BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

TangoFox

They have had both my 536 and 436 since Feburary 29 and they are still in line at the service center.

Just checked my email and my 536 is on the way home, they even did the headphone jack fix. My 436 is still in line.

My 536 arrived on March 3, and returned to my house on March 17.

K4EET

Chaplain
Premium Subscriber
My BCD536HP has been shipped and is headed home. It was received by Uniden 3/8/16 and was repaired and shipped on 3/17/16. What functions were actually repaired when the "Parts Used" says:

Parts Used
BATTERY MODIFICATION
D415 D416 D417 D418

At a minimum, it should be the clock error and the display brightness. Is that right?

73, Dave K4EET

K4EET

Chaplain
Premium Subscriber
My BCD536HP has been shipped and is headed home. It was received by Uniden 3/8/16 and was repaired and shipped on 3/17/16. What functions were actually repaired when the "Parts Used" says:

Parts Used
BATTERY MODIFICATION
D415 D416 D417 D418

At a minimum, it should be the clock error and the display brightness. Is that right?

73, Dave K4EET

I just found a reference on Page 6 of this thread that the diodes were indeed the LEDs. I guess the "Battery Modification" has to do with the RTC. I could not find any references to that...

73, Dave K4EET

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
My 436 is on its way back from vacation in Texas. I see on the "Repair Order Details" the notation:

Parts Used: CONTROL BOARD MODIFICATION

Nothing about the dim display... :confused:

rcool101

Feed Provider
Relax

My 436 is on its way back from vacation in Texas. I see on the "Repair Order Details" the notation:

Parts Used: CONTROL BOARD MODIFICATION

Nothing about the dim display... :confused:
On the 436 the LEDs are on a board and the clock fix also. So they just swap the board. It has an older firmware on it so you must put the new firmware back on it.
On the 536 the LEDs are changed and a battery mod done. No board swap-no firmware change

K4EET

Chaplain
Premium Subscriber

Parts Used
BATTERY MODIFICATION
D415 D416 D417 D418

73, Dave K4EET

I just found a reference on Page 6 of this thread that the diodes were indeed the LEDs. I guess the "Battery Modification" has to do with the RTC. I could not find any references to that...

73, Dave K4EET

My beloved scanner is back home from the hospital with an unbelievable facelift. The display difference is the difference between night and day. I am sooooooo glad I decided to send it in for repair of the issues.

:) Thank You Uniden!!! You all are the BEST!!! :)

73, Dave K4EET

Vov33

My beloved scanner is back home from the hospital with an unbelievable facelift. The display difference is the difference between night and day. I am sooooooo glad I decided to send it in for repair of the issues.

:) Thank You Uniden!!! You all are the BEST!!! :)

73, Dave K4EET
I told you so...

Eng74

UPS just dropped off my radios. The put a new card in my 436 and sent me some ear buds. Nice to have the radios back and on my day off too.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
On the 436 the LEDs are on a board and the clock fix also. So they just swap the board. It has an older firmware on it so you must put the new firmware back on it.
On the 536 the LEDs are changed and a battery mod done. No board swap-no firmware change
I just got mine back from the UPS man. I immediately began to panic because I'd forgotten where I put the SD card for safekeeping. After a frantic search, I finally noticed it in my keyboard tray, hidden beneath one of the batteries I'd put there...

Got the SD card reinstalled, batteries installed, battery cover installed, turned it on, set the clock...

...and noticed not much "different" from the way it was before sending on vacation. Well, the display isn't the cool blue from the original, but more of a very dim, slightly yellowish tint.

In the morning when my eyes are fresh and better focused, I'll check the firmware and resent my display preferences.

Voyager

That's because the 536 is modified, and the 436 is replaced, and the boards for the 436 must have been made before the latest update was available.

LakeErieLarry

What do they put on the repair page when one's radio is completed. Mine has been there about I week now.

Do I type in SRO Number or my send in 4 number Uniden issued ??

thundermedic

Database Administrator
thundermedic Just so you know it looks like shipping for use in Canada is done on Monday and it goes to Burlington ON first be for Fedex Ground gets it to ship to you. At less that my experience.

Cheers, I'm just surprised I have't got any word from Uniden that it's been fixed...

budevans

Repair Page Link

What do they put on the repair page when one's radio is completed. Mine has been there about I week now.

Do I type in SRO Number or my send in 4 number Uniden issued ??

Here's a link to the Repair page:
Repair
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Repair Status

Enter: SRO# and Zip. Click on Search.

FYI, the turn around time for my 436 was one day short of 5 weeks. One week to get to Uniden, 3 weeks in the Repair area and one week to get back to me. Note others have reported much shorter times.

ve3zo

Mine has been in for 3 weeks now, no word
Mine as well..when i sent my 536 in I called uniden. .they gave me a tracking number and it arrived the next day.. call uniden and see it they can give you any updates.
Like someone else mentioned. it will be returned via FedEx.

I also live in ontario.

Status
Not open for further replies.