BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsdtech

I think I'm going to hold off. The original owner confirmed no problems and he did not send it in for repair. So if it was made in 2013 and does not have these 2 problems even till this day, maybe it never will. So I will hang on to the UPS shipping label Uniden sent me just in case.

dfw1193

Since I got the SDS200 I have jumped in the pool and submitted by 436/536 for the repair campaign and will send them in upon receipt of the label for shipment. Thank you Uniden for your continued support.

daddyjohn

Absolutely no complaints with Uniden support. Sent in my 536 to have battery issue repaired. Left a note with scanner to have dim display fixed as well. UPS picked it up from drop off point on Monday, February 25 and I received it back today. All repairs completed at no cost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

dfw1193

My 436 and 536 was sent on 2,28 by ups just got it back today only 8 days later didnt get put in repair q till Monday and got it back today Friday. No issues both repaired both returned with protective sheet on display to prevent scratching during the repair. Give your team a well done Paul and thanks.

Fletch

Premium Subscriber
Does the repair campaign include dim displays? I sent my 536 in a year an a half ago for the clock battery repair, since then the display has dimmed to almost unreadable.

caldwest

Many thanks to Uniden for repairing the clock and display lights on my BCD536. Shipping from SC to TX, repair, and return shipping to SC took only 11 calendar days.

dfw1193

I wish they told me that any purchased keys are removed and not re-installed when you send your unit in for the recall campaign, here I am left wondering why nothing is being heard on my pro-voice system thinking the system or something changed but no I missed all the good stuff cause of my unit being sent in for a repair that should never had to be made to being with.

Not even a note in the box saying what was done or nothing.

A little communication would go a long way!

:-(

hsdtech

I wish they told me that any purchased keys are removed and not re-installed when you send your unit in for the recall campaign, here I am left wondering why nothing is being heard on my pro-voice system thinking the system or something changed but no I missed all the good stuff cause of my unit being sent in for a repair that should never had to be made to being with.

Not even a note in the box saying what was done or nothing.

A little communication would go a long way!

:-(
Well I'm glad I saw your post. I just sent my 436 off today. You saved me a big headache.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
According to the repair log, the display backlight fix was applied to both units. Note that HH and base/mobile don't have the same parts, so you won't see exactly the same repair note on both.

I am a little confused on this repair campaign. The explanation I read at the beginning of the thread said it addressed the clock issue. Is this also about the dim backlight issue?

My 436 is very dim compared to a friend's 436, but does not have a clock problem. My 536 seems to be doing well. I would like to get the 436 repaired if this campaign includes the dim screen.

Tramagod

I am a little confused on this repair campaign. The explanation I read at the beginning of the thread said it addressed the clock issue. Is this also about the dim backlight issue?

My 436 is very dim compared to a friend's 436, but does not have a clock problem. My 536 seems to be doing well. I would like to get the 436 repaired if this campaign includes the dim screen.

When the campaign first started it was for the clock issue on the 536. When I sent mine in and it was returned the invoice reflected “clock repair “ and display repair. Shortly after that it was included in the repair campaign but I didn’t know the 436 was having the dim display issue. Maybe you should call Uniden and ask before sending it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wise871

Database Admin
I forget, how long after you sign up before Uniden sends you notification to send it in. Seeing my scroll function no longer works on my 536 I decided to have the repair campaign items addressed also.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I am a little confused on this repair campaign. The explanation I read at the beginning of the thread said it addressed the clock issue. Is this also about the dim backlight issue?...
The clock repair entails replacing the entire main board, which includes the display.

So, for me not needing the clock to be repaired, would this campaign cover the replacement of the main board if only my display was "dim"? In other words, would Uniden work the display into the repair campaign without the clock having an issue? Thanks!

Tramagod

I forget, how long after you sign up before Uniden sends you notification to send it in. Seeing my scroll function no longer works on my 536 I decided to have the repair campaign items addressed also.

Uniden doesn’t send a notification, you contact them for the clock/dim backlight and they will send you a shipping label. Other repairs are not included unless paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.