BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT48

well when i sent mine in for a dim display they said there was nothing wrong with the radio and charged me $90. the SRO says ready to ship on 5-4-17 and an estimated ship date of 5-27-17

The repair order says the radio had all the updates done before you even bought it. Are you saying you had a dim display even though the updates were already done?

w9zro

YES my display was a lot dimmer that a friend of mines.... i think maybe he still has the old display and evidently i have the new one

ve2fet

Thank you. The status page says it was shipped back on 04/28/2017... should get it anyday I suppose... Uniden SRO Number: 2001825. You say I will get money for my shipping cost? How?
Thanks!
After you receive the ok to ship you will have to ship it to Texas at your cost and Uniden will reimburse you your shipping cost. When done it will be shipped back to you (Canadian shipments are sent on Mondays from Uniden). It first goes to a logistics partner in Brampton Ontario first then ship from them to you

That is the way it work for me any way.

DeepBlue

Lost Mototrbo upgrade after authorized Clock Batt repair

Hello all,
Bought my BCD436HP used WITH the Mototrbo upgrade already installed by the previous owner. About a week after I purchased it (through a major retailer and used gear supplier in the mid-west - not faulting them in this in any way) I sent the unit in for factory warranty work on the clock battery. I just now tried to listen to a local DMR 2m repeater and realized it was not working. On inspection it seems the repair process wiped out my upgrade. Now not having the original email with the key in it from the original purchaser, the radio is asking me for the key. Naturally there is NO phone number for Uniden to ask about this so I am stuck asking through FB and here on the forums if there isn't a way to ask Uniden for a replacement key for this unit as it is supposed to be tied to the radios serial number, right?

Uniden - balls in your court. I am only to happy to supply the serial numbers, check sums, screen shots and if need be a receipt (I think I have it) for the radio itself, purchased second hand with the upgrade, again easily checked against the serial number at Uniden. NOW THEN, this presupposes that Uniden did not simply replace the entire board in the scanner holding the serial number in the ROM...?

In any case, I feel I did pay for the upgrade by paying more for the scanner used because it had the upgrade in it, and since it is tied not to the user but the radio itself, someone will hopefully contact me and let me know what I need to do.

I'll try to keep checking in here and see what anyone says on this one. I'm sure this has happened to more than a few of us.

Thanks again,
Sean

W5RGP

What kind of turnaround time is everyone seeing.

Mine was there a week today and I just got an email that it was complete and ready for shipping

Only thing is it says estimated ship date is 6-6-17 ??

Hope they aren't gonna keep it that long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
... if there isn't a way to ask Uniden for a replacement key for this unit as it is supposed to be tied to the radios serial number, right?...

I am not sure how to correct your issue, but have you tried to register your scanner on my.uniden.com ? You would register the product there and then "purchase" any upgrades (PV or DMR).

I am thinking since the DMR upgrade was already purchased for your radio, the key might be provided to you when you enter the serial number and you may get a message the upgrade has already been purchased. I don't think Uniden wants to sell the key twice for the same scanner.

No idea if this would work, but it's worth a shot.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am not sure how to correct your issue, but have you tried to register your scanner on my.uniden.com ? You would register the product there and then "purchase" any upgrades (PV or DMR).

I am thinking since the DMR upgrade was already purchased for your radio, the key might be provided to you when you enter the serial number and you may get a message the upgrade has already been purchased. I don't think Uniden wants to sell the key twice for the same scanner.

No idea if this would work, but it's worth a shot.

Hello all,
Bought my BCD436HP used WITH the Mototrbo upgrade already installed by the previous owner. About a week after I purchased it (through a major retailer and used gear supplier in the mid-west - not faulting them in this in any way) I sent the unit in for factory warranty work on the clock battery. I just now tried to listen to a local DMR 2m repeater and realized it was not working. On inspection it seems the repair process wiped out my upgrade. Now not having the original email with the key in it from the original purchaser, the radio is asking me for the key. Naturally there is NO phone number for Uniden to ask about this so I am stuck asking through FB and here on the forums if there isn't a way to ask Uniden for a replacement key for this unit as it is supposed to be tied to the radios serial number, right?

Uniden - balls in your court. I am only to happy to supply the serial numbers, check sums, screen shots and if need be a receipt (I think I have it) for the radio itself, purchased second hand with the upgrade, again easily checked against the serial number at Uniden. NOW THEN, this presupposes that Uniden did not simply replace the entire board in the scanner holding the serial number in the ROM...?

In any case, I feel I did pay for the upgrade by paying more for the scanner used because it had the upgrade in it, and since it is tied not to the user but the radio itself, someone will hopefully contact me and let me know what I need to do.

I'll try to keep checking in here and see what anyone says on this one. I'm sure this has happened to more than a few of us.

Thanks again,
Sean
For the 436HP, the clock/display issue requires replacing the system board in the scanner. However, the repair procedure as explained by UPMan is that, when the board is replaced, the original ESN is re flashed onto the replacement.

Log into MyUniden and get the DMR key. On that page, you should be able to verify that the ESN on 'MyUniden' matches the ESN you see in Settings on the scanner itself. There is some possibility that you may need to upgrade the firmware before re-applying the DMR key. You can either let Sentinel upgrade upgrade the firmware, or select one of the trial firmware downloads that are in various places on this thread. The most recent is V1.11.29, found here.

Ubbe

He doesn't have the previuos users login credentials and I doubt he could register the scanners esn twice in the system. Uniden support needs to step in and solve the problem.

I wish that when Uniden informs the user about the shipping procedure they should mention that he needs to write down the key before sending in the scanner. Not everyone remembers their Uniden logon.

/Ubbe

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
He doesn't have the previuos users login credentials and I doubt he could register the scanners esn twice in the system. Uniden support needs to step in and solve the problem.

I wish that when Uniden informs the user about the shipping procedure they should mention that he needs to write down the key before sending in the scanner. Not everyone remembers their Uniden logon.

/Ubbe
UPman has said before that just because a scanner was sold, that did not mean that it could not be registered under the new user.

He has the option of registering it again, and purchasing a key, although I can understand that that would not be desirable. Especially if part of the purchase price from the previous owner was contingent on the paid upgrade already being present. Now whether Uniden would give him the previously purchased key, from a different person's transaction, is another matter. They might decline because of any semblance of a privacy issue.

You have a good point about backing up the key information, especially when you were not the original purchaser of the unit or it's option key(s).

rumcajs_tr

UPMAN HELP - scanners lost !?

Please, UPMan, help - I sent my scanners for repair, tracking shows it was delivered on 2017-05-11, but the repair campaign status still showing "Status: Email Link Sent! (ref. num. 8063). i also contacted customer support (ref. W428478-051317) - still without reply...
Can you please check it for me? I hope that my two scanners worth USD 1.000 were not lost somewhere.
Thank you.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else have this issue:

536HP sent in for clock fail repair (2 week return time for those that are wondering), get it back, leave it on for a couple days, set clock and date, fails after a few minutes.

If I don't set the date it will change dates , albeit the wrong date, just fine. it will keep time fine too.

The correct date won't stay. Incorrect on does.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You have a good point about backing up the key information, especially when you were not the original purchaser of the unit or it's option key(s).

I would go a step further, and require that paying a premium for an upgrade key is contingent on the seller providing the upgrade key. It saves a lot of hassle if the scanner requires repair, and also proves that the seller actually purchased the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.