Burlington County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey123

Just wondering is it my scanner or is it the ems channel not working right with the F1 patch
The audio sounds very low

Last edited:

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
To he honest, the only difference I see is clarity. Low volume still exists. And has been, to me, dispatcher specific. In other words where is your mic position???

howie38

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if their system has an audio voice meter. Maybe an automatic gain would be good to even things out.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
So guys I just wanted to get back with my report from the riverfront at the Burlington-Bristol Bridge. The digital F1 dispatch is coming in with just poor modulation. You can hear it and it's not completely broken it's just poor quality. That is on North simulcast. I have a great RSSI number. Solid data transmission.

tonemaster

Premium Subscriber
To he honest, the only difference I see is clarity. Low volume still exists. And has been, to me, dispatcher specific. In other words where is your mic position???
Some operators use a headset, some don’t. They have to be cognizant of the output, which they aren’t.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yes it is awful in the Burlington City, Bristol borough area. It's not just low volume but it sounds like it's not decoding well. Stark difference from the first day it went online when it was loud and clear on North simulcast. VHF doesn't sound so hot either.

w2xq

Mentor
Yes it is awful in the Burlington City, Bristol borough area. It's not just low volume but it sounds like it's not decoding well. Stark difference from the first day it went online when it was loud and clear on North simulcast. VHF doesn't sound so hot either.
A source tells me he doesn't know if tower climbers have yet replaced the jumper at the top of the tower, as I mentioned before. He doubts it.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure it will get fixed it's just a matter of trial and error. I'm quite frankly just happy to have something on the 700mhz side. FWIW the Camden County simulcast of their F-1 sounds pretty terrible at times too.

joey123

I'm sure it will get fixed it's just a matter of trial and error. I'm quite frankly just happy to have something on the 700mhz side. FWIW the Camden County simulcast of their F-1 sounds pretty terrible at times too.
Ok When you listen to it on your SDs 100 do you get very horrible sounds on it when you listen to it And you can’t understand what there saying

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Ok When you listen to it on your SDs 100 do you get very horrible sounds on it when you listen to it And you can’t understand what there saying
That's a good way to describe it. Both the 100 and 200. The actual signal itself is strong low RSSI but it just sounds like as you described with low volume. The tones are very loud so it's not as if you can just turn it up. The VHF high is also the same way.

As w2xq said it looks like it still needs work so we can look forward to maybe it improving

I was very impressed with the performance on North simulcast when it first started on the weekend, it was clear with good volume. The tones were little wonky but it was good.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Yes I do. Even on my Unication G5. Its not there on the analog. It was different yesterday and that was different than Saturday. Like I said it is a work in progress. It will get worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.