• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Can't Login to New PPS 4.0 (Win11)

L4wnd4rt

Greetings,

I had previous versions of PPS installed and working on my Windows 11 machine. But with the new 4.0 version it won't accept the admin/admin password combo. I tried reinstalling it multiple times, I used Revo uninstaller to make sure it was all out and I'm still getting the same results every time.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if so, how you may have gotten it to work? I have the new PPS installed on my WIndows 10 and Windows 7 computers and they're working fine, just not on Win11.

TIA,

L4wnd4rt

Screenshot 2023-06-10 230840.jpg

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
mine working fine on windows 11 and you already try to un-install and re-install did you try re-download the file maybe the file is corrupted or something ?

L4wnd4rt

Thanks everyone for the responses and suggestions.
mine working fine on windows 11 and you already try to un-install and re-install did you try re-download the file maybe the file is corrupted or something ?
Yes. In addition to reinstalling it a number of times I re-downloaded it too, thinking they may have made and update/fix. But so far the problem still persists.

Before this I have to say I really never gave it much thought, but now I'm wondering why it even needs a login. Or if you want one they should at least make it optional, not by default. Since the password is public anyway, but that's another subject.

Being the fact that no one else so far that's running Win11 has experienced this issue my assumption at this point is that it's maybe I'm missing some dependency? I tried installing Java last night thinking it may need it, but no go. Maybe if someone at Unication sees this they may be able to help out?

Thanks all.

Reconrider

Retype the username.
When I first used it, it has a weird blank space unicode thing that kept me from logging in.

L4wnd4rt

Retype the username.
When I first used it, it has a weird blank space unicode thing that kept me from logging in.
I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it but it didn't work. I even cut and pasted the login/pswd from notepad just to make sure there wasn't anything hiding in there and no go.

I'll keep fighting with it. If I get it work I'll post the fix on here.

Thanks everyone!

Reconrider

I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it but it didn't work. I even cut and pasted the login/pswd from notepad just to make sure there wasn't anything hiding in there and no go.

I'll keep fighting with it. If I get it work I'll post the fix on here.

Thanks everyone!
WHen you un-installed it, did you also remove all the associated files and folders that go with it too?

L4wnd4rt

WHen you un-installed it, did you also remove all the associated files and folders that go with it too?
I'm sure I did during one of the times uninstalled it before. But at your suggestion I thought I'd try it again, unfortunately with the same result. I attached a few screenshots.

Screenshot 2023-06-20 002454.jpgScreenshot 2023-06-20 002619.jpgScreenshot 2023-06-19 204349.jpgScreenshot 2023-06-19 204743.jpg

I even selected all (ctrl-a) and deleted any information that may have been in the user/pass fields. Then I pasted admin/admin from notepad to be sure there was nothing hiding in there as someone else said to try. I'm really at a loss with this one, but I sincerely thank all of you for trying to help me.

Reconrider

I'm sure I did during one of the times uninstalled it before. But at your suggestion I thought I'd try it again, unfortunately with the same result. I attached a few screenshots.

View attachment 144005View attachment 144006View attachment 144007View attachment 144008

I even selected all (ctrl-a) and deleted any information that may have been in the user/pass fields. Then I pasted admin/admin from notepad to be sure there was nothing hiding in there as someone else said to try. I'm really at a loss with this one, but I sincerely thank all of you for trying to help me.
That's so weird. I've never seen that issue, but that's also why I refuse to use windows 11 right now.

Go to where the exe file is stored at, I think C:/Unication, and right click that file and look for compatibility. See if it has "windows 10"

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
I really don’t think it’s a global W11 issue, but who knows. I have PPS running on a W11 clean install and a W11 slip install over W10. So strange …

Maybe some localization setting you have.