BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

omrail

Things must have changed. .I got one when I returned my 536hp.. thanks for helping me out. I was on the phone UPS..that was a mess. They outright told me to bill Uniden. Thought that was funny.

So you got a shipping label. The first one I shipped in December I got a label then last mouth no label I had to ship my self and send a copy of the bill for them to pay me back

ve3zo

Only with the 536hp. I sent that in last year. I am returning my 436hp now...the clock issue finally appeared. .. I was very surprised to see that no label was provided and I was on my own.

ve3zo

So you got a shipping label. The first one I shipped in December I got a label then last mouth no label I had to ship my self and send a copy of the bill for them to pay me back
How were you reimbursed. .cheque. money order...just wondering. .

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Well, I registered my 436 for repair and received a mailing label within fifteen minutes. Unit was carefully boxed with yards of bubble wrap and dropped in the local UPS box for pickup. As of 7pm CST, the unit had been picked up for scheduled Tuesday delivery.

Now the nail-biting period begins...

Sac916

Anybody know who is selling 436 versions that don't need to be sent in for fixing known issues ?

Voyager

With one exception, the cutoff seems to be in the 39xx's (and that exception is suspect).

southpaw57

Premium Subscriber
Hello All, I just received My 436 back from Uniden after the RTC repair. All went very well as far as sending it to Uniden, the repair and receiveing My 436 back. Thank You Uniden and Upman! Now a question concerning charging the Rtc battery. When connected to a USB cable the scanner when turned on prompts Me with a ' start charging ' message. My 436 is in My Mobil and I always charge the batteries outside of the scanner. So, if I answer no to this prompt, the batteries that run the radio do not charge. But how about the Rtc battery. Does this receive a charge while the scanner is on? or does My no answer to 'start charging' prompt stop all charging? Thanks for any clairifacation on this matter. Bob

budevans

Got my 436 back yesterday

I received my 436 back from clock battery and display led repairs yesterday evening. I immediately re-installed the SD card, batteries and USB cable. Then connected to my pc and downloaded the firmware update and my updated Favorites Lists.

The difference in the display is dramatic. Bright and easy to read, even at a distance.

Thank you Uniden. Please keep up the good work. Your efforts are appreciated. :D

PS: Thx for the bottle opener. I'll put that to good use.

1MO-Bob

Premium Subscriber
Will a new BCD536HP need repaired?

If I buy a new 536hp now, will I need to have it repaired, or have they solved the problems on the later released units?

Thanks Bob
AA0BW

Voyager

Many popular distributors will likely have the old stock out of the line by now. Be careful buying from Amazon, as there have been a lot of "returns" sold as new - the box containing a 90's Uniden scanner model. HRO and ScannerMaster would be to prime places from which to purchase.

AZ645

Premium Subscriber
I just got my 536 back last week, took just under 4 weeks for the whole process, very efficient. Asides from the display not asking me to set clock upon every power up, what else was repaired?

Voyager

The RTC issue was fixed, too, as well as any other issues you mentioned when you sent it in.

TangoFox

THANK YOU, Uniden.

I have sent my scanner in, and not only was the warranty issue fixed, but it looks like the entire unit was swapped out. This has fixed NUMEROUS problems that I had with it, and your customer service in this regard is very appreciated. The scanner finally works on P25, and the headphone issue is gone!

Finally, the scanner that I purchased has arrived.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Well, I registered my 436 for repair and received a mailing label within fifteen minutes. Unit was carefully boxed with yards of bubble wrap and dropped in the local UPS box for pickup. As of 7pm CST, the unit had been picked up for scheduled Tuesday delivery.

Now the nail-biting period begins...
WoW! Talk about a fast turn-around. At 9:45 am I got an email that my 436 had been received and placed into the repair center.

This same day at 2:45 pm I just got an email that the repaired unit has been shipped! That's fast!

Of course UPS hasn't actually picked up from them yet, but still... :lol:

troymail

Silent Key
WoW! Talk about a fast turn-around. At 9:45 am I got an email that my 436 had been received and placed into the repair center.

This same day at 2:45 pm I just got an email that the repaired unit has been shipped! That's fast!

They must be reaching the end.... (at least, of those who who/care to send units in).

Eng74

They have had both my 536 and 436 since Feburary 29 and they are still in line at the service center.

Just checked my email and my 536 is on the way home, they even did the headphone jack fix. My 436 is still in line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.