Broken Arrow Communications Regional Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Yes that is correct. I heard talk radio aka Total Radio may have sold the City of Jenks their site or have a hand shake agreement. The city of Jenks has been searching for a new site for several years now and they found that City Plex was the best choice. As of today it should be a P25 phase 1 site tied into Bixby, Glenpool, and Broken Arrow. The only user that was reported to me on the new City Plex site is Jenks PD which is being reported to be in the clear. Jenks FD is still on their old EDACs site but is in the process of switching which is being reported to be in the clear as well.

Also, I have heard that all the cities mentioned are in the process of dumping Opensky and moving over to P25 Phase 1 with the added encryption in more most cases i.e. BAPD, BAFD. It is rumored that Opensky will still be used for data but voice will be P25 Phase 1 with encryption in most cases. Great news for the agencies but bad news for scanner land.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I've heard Jenks FD on the new site this week. I think it was TG6500

I've also been hearing 8030 phase 2 encrypted. This is the only TG so far that I have seen granted phase 2 on the system. I believe all the 80xx are schools. Sometimes when they are in the clear they talk about school stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Jenks PD has been coming across the broken arrow site today as phase2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
This morning I heard a tone out for TPD on an armed robbery, The same Dispatch was heard on this system with an ID of 609. Since the TPD armed robbery dispatch goes out on mutiple ID's it is hard to say what 609 is tied to but it may be a RMA ID of the OKWIN system.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I've had a ton of 609 hits the last couple months. Like you said, it is linked to a few different OKWIN TGs.

skatertj

So I will chime in on this again. I would like to let you all know, Broken Arrow is dumping opensky and going P25. I wont give details on how i know this, but this is 100% confirmed. I don't have any ideas on what will be encrypted or if it will be full time but i suspect it will be full encryption. I also don't have an exact date but it will be done by the First Quarter of 2018. I don't know what other cities are going this route, just that BA will be doing this.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
So I will chime in on this again. I would like to let you all know, Broken Arrow is dumping opensky and going P25. I wont give details on how i know this, but this is 100% confirmed. I don't have any ideas on what will be encrypted or if it will be full time but i suspect it will be full encryption. I also don't have an exact date but it will be done by the First Quarter of 2018. I don't know what other cities are going this route, just that BA will be doing this.

I've figured as much. I've had quite a few hits on patches that include TGs such as 1000,1001,1002,1005 that are BOLO for Broken Arrow areas. On the patch they are in the clear. When keyed up on the normal TG they are encrypted. Most the encrypted TGs traffic is from some sort of link, as it comes across as mostly the same UID.

peterjmag

Ok my turn...

851.1875 CC

is the Glenpool site upgrade to P25 and can be added to the Broken Arrow P25 multi site system.

Broken Arrow dumping Opensky and going P25 is old news. It's been known for a year or more and is no secret. I would count on it to be mostly encrypted but one can only hope for a few main TGs to be in the clear.

Finally,

Bixby's P25 CC is 853.1625

Happy scanning...

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Ok my turn...

851.1875 CC

is the Glenpool site upgrade to P25 and can be added to the Broken Arrow P25 multi site system.

Broken Arrow dumping Opensky and going P25 is old news. It's been known for a year or more and is no secret. I would count on it to be mostly encrypted but one can only hope for a few main TGs to be in the clear.

Finally,

Bixby's P25 CC is 853.1625

Happy scanning...

It's okay, he waived his hands while he was typing...

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Got some hits today on the Coweta site on ID 1000 that sounded like BAPD as the dispatch was not encrypted but the responder was. Calls in the Kenosha and Evans road area about 12-1 pm.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Got some hits today on the Coweta site on ID 1000 that sounded like BAPD as the dispatch was not encrypted but the responder was. Calls in the Kenosha and Evans road area about 12-1 pm.

I've been thinking that 1000 is something to do with BA. I haven't heard anything come across as not encrypted. Time to start recording!

Status
Not open for further replies.