BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
Okay :), and how do i find that? will they give me that or do i have to call and (hopefully not) go mono a mono with the custmor (no) service folks? N9NRA

N9NRA...
unfortunately you probably wont get a straight answer online or even if you call them directly..

I sent mine back (for a RE-REPAIR cuz they didn't repair it properly and never tested it before returning it back to me) by UPS....they received it on April 18th although the status says they received it on April 20th.. I never received any email confirmation from Uniden AND still haven't received any formal acknowledgement that they received it.
UPMAN replied to 1 of my posts ( #'s 1559..1565..1569) on April 26th telling me that my radio was going to be shipped that day. On April 30th I still couldn't see any update on the Repair Status webpage so I called Uniden directly (1-800-297-1023) and spoke to a "BO" in the Wisconsin call center. but had no info in the file so he would look into it. He sent me back an email the following day on May 1st telling me that my unit WAS shipped the day before on April 30th (so much for it having been shipped on April 26th) and supplied me a tracking # but never told me WHO it was being shipped with.. another email to him got me the info that it was with FED EX.. when I checked FED EX's tracking it told me ONLY the shipping label was created but I WASN'T in transit yet. and the shipping label was from Mississauga (Toronto Ont) to me...not from Texas to me..so it will only be update once it starts travelling from Mississauga to me.. so I emailed them back asking for the tracking # from Texas to Canada.. Uniden service supervisor "CALEB" replied to me telling me Uniden had no way to track their shipment from the TEXAS repair center to Canada . Really? Uniden ships $500-$700 radios out without tracking #'s?? Maybe they just don't want to client to actually know how long it takes them to really start to ship it?

and I still have to wait another 4-8 weeks for my refund of the shipping costs to them from Canada..even that they can't tell me what the status is..all they say is that shipping receipt send to CORPORATE for processing..

I am done with Uniden.. DEFECTS...REPAIRS NOT TEASTED BEFORE SENDING IT BACK.. THEN NOT GETTING STRAIGHT ANSWERS.. I guess they take their customers for granted

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Or maybe the regulations, red tape, and customs paperwork make it much more difficult to track an international shipment due to having to switch carriers at the border in some cases. Try ordering something from China and see what kind of tracking you get before the package enters the destination country.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
UPMAN replied to 1 of my posts ( #'s 1559..1565..1569) on April 26th telling me that my radio was going to be shipped that day.

Well, what I said was "Your scanner is in line to be shipped back to you, today." meaning that as of that day is was in line to be shipped, not that it would ship that day (although I can certainly understand that it sounded like it). I got that information from the Repair Status page that you had access to...and worded it the way I did because I'd basically cut/pasted that status from the repair status page without thinking too much about editing for more clarity (I'll try to remember to fix the ambiguity on future similar updates). Not sure why you could not see that status update. I have no "secret" way to get an update beyond what you can see, so it should have been available and visible to you.

Caleb does not have any ability to see the tracking number from TX to Canada. He can see only the same repair status page that you have access to (and that I have access to). Of course, the shipment is tracked to Canada, but our system only allows for a single tracking number on a repair record, so we put the tracking number that tracks to your door. If a shipment were to go missing on its way to Canada, our repair shipping desk would have the information necessary to track it through the carrier.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
re, `436HP, "your unit has been shipped" email of 5/9/2018 and a question.

Intresting development on my `436HP which i sent in for repair of the RTC battery, yesterday (5/9/2018) i recieved an email that read, "your unit has been shipped, please check the main status page for tracking number, if availible". Intrestingly enough, i did check that main status page (the repair status page actually) and it STILL reads, "4/20/2018 your unit has been recieved." So, there`s no tracking number unfortunately. Only things i can think of that this means is one, my scanner has shipped already (meaning it`s somewhere in transit) and the it beat the email to me), or two, my scanner is in line to be shipped and this is just the default email that is sent out regardless of wether it`s actually, so to speak, on the racks and being loaded on the truck to be shipped or still sitting waiting to be put on an outbounder for shipping. Ether way this is what i call from work an ineffiency, they`ve told me my scanner has been shipped, but provide no tracking number so i can actually see if my unit is on it`s way back to me, like i said, intresting. Question for the scanner geeks on here, can i take the SD card from my (somewhere in shipping limbo) `436HP and pop it into a new `436HP? Reason i ask is i`m thinking on snagging another unit as a backup to this `un in case i have to send it in again (hopefully not, fingers crossed). Also, are the DMR & NXDN keys i purchased stored on the scanner or the SD card? If they`re in the scanner it`s no biggie, i`ll just repurchase `em, if they`re on the SD then we could have a problem when i put the card in the (backup) scanner as the keys won`t match the new unit. Thoughts? Thanx! N9NRA

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I just looked and it shows a tracking #. Maybe you were looking at a cached page?

Scheduled Delivery:

Monday, 05/14/2018 , By End of Day

Last Location:

Departed - Ft Worth, TX, United States, Thursday, 05/10/2018

(from UPS tracking page)

You'll need to re-enter the original upgrade keys (new logic board is part of the repair, but it is set to the original ESN/Checksum, so the original keys still work).

You can pop in the SD card.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
I just looked and it shows a tracking #. Maybe you were looking at a cached page?

Scheduled Delivery:

Last Location:

(from UPS tracking page)

You'll need to re-enter the original upgrade keys (new logic board is part of the repair, but it is set to the original ESN/Checksum, so the original keys still work).

Hey thanx Upman :D! Found my tracking number just fine. Thanx for the help. 73. N9NRA

W5RGP

Hey thanx Upman :D! Found my tracking number just fine. Thanx for the help. 73. N9NRA

Finally got my 436 shipped a few days ago
Tracking shows it’s in Denton tx this am
My 536 was in and out in just a couple of days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W5RGP

Scheduled Delivery:

Last Location:

(from UPS tracking page)

Hey Paul any way u might check ref # 8972
Was delivered a few days ago to uniden but status page is still showing that a label is ready to be printed it’s like you don’t know it was shipped

Thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It has not yet been received by repair. That means, while it may have been delivered to the building, it has not yet been logged in by the repair department (the repair department resides as a tenant in the building and packages are not necessarily delivered daily). This does not delay repair, it just delays logging. There is always a queue of items in for repair...as items are logged in, they are added to the queue.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Id like to say Thank you to UPMan and Uniden in general.
I sent my 436 in a few weeks ago and i was surprised when i got it back in a week.

troymail

Silent Key
So a question for Paul -- touched my 536 for the first time in a long time recently and noticed (and was reminded) that because of the defects, it now has a "3 year warranty".... this made me wonder -- since both the 436 and 536 were sent in and repaired at the same time under this program, does the 436 also have that 3 year warranty (and are these 3 years warranties from the date of purchase or the date of repair)?

W5RGP

It has not yet been received by repair. That means, while it may have been delivered to the building, it has not yet been logged in by the repair department (the repair department resides as a tenant in the building and packages are not necessarily delivered daily). This does not delay repair, it just delays logging. There is always a queue of items in for repair...as items are logged in, they are added to the queue.

Received an email this pm that it was received and is in the repair queue
You guys rock
Thank you

W5RGP

Paul

I got my 436 back today and there appears to be some type of glass like fragments behind the screen but in front of the display

Is this something I can fix by taking apart and cleaning or does it need to be sent back again

They were not there when it was shipped to uniden will try to get a pic and post in the am

Thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
All you need is a #1 Phillips screwdriver and about 6" of blue masking tape And about 5 minutes.

Remove the 6 screws in the back of the 436. 2 are in the battery compartment. With the unit oriented face down, gently pull off the front half of the case. Gravity may do the trick if you lift the back half off the front.

With the pieces separated, gently press the sticky side of the masking tape against the inside of the display bezel and the front of the LCD display until all dust, hair, and any other foreign material is stuck to the tape. Its surprisingly difficult to get every speck of dust, especially if you have dogs.

Once you have everything stuck to the tape instead of the scanner, replace the front half of the case. Make sure the keypad is in correctly, and the white switch membrane has the side with the black spots facing the circuit board.

When replacing the 6 screws, rotate them counterclockwise until you feel them pop into the threads, then gently tighten.

That's it!

W5RGP

All you need is a #1 Phillips screwdriver and about 6" of blue masking tape And about 5 minutes.

Remove the 6 screws in the back of the 436. 2 are in the battery compartment. With the unit oriented face down, gently pull off the front half of the case. Gravity may do the trick if you lift the back half off the front.

With the pieces separated, gently press the sticky side of the masking tape against the inside of the display bezel and the front of the LCD display until all dust, hair, and any other foreign material is stuck to the tape. Its surprisingly difficult to get every speck of dust, especially if you have dogs.

Once you have everything stuck to the tape instead of the scanner, replace the front half of the case. Make sure the keypad is in correctly, and the white switch membrane has the side with the black spots facing the circuit board.

When replacing the 6 screws, rotate them counterclockwise until you feel them pop into the threads, then gently tighten.

That's it!

That worked
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.