SDS100/SDS200: CAN I RUN SDS200 to an Android Tablet - WIRED NO INTERNET

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
I don't know if @mancow is still doing anything with this or not anymore...
It's a long thread to sift thru... He did come up with a workable unit...

Thanks but the $50 Windows Tablet for an SDS200 "Display Only" will work great compared to the experimental and expensive remote head.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
just to keep the conversation going...
ethernet crossover wire.
images
images
Pretty sure the port on the SDS200 is auto MDIX, so no need for a crossover cable.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
For me it's going to be a 7" Inch Windows Tablet in a Ram Mount (removed when not in car) and the SDS200 mounted and locked in the center console. I get in the car, turn on SDS200, turn on tablet, go to ProScan for the sizeable display and I'm off. Yes it may be cumbersome but this will be the only way. Here is the tablet I'm going to run
Just an FYI... I suspect that Windows tablet will come with Windows 10 Home mode S. If so, don't forget you will have to use the Microsoft store method to take it out of Mode S; otherwise you won't be able to load ProScan or any other software that does not come from the Microsoft Store.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Just an FYI... I suspect that Windows tablet will come with Windows 10 Home mode S. If so, don't forget you will have to use the Microsoft store method to take it out of Mode S; otherwise you won't be able to load ProScan or any other software that does not come from the Microsoft Store.
Oh great! Now I have to figure that out. UGGH