BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeBeCinYa

I just got off the phone with customer service for having my 436 in for repair, and was told that the repair campaign for the 436 is no longer happening? I was told I have to pay for this, and I said no way. Customer Service rep told me she would run it up the chain to get clarity.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I just got off the phone with customer service for having my 436 in for repair, and was told that the repair campaign for the 436 is no longer happening? I was told I have to pay for this, and I said no way. Customer Service rep told me she would run it up the chain to get clarity.
Just on the 17th of Janurary UpMan told someone in his post# 1689 they could ship two radios in the same box. So I highly doubt that is the case. But who knows.

WeBeCinYa

Just on the 17th of Janurary UpMan told someone how they could ship two radios in the same box. So I highly doubt that is the case. But who knows.

Yeah I saw that, and sent mine in thereafter. Seems to be a disconnect.

WeBeCinYa

Can anyone answer if the 436 campaign is over or still active? Can’t get a response from Uniden Rep or Upman. Customer service rep was vague.

Nasby

Can anyone answer if the 436 campaign is over or still active? Can’t get a response from Uniden Rep or Upman. Customer service rep was vague.

It's still active. I just sent one in yesterday. Just follow the easy to understand instructions on the first page of the thread.

WeBeCinYa

It's still active. I just sent one in yesterday. Just follow the easy to understand instructions on the first page of the thread.

Like you I sent one in and was told by CS that the campaign was over. I didn’t know who to believe, the easy to understand instructions from page one or the customer service rep on the phone. Thanks for the clairiy.

osiris

Hi all, So I finally sent both my 435 & 536 in to get the clock issue resolved. They got them on the 23rd of January & I got both of them back today. Pretty fast turn around. I don't know whether they did anything about the dimming issue as mine did not have that problem. On the note that I included with them I asked if it could be addressed, but there was nothing I can see that says they did. They were delivered to my daughter's house so I won't be able to look at them for a couple of days to find out.
Still, I'm happy to have them repaired so quickly. Thanks to the Uniden team.!!!!!!!

osiris

I said earlier that I didn't think Uniden fixed the dim issue on my radios. I just looked at the receipt again & they did fix it on the 536 but not on the 436. Oh well it wasn't a problem anyway so no big deal. If it happens later I can always return it again I guess.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
According to the repair log, the display backlight fix was applied to both units. Note that HH and base/mobile don't have the same parts, so you won't see exactly the same repair note on both.

osiris

Thanks Paul, I thought after I posted my last entry that maybe on the 436 the dim repair might be part of the board that was replaced. Thanks for the clarification And for all that you do for all of us here. Hope you feel better soon.
Bob

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
i highly doubt the repair campaign is over.... my 436 was received on 2/4... with the quoted return time of 3/4 .... a month.... GRRRRRRRRR

hopefully it's turned around quicker.... sucks to have a new radio for 3 days and have to send it back....LOL then again, I could have bought the DV10... what a POS that turned out to be...

doug

rcool101

Feed Provider
if someone purchases one now it still has the issue 3+ years later?
No. Any recently built radio will already have the fixes done. Unless the radio has been sitting on the shelf for years. My 536 was sent back a few yrs ago but my 436 was purchased 15 mos ago and is fine. There are serial numbers you can check but I don't recall what they are now

hsdtech

Well I just signed up the used bcd436hp I recently bought. I guess I'll have to wait and see if they will email me. BTW my serial is 38001207.

marksmith

I have both the 436 and 536 scanners which were bought shortly after they were released around 4/5 years ago. I don't have the clock resetting problem and have never used the scanners much on the bright led setting. Will I eventually experience both the "clock" and "dimming led display" problems or are these issues only associated with a certain percentage of these scanners?

If you avoid using the 436 and 536 scanners at the brightest display setting can you avoid the "dimming display" problem completely?
I have both as well, but got the 536 immediately and the 436 about half a year later. Never used either on high brightness.

The early 536 was so bad and dim I could not use it by the time the repair program started. It was on 24/7, but usually in one of the dim settings. Never had the battery issue.

Sent in at beginning of program and it has been great since. They also replaced the battery.

I have never had an issue with the 436, which also has run 24/7 but may have been after problems were resolved.

Mark
SDS100&200/536/436/WS1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
FYI, my unit was received in Ft Worth at the Uniden depot on 2/4/2019. It was shipped back to me via UPS ground on 2/15/2019. With ship transit times, that's about 24 days. Not too bad at all, especially when they are paying shipping both ways for the fix....

rcool101

Feed Provider
Well I just signed up the used bcd436hp I recently bought. I guess I'll have to wait and see if they will email me. BTW my serial is 38001207.

The first number after the Z is the year built. Yours would be a 2013 build and would definitely qualify for the fix. How do you know that this was not already done? Are you experiencing any of the symptoms? Dim display or time and date needing reset? If not you might get charged.

hsdtech

The first number after the Z is the year built. Yours would be a 2013 build and would definitely qualify for the fix. How do you know that this was not already done? Are you experiencing any of the symptoms? Dim display or time and date needing reset? If not you might get charged.

Well I didn't think about that. No not having any problems. I just got an email for the shipping label today. Actually I did have to reset the time after I first set it, BUT that was after I installed the latest firmware.

Last edited:

rcool101

Feed Provider
Well I didn't think about that. No not having any problems. I just got an email for the shipping label today. Actually I did have to reset the time after I first set it, BUT that was after I installed the latest firmware.

Note the radio on the left is repaired. Right one isn't
bcd436hp_screen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.