

Comment Log
[SIZE=-1]02/11/2016 THE UNIT 58000194 ALREADY HAS NEWEST MODIFICATION FROM FACTORY[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]02/12/2016 001 Units Invoiced 02/12/2016 By SC21777[/SIZE]

rcool101

Feed Provider
Uniden was smart enough to figure out that it had newest modification. But not smart enough before hand and issued a shipping label. Nice... Real Nice.. Somebody knows what the cut off S/N is....? Nobody's on the same page

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We have not been requesting the SN. We only find out what it is when we receive it. Weren't expecting units w/o the problem to be sent in (and it isn't common...).

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Have had two 536HPs back for 2 months, and 2 436HPs back for 3 weeks, after repairs for clock/screen issues. All working great. I am very pleased that Uniden addressed and repaired these issues.

rcool101

Feed Provider
I'm curious why the owner sent it back. What symptoms was it showing? How old? If you had symptoms do you still have them? I'd like to know if my fix is going to last. If you didn't have symptoms then you don't deserve a pen.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mjs438

Premium Subscriber
User most likely sent it in for repair since Uniden did not ID the serial numbers impacted. Better safe than sorry

RayK

Repair :no parts used

Thank you UP Man for that info,I received my 536 in Jan 2016 and registered it with Uniden,added to my HP1 and HP 2,so Uniden knew my name and the serial numbers.If I had known that my unit was not affected I NEVER would have sent it back to repair.and you kept the affected serial numbers as a secret ?
My fearwas that Uniden repair program would expire soon ??

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The systems aren't linked. We are trusting our customers to only send in their scanner if they are experiencing the issue (not every one of the earlier s/n scanners has been affected). We have announced no plans to discontinue this program.

rcool101

Feed Provider
The systems aren't linked. We are trusting our customers to only send in their scanner if they are experiencing the issue (not every one of the earlier s/n scanners has been affected). We have announced no plans to discontinue this program.
And that's why I waited... I had no trouble with the clock problem... I didn't buy a 500 dollar plus scanner to tell time..The dimming display was top of my list..Its now brighter on low than on high before...:D

rcool101

Feed Provider
We have not been requesting the SN. We only find out what it is when we receive it. Weren't expecting units w/o the problem to be sent in (and it isn't common...).
I stand corrected....For some reason I thought we sent the S/N with our repair request....NOT...:roll:....My Bad....But with that said I still think somebody somewhere knows the cutoff S/N of when the FIX was in.......

Voyager

I stand corrected....For some reason I thought we sent the S/N with our repair request....NOT...:roll:....My Bad....But with that said I still think somebody somewhere knows the cutoff S/N of when the FIX was in.......

It is believed it's somewhere around 580039xx. What is odd is that the earlier SN had the fix but latter ones did not.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Received my BCD536HP from Uniden repair Ser# 580001xx sro# 1995911 "no parts used" ????
and I didn't get a pen or bottle opener ??
I wouldn't be surprised of different assembly lines, parts suppliers or countries...:roll:.....

Status
Not open for further replies.