BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdp40f500

Radio Received?

My 536 started displaying the battery issue last week, so I signed up for the campaign and received a reference number, and a screen note telling me to wait for an email with shipping instructions. I received an email today - saying the radio has been received and is in the repair center. Problem is, the radio is still on the desk in my shack! Paul, please help - I think I got the wrong email!

Thanks,

Jim Sponholz #6423

DocDaddy

Received my 536 back from Uniden today. Works perfectly... :) (except for the siren app that I bought this scanner for in the first place)

LakeErieLarry

BCD536 Repaied and all seems well.

Thank you Uniden for fast repair turnaround. a little over a week including shipping.

Something else worth mentioning. I got my return numbers and did not send it right away due to a family medical emergency. Uniden sent me a reminder about getting the repair done...and stated it would be a short turnaround.. That was professional I thought, and above and beyond what was expected from me.

sdp40f500

The email with the shipping label came today, thanks Paul and Uniden!

Maybe I live a charmed life, but in 35+ years of Uniden/Bearcat radios, this is the first time I've had to send a radio back for repair for any reason. I appreciate Uniden's standing behind their products and making things right if there are issues.

Jim

Hooligan

Las month, I sent my BCD536 in to Uniden for the warranty work, and received what I expected to be an updated, functional scanner back a couple weeks later.

However, as soon as I turned-on my 536, it cycles through the normal boot-up menu but then I get the following error message:

SD Card File Error
Use Sentinel “Clear User Data”
operation to initialize SD Card.

No matter what I tried, this error message was the end result. After troubleshooting it on the phone with a Uniden Scanner rep, I was told the scanner was somehow basically dead, and to send it back to Uniden! Uniden's agent wouldn't send me another free shipping label, so I had to shell out $20 to send it back to Uniden.

The paperwork from Uniden Service, Inc. that I received with the 536 returned to me after the recall work claims "Your unit has been repaired and thoroughly-checked by our factory-trained technicians..." but in my case, it doesn't seem like "thoroughly checked" included powering-up the 536 to make sure it was functional before returning it back to me.

The service dept received it today, hopefully I'll get it back --operational-- soon.

Anyone else undergo this sort of nightmare?

rcool101

Feed Provider
Usually a reformated new card fixes many problems. Maybe your 536 had a bumpy ride on the way home...

Sent from my HP 8 G2 using Tapatalk

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Kudos to uniden! They received my scanner on April 1st and Returned it on April 8th. All is working as it should.....

kruser

Well Known Member
Premium Subscriber
ATTN UPMan: You have a broken link (HTTP 404 Page Not Found) on the RTC repair campaign on the following page:

https://www.uniden.com/scanner/id-BCD536HP/BCD536HP_HomePatrol_Series_Scanner_with_Wi-Fi

I was telling a friend that has the 436 HT scanner about the issue when I found the bad link. I did not check the 436 page but it is probably broken too.

73, Dave K4EET

It was probably just a temporary glitch as I was able to get to the RTC Repair Campaign page this morning by clicking the link box at the page you listed. I tried it just moments after your post and it worked fine.

Possible they were updating the page when you had tried or a name server was down or one of many other possible reasons the internet does not always work!

wise871

Database Admin
Well, the display isn't the cool blue from the original, but more of a very dim, slightly yellowish tint.

I'm still not happy with the yellowish tint. I wish I could send it back for repair but it would still be the yellowish tint. I wish they used the same LEDs as the 536 repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Voyager

I wish it had a changeable color backlight. But, you can't always get what you want.

K1TSL

Premium Subscriber
I sent my 436 in for the clock issue and had it back inside three weeks which I thought was reasonable. On top of that, I requested a screen repair after I dropped the scanner at the airport. All though it landed on its bottom, the resulting jolt caused the screen to display 100% contrast making everything unreadable.
I didn't immediately notice the fact that the screen was the warmer color temp. It's readable enough for me all though I do have to say it does seem a tad dimmer overall. If the unit had come with this screen originally, I wouldn't have known any better. Either way, I am just happy to have it back at this point.

Hooligan

They received it on a Thursday, and by Monday, they had it back on it's way to me, repaired & operationally checked. That's pretty fast, but yes, it was apparently a pretty simple SD card issue.

Las month, I sent my BCD536 in to Uniden for the warranty work, and received what I expected to be an updated, functional scanner back a couple weeks later.

However, as soon as I turned-on my 536, it cycles through the normal boot-up menu but then I get the following error message:

SD Card File Error
Use Sentinel “Clear User Data”
operation to initialize SD Card.

No matter what I tried, this error message was the end result. After troubleshooting it on the phone with a Uniden Scanner rep, I was told the scanner was somehow basically dead, and to send it back to Uniden! Uniden's agent wouldn't send me another free shipping label, so I had to shell out $20 to send it back to Uniden.

The paperwork from Uniden Service, Inc. that I received with the 536 returned to me after the recall work claims "Your unit has been repaired and thoroughly-checked by our factory-trained technicians..." but in my case, it doesn't seem like "thoroughly checked" included powering-up the 536 to make sure it was functional before returning it back to me.

The service dept received it today, hopefully I'll get it back --operational-- soon.

Anyone else undergo this sort of nightmare?

mcpetersen

Very pleased with the turnaround by Uniden. In less than three weeks I had my 436 back with the clock battery updated, the new display and a new keypad to replace the worn pad where some of the numbers were unreadable.. Plus a ball point pen. I really missed the radio while it was gone, but it was worth the wait.Thanks,

kwd57

I shipped in both 536/436 on 4/11/16 and got them back today 4/25/16 well packed and in same condition as I sent them in.

If the new LED's fix any future problems, then I have no problem the the different color.

Thank you Uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.