City of Canton, Ga Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnlowe81

I have a Uniden BCD536HP and NXDN is enabled. I am trying to find the City of Canton police and fire but can't find them anywhere. I get the rest of Cherokee County and all surrounding area, but City of Canton seems silent. Has anyone recently been able to hear the City of Canton police or fire?

genemalet

Lifetime Member and RadioReference Board Member
I have tried to listen to Canton. I am at 140 and Hickory Rds and cannot hear anything. Using an SDS200

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
I have tried to listen to Canton. I am at 140 and Hickory Rds and cannot hear anything. Using an SDS200

Make sure you have programmed as a nxdn 4800 trunk with a RAN of 39. Only department is dispatch, 100.

If that does not work, program as conventional, check digital only, and set the RAN to 39. I can't get it here now either. It was always weak before.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
When I worked for a company located on Kimberly Drive I had to program as conventional. That's the only way I knew they were there. That was both on my BCD436 and SDS100. Worked perfectly.

jnlowe81

When I worked for a company located on Kimberly Drive I had to program as conventional. That's the only way I knew they were there. That was both on my BCD436 and SDS100. Worked perfectly.
Can you explain how to program this? I have a BCD536HP and am trying to find Canton police.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
I had to program as a conventional system and used 151.1675, 151.115, 151.4675 & 151.4225. I named them Canton 1, Canton 2, Canton 3 & Canton 4. That's the only way I could receive anything. Most of the traffic I picked up was around exit 20 on 575. That might be because our office backed up to the north bound exit ramp and we were under a hill.

Last edited:

sixes6462

I used to be able to get it. I have no Idea why its giving all of us issues....

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
They would need something during the transition. Bartow did all their tests in the clear, then encrypted when the move was complete. Not seeing anything on the New Cherokee frequencies, in the clear or encrypted.

DarkEnder47

Just curious, has anyone heard anything on the new Cherokee County system yet? Nothing has been updated on the Cobb Regional radio system in a while for Cherokee County.

CWR37

Premium Subscriber
Canton's latest license is effective 5-28-20 expires 6-1-30. I'm less than 4 miles from one of Canton's 3 antennas and haven't heard a peep. I just thought I didn't have a setting correct when I found this thread.

I've been able to receive GSP, and some Cobb County transmissions with my SDS 200 so far.

Link to license info: ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WQLY866 - CANTON, CITY OF

CWR37

Premium Subscriber
Did a conventional discovery scan with upper and lower limits of Canton freqs and was able to hear them at 151.1675 RAN39 loud and clear. That freq is in the database and programmed in but when manually changing channels that freq does not come up. Radio is still new to me so I'm still not confident in my settings. Under settings, band defaults, I changed the set step from 5 kHz to 7.5 kHz so that it can get to the .1675. Is my thinking correct?

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
Canton is NXDN 4800. 6.25 kc bandwidth. Only time I was able to pick them up was to program the four freqs as conventional. Then in manage favorites I converted the channels to digital only and set the ran to 39. Never could get the data base download to work. They are very weak here though, even with several outdoor antennas.

Running a SDS200 here also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.