BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd5pck

I filled out the online form this past Saturday (6/3/17) and received the label email today (6/6/17). UPS will be picking it up later this afternoon. I haven;t used this scanner that much lately so I am not in a hurry to get it back. Curious to see how fast Uniden handles it though. Also put a note in it asking to address the headphone issue and the LCD issue, although I don't think my unit is affected.

Uniden received my scanner on 6/9/17. Got an email earlier today, 6/20/17, that it has been shipped back to me. Eight business days total. I guess I'll have it back by the 21st. Unless this stupid storm in the Gulf of Mexico screws up UPS service.

brj67bug

This addressed to UPMan...

I one day shipped my 436 for repair on the broken usb in the radio... The radio was received 6/9/2017 the SRO Number: 2002414 but the return date of 7/72017 is not good . I am leaving for a 3 week road trip and would like the scanner for the trip. This was the purpose of the scanner purchase.

Can the repair be expedited...

I also included the one day ship postage in the box
charge me more to get it done faster I really don't care. but please I leave the the 7/5/2017 and will not have anyone to receive the package while i am gone

W5RGP

This addressed to UPMan...

I one day shipped my 436 for repair on the broken usb in the radio... The radio was received 6/9/2017 the SRO Number:2002414 but the return date of 7/72017 is not good . I am leaving for a 3 week road trip and would like the scanner for the trip. This was the purpose of the scanner purchase.

Can the repair be expedited...

I also included the one day ship postage in the box

charge me more to get it done faster I really don't care. but please I leave the the 7/5/2017 and will not have anyone to receive the package while i am gone

You will get it in a few days mine said it was ready to ship and was saying it would ship about a month away but I had it in about 2-3 days from the day it was completed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brj67bug

You will get it in a few days mine said it was ready to ship and was saying it would ship about a month away but I had it in about 2-3 days from the day it was completed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so. The repair sheet shows no activity yet.... Ill buy another one with a one day ship from amazon If its not back in time for the 4th of july... my fingers are still crossed

kd5pck

Received my repaired scanner back yesterday (6/22/17). So from the day I handed it off to UPS until I received it back was 13 business days. Not too bad I suppose.

I sent it in with a note to check if the headphone and LCD issue that others have experienced is affecting my scanner as well. I have no idea if they did or not. The only notes on the packing slip that came back with it read: "CONTROL BOARD MODIFICATION COMPLETE F12J".

Haven't powered it up yet to see if the clock issue is actually fixed.

K40Kid

I wonder if the 436 I ordered from Amazon this morning will need this repair? Dose anyone know? Is there a range of serial numbers that one can verify this?

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
I was going to send off my scanner but i broke it trying to put the SD card back. I just ordered a replacement 436HP UPman - do the newer models have the clock issues?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
New scanners do not have the problem--Uniden made a design change over a year ago to fix the problem. Amazon and any other seller that sells product regularly will have new stock not needing repair.

gonefishn1

My 536 display finally died and I had ignored the clock failure until now, so I sent the unit back via UPS ground today to Texas. I figured on getting both problems fixed at the same time and it happened so here we go. I will let you all know how long this process takes for me.

marksmith

My 536 display finally died and I had ignored the clock failure until now, so I sent the unit back via UPS ground today to Texas. I figured on getting both problems fixed at the same time and it happened so here we go. I will let you all know how long this process takes for me.
It's been a year or so, but same issues for me took less than a month before back returned and working once they sent me the go to ship to Uniden.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You need to purchase additional keys for additional scanners. But you do not need to re-buy keys for a scanner that already has them.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
will i need to buy the DMR and Provoice keys again ?

You need to purchase additional keys for additional scanners. But you do not need to re-buy keys for a scanner that already has them.
Just to add slightly to Jon's answer, for scanners where the system board is replaced, as is the case with the 436HP when correcting the clock and display issues, Uniden's repair department flashes the new board with the same ESN (electronic serial number) as was in the original. So, you can re-enter the upgrade key when you get the unit back. The key was originally emailed to you, or you can obtain it by logging into your MyUniden account.

K40Kid

New scanners do not have the problem--Uniden made a design change over a year ago to fix the problem. Amazon and any other seller that sells product regularly will have new stock not needing repair.

How can one confirm that their scanner is or is NOT on this recall for repair list? My serial # is 376Z78000339

RT48

How can one confirm that their scanner is or is NOT on this recall for repair list? My serial # is 376Z78000339

Uniden link in the OP says "We have now set up a process for you to use if you happen to experience this problem ."

My 436 is more than three years old and has not had the RTC problem nor has the display dimmed, therefore I have not sent it in.

K40Kid

I got my answer today from Uniden. Not knowing for sure if my 436 was up for the recall I signed up for the repair and today they sent me the email to send it in. So I guess the scanner I just bought off Amazon 2 weeks ago is not the new version.
I also read somewhere that serial #'s starting with a 5 were the newer models and mine id far from that.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
The number directly following the Z in serial number is the year your scanner was made. A 4 after the Z means the scanner was manufactured in 2014, a 5 means 2015 and so on. If your scanners internal clock won't keep the time for at least a week when not used then you need the repair. An easy test to do.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I got my answer today from Uniden. Not knowing for sure if my 436 was up for the recall I signed up for the repair and today they sent me the email to send it in. So I guess the scanner I just bought off Amazon 2 weeks ago is not the new version.

The serial number you posted is for a scanner manufactured in 2017, and sending it in for the repair would be a COMPLETE waste of time. It already has the redesigned board.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Only send in a scanner that is exhibiting one of the two issues. If you send in a unit that is operating properly, you will likely be charged for shipping and handling.

ve2fet

got mine back a while ago. left it in the box since I did not need it right away.
now I plug it in, put a brand new sd card SanDisk Ultra 64GB and get "SD Card File Error" Use Sentinel "Clear User Data" operation to initialize SD Card.
Use my sentienel 1.07 r 05, clear user data, same message. use SDFormater and redo it, same message, did clear user data, update database and firware, unplug... same message...

I can see all the files are written by sentinel on the sd card.

Sentinel shows the scanner as:
J: Uniden Unknown ( ESN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX )

Now, what's wrong, again?
Thanks......

Same procedure from Canada? Display to dimmed, no audio jack fox done and clock is dead too...
from the website, my reference number is 7791
How does it work from Canada?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.