Duke Energy P25 System

west-pac

As stated above, these sites were NOT turned on a few days ago.
I read that statement above, but what that statement above does not say is that System 397 is a new system, or that no other System 397 sites have been found.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Here are a couple more site freqs near Raleigh that you might be able to hear, on WRWD402.

A couple P25 licenses for NC/SC.

I check all of them, I have a list from the FCC database, and they are checked on a regular basis which is how I found these two sites were now live, but not yet active. At this time I have no other info to share with you. I reported them here and will update as I know more. If the system ID isn't in the database it is either new or someone else is utilizing the freqs licensed to Duke Energy.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I read that statement above, but what that statement above does not say is that System 397 is a new system, or that no other System 397 sites have been found.

In an earlier post they did mention a system ID of 3D7

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
DSD+ FL hasn't decoded any, you've seen all the info I currently have. These are brand new, weren't turned on a few days ago.

I worked the submission of yours, because NC admins wouldn't have seen it in there queue yet since previous to now the system wasn't associated with NC in the DB. Future submissions for NC will show up in the admin interface of NC Admins and one of them will likely pick them up / should pick them up. Rightfully so, since this is way out of my area. But I didn't want the submissions to set for more than the two days they had already set.

I'm going to try to get my Duke Energy google map updated with the latest licensed stuff for NC. It's a lot to keep up with, and I haven't updated it since Nov 2022 for the most part.

Thanks for the sleuthing!

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
In an earlier post they did mention a system ID of 3D7

Your findings make perfect sense to me. The new System ID would make sense for a brand new territory, just like florida and OH/IN have their own separate System ID.

My guess with the mention of 3D7 is that @firemantom26 copied that site during a tropo event, likely didn't have a good signal on it, likely didn't have a good decode, and that the 3D7 was probably a bad decode. I say that because there are no other Duke service areas nearby that would be so close as to be a peer of the OH-IN-KY portion of the system and not be an actual part of the OH-IN-KY portion of the system.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
New site licensed for Florida since the other FL sites came online. A construction notification was also submitted later on suggesting that the site is ready to go. Floridians be on the lookout.

WRJH815
Lake Placid, FL (Highlands)
LAKE PLACID NORTH RADIO, 1174 US HIGHWAY 27 NORTH
27.33692,-81.38444

Mike

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Your findings make perfect sense to me. The new System ID would make sense for a brand new territory, just like florida and OH/IN have their own separate System ID.
I worked the submission of yours, because NC admins wouldn't have seen it in there queue yet since previous to now the system wasn't associated with NC in the DB.

Thanks both of you, as I said this is a brand new (days old) system when I found it, over the next several weeks I'll continue to keep an eye on it.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone seen this thread, looks like reports out of Charlotte, but sysid doesn't match.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Couple of hits overnight while I was asleep, but TGs not looking like I'd expect. Anyone want to comment on this screenshot, please?

Duke 1.PNG

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
859.3875 for that site.

Interesting, because those 851 freqs are definitely part of the Wake Co P25 simulcast. I suspect that maybe one of the Wake simulcast sites may be close to you. If you are receiving Garner with more than a 30db SNR, I'd lower your gain on your sdr device down to where Garner is received with nothing more than about 30db SNR. You want to try and minimize potential impact from a Wake Co site close by interfering.

The talkgroups are odd enough that I would suppose it's just some raunchy decoding because of interference.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, because those 851 freqs are definitely part of the Wake Co P25 simulcast. I suspect that maybe one of the Wake simulcast sites may be close to you. If you are receiving Garner with more than a 30db SNR, I'd lower your gain on your sdr device down to where Garner is received with nothing more than about 30db SNR. You want to try and minimize potential impact from a Wake Co site close by interfering.

The talkgroups are odd enough that I would suppose it's just some raunchy decoding because of interference.

Thank you for the advice.