cg

Premium Subscriber
Connecticut uses trucks they call Emergency Restoration Vehicles. They can act as a standalone site at an event or major incident or can be used at an established comm site to take over the duties of the equipment while work is done. There is usually one parked at Rentschler for events. Any talkgroup can be used (or blocked) but there are dedicated talkgroups for each ERV (ERV1A, B, C, etc).

chris

oneadam-12

Connecticut uses trucks they call Emergency Restoration Vehicles. They can act as a standalone site at an event or major incident or can be used at an established comm site to take over the duties of the equipment while work is done. There is usually one parked at Rentschler for events. Any talkgroup can be used (or blocked) but there are dedicated talkgroups for each ERV (ERV1A, B, C, etc).

chris

That is correct but without the new site I found you wouldn't have herd them. They are no longer using the old site 13 from csern. I would say that site 33 is being used for the mobil command post at least at Rentschler Stadium.

WoodburyMan

As of right now I don't see it peered to Troop L, A, or I Simulcast sites (All I have access to here in Woodbury..) and I cannot pick it up here too, as I would expect.

You happen to get it's peers? Or NAC?

Also, something nifty, DSD Plus Fastlane just added BIAS-T toggle support, wewt! Makes things a lot easier.

I may make a trip to Sharon tomorrow to finally get Site 38 mapped with DSD Plus and Unitrunker. They use old MCP frequency they used to have for the old system there now. 774.518750.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
All cars being called in today to install new radios.
Any insight on this?
Hope its not for the “e” option.
Why the name change to CLM
Listening to them on channel 50 over the last few days. Sounds like a lot of work - some strange badge numbers also I'm hearing - not the normal trooper badges or constables.... Any idea's ??
And they go back and forth so fast!
why the name change from CSERN to CLMRN? Isn’t it the same system?

RESQ766

why the name change from CSERN to CLMRN? Isn’t it the same system?
The name CSERN was made up by someone on RadioReference. The official name of the system is Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network (CLMRN). As a result, the name was updated to CLMRN.

cg

Premium Subscriber
At a recent meeting, the City of New Britain passed a resolution to join CLMRN.
I was told a while back that the P25 system that New Britain bought was discounted/cheaper because it was not upgradable. Now they wish to have the newer platform and would have to buy a million dollars worth of stuff. So they will join the State and share their infrastructure.

chris

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Anyone log any traffic on 1591 vs 2053? Got a hit of "State Police HQ on 52 SPAN" for a radio test to Greenwich and a request by SP HQ for a FD to assist with a boat on in the southern part of the state. The DB has 2053 an SPAN.

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
There was a bit of realigning of talkgroups for the P25 system. As a result, there are some patched TGs. SPAN is carried on both right now. I suspect the 2053 will go away at some point but not sure.

chris

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
Anyone log any traffic on 1591 vs 2053? Got a hit of "State Police HQ on 52 SPAN" for a radio test to Greenwich and a request by SP HQ for a FD to assist with a boat on in the southern part of the state. The DB has 2053 an SPAN.

As cg said both of those talkgroups have been patched for quite some time now. Not sure what’s to come if it

gofasters4

Anyone heard occasional traffic on TG 1591? Sounds like a interop channel for municipal PD/FD to MTA for incidents on/along MTA tracks.

RESQ766

According to the CLMRN Unknown Talkgroups wiki page, it shows TG 1591 as being patched to SPAN TG and TG 1592 as being patched to MTA Interop TG

matt04

Premium Subscriber
There was a bit of realigning of talkgroups for the P25 system. As a result, there are some patched TGs. SPAN is carried on both right now. I suspect the 2053 will go away at some point but not sure.

chris
Intresting. I didn't get any traffic on 2053 for the testing I heard or drone/boat request others heard.