LouieCT

Premium Subscriber
Now that everyone mentions it my CSP RX has been spotty the last week or so.....i thought it was just me. I have an sds200 on my omni x on the roof and my sds100 and both seem to be struggling. I am noticing more DEEP traffic and DHLS lately as well. I was thinking of re aiming my antenna or maybe even putting up a yagi to focus on my closest tower near New Fairfield here but its not a reception issue, everything else comes in fine. i only listen the troop A,L and I simulcasts. Strange

leadjammer

I am doing this with sentinel, but it will not let me add or delete frequencies. I tried this serval times to no avail. If you know how to add and delete frequencies, let me know. I have HP-2.
You will need favorite lists to add or delete frequencies. To add. open Sentinel and click on Database/USA and then Connecticut. Click on your county and system and then the frequencies you want to add. Click on the frequency and then right click on it and a box will show up that says append favorites list. Click on that and a box will show up listing your favorites. Click on the list you want to add the frequency and click okay. To delete, go to your favorites list and click on the system or frequency you want to remove/ Then right click on it and a box will show up asking if you want to remove from list. To confirm. Click on yes.

When you close Sentinel a box will appear saying do you want to save presets. Click on yes or nothing will be saved. Then re=open Sentinel and write the new info to the scanner.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
would pre-programmed sd from uniden solve the problem?
Not necessarily. It depends in how they would program it in conjunction with the proper antenna to help pull in the signals. I'm actively trying to address this right now.
I have a new antenna coming in and I'm hoping it will solve the issue of my poor reception location on CLMRN.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Now that everyone mentions it my CSP RX has been spotty the last week or so.....i thought it was just me. I have an sds200 on my omni x on the roof and my sds100 and both seem to be struggling. I am noticing more DEEP traffic and DHLS lately as well. I was thinking of re aiming my antenna or maybe even putting up a yagi to focus on my closest tower near New Fairfield here but its not a reception issue, everything else comes in fine. i only listen the troop A,L and I simulcasts. Strange

Well that's disheartening if you're having issues with a rooftop antenna

OSO802

That's what we have been talking about for the last couple of pages. Since they switched to phase II a lot of us have been experiencing reception issues with CLMRN. Before it was fine. What are you using for an antenna?

@hotbob62
I havent done it with the HPII sentinal but I believe it would be the same process as it would with the SDS sentinal.
It was working fine yo until about a week ago. I’m in Vernon and had no trouble hearing C, H, DEEP. Then all of a sudden nothing. Can’t figure it out.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
It was working fine yo until about a week ago. I’m in Vernon and had no trouble hearing C, H, DEEP. Then all of a sudden nothing. Can’t figure it out.
[/QUOTE
The system is changing over from a phase 1 System to a phase 2 system.

stormycat

Feed Provider
Alright guys I have a question. I’m trying to program my BCD325P2 and I can not get it to hold a Control channel. i have a mobile high gain 800Mhz antenna with no luck. I have to be looking at a tower for it to work it seems. is anyone else having an issue with extremely poor receive on this new system?

lpe689

I am in Ellington with a BCD536HP and was getting Troop H and Troop C fine up until last week.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Alright guys I have a question. I’m trying to program my BCD325P2 and I can not get it to hold a Control channel. i have a mobile high gain 800Mhz antenna with no luck. I have to be looking at a tower for it to work it seems. is anyone else having an issue with extremely poor receive on this new system?
Phase II systems need a very strong signal to decode. Using a non SDR Radio makes you susceptible to simulcast difficulties and receiving Phase 2 simulcast transmission secondary to LSM.

It's all positional in relation to transmitting towers. If you are using a mobile antenna in your house and it is a magnetic Mount it's good to ground it with a cookie sheet or better yet if you have a filing cabinet. You need to find a sweet spot or you may not be able to find one in your location. You may need an external antenna and make sure to use very low loss coax. You will find mobile performance also will suffer from simulcast Distortion secondary to LSM.

hotbob62

You will need favorite lists to add or delete frequencies. To add. open Sentinel and click on Database/USA and then Connecticut. Click on your county and system and then the frequencies you want to add. Click on the frequency and then right click on it and a box will show up that says append favorites list.

I tried this many times with both sentinals (both HP & SDS) to no avail. Neither append to favorites or delete from favorites were highlighted. The radio went back to Scanner master this morning. I'm keeping the Uniden scanners BC785D and BCD396XT, yes old radios but DEPENDABLE

Last edited:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I tried this many times with both sentinals (both HP & SDS) to no avail. Neither append to favorites or delete from favorites were highlighted. The radio went back to Scanner master this morning. I'm keeping the Uniden scanners BC785D and BCD396XT, yes old radios but DEPENDABLE
Good to see you getting your money back. Yes those old radios were good in their day but not p2 capable.

PhillyPhoto

Good to see you getting your money back. Yes those old radios were good in their day but not p2 capable.
The HP2 is phase 2 capable. LSM is another issue...

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
The HP2 is phase 2 capable. LSM is another issue...

Yep I was referring to the other two radios. Yes non SDR radios like the hp-2 and the 325 P2 are capable to pick up Phase 2. Sometimes they work okay because of location location location. I remember when the x36 series came out in 2014 as the flagship scanners of Uniden.

The first phase 2 systems were starting to pop up on the East Coast. We knew right away we had problems. We ended up getting mot gear, that was in 2015. Everyone knew if the scanner companies could not make a simulcast capable radio they were all going to go out of business and one of the companies did produce SDR Radios.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
What is each person using for filters on this system? im usng proscan to program my sds.
My friend who I am trying to help with this system in Connecticut is using wide invert. The thing with filters is your results are going to differ due to your location what works for one may not work for another.

If you're going to apply filters on this system you're going to want to do it right on the radio so you can have real time readings of RSSI and noise levels.

The way to do it is sit on a talk group on the site that you want to adjust. Use the global filter which is set to normal by default and try invert, wide invert and wide normal and see which one gives you the best RSSI and noise level results. You can also try no filter at all but... It's best to not use Auto filters as they slow scanning way down because they sample every filter and you never know what filter does the trick anyway.

When you find the filter that does the best on the site that you are listening to then put the global filter back on normal as that will affect every object in your radio. If you leave Global on another setting it will affect every object and some might suffer. After you put Global back on normal then go into site options and change the filter there to the one that you found that worked the best in the global sampling. You'll need to do that on every site that you will be monitoring.

It's a good idea to put the filter indicator on your display. It makes it easier. Hope that helps. Be sure to remember to transfer the information from the card into your computer first thing when you hook up so as to save your changes.

FFPara1

I have a friend who is using a Uniden BCD996P2 and due to his location - It depends on the day and what the weather is like...he will go without hearing anything for 2-3 days then all of a sudden days later CLMRN is coming in clear. Very weird.