matt04

Premium Subscriber
TG 5661 - Possible DOT Admin use in Staford/Bridgeport area, discussing park and ride parking lot use
TG 5663 - Likley DOT Service patrol Bridgeport base

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
I just downloaded CLMRN to my SDS200 as favorite list 3. I live in the southern part of Trumbull. I found that I get much better signal strength by using the Troop I Simulcast over the Troop G Simulcast. I mostly listen to Troop G. While using the Troop G simulcast, I would get one bar intermittently. When using Troop I Simulcast I get consistently 2 bars and usually 3 and it sounds great!
I did a lot of “avoiding” to just listen to Troop G!!!!!!!!
I think I may download CLMRN as a second favorite list and let my SDS200 scan everything.
So for any of you on a fringe area, I would check other simulcasts and see what kind of signal strength you get.
For mobile use I put both I and G simulcasts into my BCD325P2 and it seems to work great!
I find all these computer run radio systems very confusing. Without RadioReference, I’d be in trouble!

WoodburyMan

Tonight, site 33 is appearing as an isolated neighbor to both the Troop H (screenshot below) & K sites. DSDplus shows the site 33 CC as 774.51875

View attachment 74958
Someone made a seperate thread here the other day on it... The thread appears gone? But someone posted this up the other day, it's Rentschler Field in East Hartford. There was a ton of UConn and other TG's going on it the night of a football game. The thought isit's one of the mobile command posts they deployed there for a game perhaps. If someone can get DSDPlus on this and veryify it's location, and get the Site NAC we can submit it to the database.

The Sharon site also needs exploring as well the Old Lyme site needs to be fully mapped too. So there's two sites now on the database as of now.

mkt853

I just downloaded CLMRN to my SDS200 as favorite list 3. I live in the southern part of Trumbull. I found that I get much better signal strength by using the Troop I Simulcast over the Troop G Simulcast. I mostly listen to Troop G. While using the Troop G simulcast, I would get one bar intermittently. When using Troop I Simulcast I get consistently 2 bars and usually 3 and it sounds great!
I did a lot of “avoiding” to just listen to Troop G!!!!!!!!
I think I may download CLMRN as a second favorite list and let my SDS200 scan everything.
So for any of you on a fringe area, I would check other simulcasts and see what kind of signal strength you get.
For mobile use I put both I and G simulcasts into my BCD325P2 and it seems to work great!
I find all these computer run radio systems very confusing. Without RadioReference, I’d be in trouble!
If you only listen to troop I simulcast, you will miss some transmissions from troop G. If your interest is troop G, you should try to monitor their zone instead of a neighboring one.

oneadam-12

Someone made a seperate thread here the other day on it... The thread appears gone? But someone posted this up the other day, it's Rentschler Field in East Hartford. There was a ton of UConn and other TG's going on it the night of a football game. The thought isit's one of the mobile command posts they deployed there for a game perhaps. If someone can get DSDPlus on this and veryify it's location, and get the Site NAC we can submit it to the database.

The Sharon site also needs exploring as well the Old Lyme site needs to be fully mapped too. So there's two sites now on the database as of now.
I think you are talking about my thread in which I found site 33 and it was definitely Rentschler Field the cc I got was 774.86875 the voice channels are so far were 769.73125 and 769.88125. I don't have DSDPlus I was reading it from the scanner on the control channel and listing. My thread is not gone they combined it into this thread it's at post #798 and #805. The control channel went off a few hours after the game and as of this writing it's still off. The talk group I received last time was 3003 and that was the only talk group I received during the game.

snowscout

I upgraded my antenna again for my Uniden 325P2 and equipped it with a Shure 774 as recommended by a previous poster. Wow! What a difference it made. Awesome reception! Only con is minor degradation on Air band and frequencies in the 150's but I can live with that.

WoodburyMan

I think you are talking about my thread in which I found site 33 and it was definitely Rentschler Field the cc I got was 774.86875 the voice channels are so far were 769.73125 and 769.88125. I don't have DSDPlus I was reading it from the scanner on the control channel and listing. My thread is not gone they combined it into this thread it's at post #798 and #805. The control channel went off a few hours after the game and as of this writing it's still off. The talk group I received last time was 3003 and that was the only talk group I received during the game.
Ah yes! So that makes sense why DSDPlus on neighboring sites is reporting the sites as isolated and missing right now still. They prob left the configs in place for Football season or permanently to allow it to peer as needed. Didn't realized they got merged too LOL. Thanks!!

mjd92

I have noticed what seems to be Stamford's highway dept. on the Troop E simulcast, CLMRS.
Anyone else hearing the same?

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing what sounds like State DOT Service Patrol on TG 5663 on the G Simulcast. Of note, they are Phase 2 TDMA.

PhillyPhoto

I heard some license plates being read on 21901 (Which should be Rocky Hill) this afternoon. DSD+ shows the source as "EXTERNAL", so I'm figuring it's a patch.

mjd92

Thanks for the STAMFORD id’s Chris. Where can I find all of the id’s ? I don’t see them in the database.
Thx

cg

Premium Subscriber
They wouldn't be in the database unless they are in use and someone submits them. I have not heard of anyone getting Stamford but they have the radios for it.
Any town that uses CLMRN uses the State Tax town ID x 100 +10001 to number the talkgroups. The range is xxx01-xxx99 so...
Stamford is Tax Town #135
135 x 100=13500
13500+10001=23501
Unit numbering follows the State P25 numbering standard (sort of, the state mobiles and portables are flipped)

chris

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Yes Stamford PD and fire Simulcasting on the trunk system PD is still in encrypted fire still in the clear same talkgroups that you will find in the Stamford trunk system Rocky Hill is simulcasting as well but I don’t understand why

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing what sounds like State DOT Service Patrol on TG 5663 on the G Simulcast. Of note, they are Phase 2 TDMA.
I've heard 5663 on the H simulcast, with the base using "britport ops" something similar. I didn't catch enought ot positivdly ID as Service patrol. However, TG 5662 I found was Hartord service patrol, so it makes sense. The last hit I got on 5662 was Phase I if I remember correctly.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I heard some license plates being read on 21901 (Which should be Rocky Hill) this afternoon. DSD+ shows the source as "EXTERNAL", so I'm figuring it's a patch.
Based on may listening and cross checking a few addresses, 21901 is Rocky Hill PD patch that seems to be turned on when needed.