BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I thought that the instructions when the campaign was announced were pretty clear. If you had the RTC issue, send in your scanner(s) and they will be repaired. If there are other issues, mostly dim display, include a note asking for those to be looked at as well.

I have two 536s and a 436. The 436 and one 536 had the RTC issue and the 536 had the dim display. The other scanner has a dim display, but not the RTC issue, so when I get around to doing so, I'll send that in for evaluation and repair. That's if the RTC issue doesn't show up.

As has been discussed here a number of times, there is no serial number range that has been identified as having the problem. Some units have it, others don't. If a scanner doesn't have the RTC issue, it makes no sense to send it in.

User most likely sent it in for repair since Uniden did not ID the serial numbers impacted. Better safe than sorry

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
User most likely sent it in for repair since Uniden did not ID the serial numbers impacted. Better safe than sorry
I agree, its better to send it in while you have the chance. No one wants to take the chance with a brand new $500 radio that it might fail down the road. It's normal to want to get it checked out. I think it's time for Uniden to release serial numbers with good parts. Until then there is no confidence and this is going to happen.

D

darunimal

Like you don't have the resources on here to enlighten you on which display you have, when the scanner was purchased a mere month ago, better not send it in and waste Unidens' resources, that's just plain selfish and probably the very definition of anxiety. Maybe you should consider sending a $30 check to Uniden NA in Texas and apologize for the inconvenience. You should have at least taken a picture uploaded and posted the question, instead you wasted a valued resource, purely uncalled for, since these issues don't effect reception.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
Like you don't have the resources on here to enlighten you on which display you have, when the scanner was purchased a mere month ago, better not send it in and waste Unidens' resources, that's just plain selfish and probably the very definition of anxiety. Maybe you should consider sending a $30 check to Uniden NA in Texas and apologize for the inconvenience. You should have at least taken a picture uploaded and posted the question, instead you wasted a valued resource, purely uncalled for, since these issues don't effect reception.

If this was directed at me, mine was repaired. RaYk's did not need repair. My LED's were dim and they replaced them. I had to reset my clock twice while I owned it but no mention that they repaired that. I'm just saying I think its time to release serial numbers, or, when you put your serial number in to schedule repair they come back and say not needed.

RT48

I agree, its better to send it in while you have the chance. No one wants to take the chance with a brand new $500 radio that it might fail down the road.

I have not seen Uniden state that there is any type of deadline for this repair campaign. My 436 will be two years old in May and I have not had the slightest problem with it.

D

darunimal

I agree, its better to send it in while you have the chance. No one wants to take the chance with a brand new $500 radio that it might fail down the road. It's normal to want to get it checked out. I think it's time for Uniden to release serial numbers with good parts.
2 wrongs always .... Makes it right, right?

These issues do Not effect reception, do Not send it in, even if you are in doubt, let Uniden utilize the resources for other things.

I had a cr2032 take care of the clock, and I did have to reset the clock prior and more than twice.

Of course they should release the serial number, see my first comment on this very post.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I have not seen Uniden state that there is any type of deadline for this repair campaign. My 436 will be two years old in May and I have not had the slightest problem with it.

There is no deadline and there is no database of serial numbers that are affected. Both of these subjects have been covered time and in again in this thread and in the other duplicative threads on the subject.

This forum really needs a "like" button.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
2 wrongs always .... Makes it right, right?

These issues do Not effect reception, do Not send it in, even if you are in doubt, let Uniden utilize the resources for other things.

I had a cr2032 take care of the clock, and I did have to reset the clock prior and more than twice.

Of course they should release the serial number, see my first comment on this very post.
I retract and agree, Don't send it in unless you have a problem. I had a problem and sent mine in.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
You are right, best to wait if you have a problem, which is what I personally did. Although I had to rest my clock this morning. I'm not sending it in again, just going to live with it.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast

WB2KTG

Missing my 436 battery cover on repaired unit

I sent in my 436 and 536 for battery/display fix a few weeks ago. Just got them back last night. So far so good. Display appears to be 'softer' also so am happy so far. I did remove the memory cards, and all other stuff so I did follow their instructions that way when I sent them in.. My 436 was returned without the rear battery compartment cover. Whom shall I contact to get a replacement? Thanks!

wise871

Database Admin
How could Uniden repair forget the rear cover. Someone should have noticed when they wrapped it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WB2KTG

I Forgot to Mention

Thanks to Uniden! In addition to the 436 & 536 returned to me, there was a beautiful blue plastic Uniden bottle opener! I guess that's for the beers to be enjoyed whilst programming these beasts... ;-)

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Gentlemen, just a reminder that this thread is for discussion of the recall.

Posts concerning Apple are off-topic.

Thanks.

SoLoTow

Premium Subscriber
436hp Repaired!

Sent 436 in> Received at repair Feb 2 and shipped back Feb 16. Received Feb 19. Powered up and works
just fine. Thanks for the repair Uniden. I did not know that I would miss it that much!
Back to scanning ----->

omrail

UPMan non US shipping reimbursement as per email question???

UPMan

As I not from the US can I ship my unit any way I wish at any cost using any company?

From the email
"For non-US consumers, please send in your units for the Battery Rework Program to the address listed below along with a copy of shipping cost. Uniden will reimburse you the shipping cost you incurred after rework is completed."

rcool101

Feed Provider
I sent in my 436 and 536 for battery/display fix a few weeks ago. Just got them back last night. So far so good. Display appears to be 'softer' also so am happy so far. I did remove the memory cards, and all other stuff so I did follow their instructions that way when I sent them in.. My 436 was returned without the rear battery compartment cover. Whom shall I contact to get a replacement? Thanks!
I never send a portable back with a cover. Or batteries, or antenna, or original box....Bare bones[emoji2]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.