Erie County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Both sites 001 & 002 have been alternating control channels VERY frequently today. At times 002 was changing every few seconds and used most of the frequencies assigned to it at some point.

What control channel frequencies are you using for Site 002. I only see Site 001 on the database page.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
Most of the licensed frequencies for the site have been used as CC at some point in the last week.

terryho

Feed Provider
I see what you mean about only 1 site, I added more frequencies to the list on the site but don't think it is the right way to do it and don't think I get how the frequencies are scanned when the control signal is on continuous. I am also trying adding another site with additional frequencies for suburbs. Also have a list for most of the frequencies to scan and see signals on some of them plus I have just made a list of the mobile frequencies in hopes they might be used for simplex communications.
By the way I did hear from Mike at MCM consultants, he apologized for not getting back to me and said he didn't forget and he was still going to get the information from his team, so maybe there is still hope for some info from someone.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
As mentioned before I scan two favorite lists for this system, one with metro freqs and one with rural. For monitoring that is all you need. As long as the active control channel is on the list the scanner will do the rest. The only time you need to know the active CC is if you are running Unitrunker, Pro96com, etc. where you must lock on the CC. If you want to know the active CC enter those lists in an analog scanner. The one with continuous noise is the CC.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I see what you mean about only 1 site, I added more frequencies to the list on the site but don't think it is the right way to do it and don't think I get how the frequencies are scanned when the control signal is on continuous. I am also trying adding another site with additional frequencies for suburbs. Also have a list for most of the frequencies to scan and see signals on some of them plus I have just made a list of the mobile frequencies in hopes they might be used for simplex communications.
By the way I did hear from Mike at MCM consultants, he apologized for not getting back to me and said he didn't forget and he was still going to get the information from his team, so maybe there is still hope for some info from someone.

I also just heard from Mike, with the same message. I also asked for the list of talkgroups, and he said he'd check for me. I've made 2 Excel files, one with frequencies by tower location, and one that's ready to fill in TG's when we get them. I set up one favorite's list using the first file by tower, and I also have a 2nd favorites list directly from the RR database.

Looks like I can't attach Excel files here, but I can email them to anyone who's interested. Let me know.

terryho

Feed Provider
As mentioned before I scan two favorite lists for this system, one with metro freqs and one with rural. For monitoring that is all you need. As long as the active control channel is on the list the scanner will do the rest. The only time you need to know the active CC is if you are running Unitrunker, Pro96com, etc. where you must lock on the CC. If you want to know the active CC enter those lists in an analog scanner. The one with continuous noise is the CC.
Thanks that info is helpful!

terryho

Feed Provider
I also just heard from Mike, with the same message. I also asked for the list of talkgroups, and he said he'd check for me. I've made 2 Excel files, one with frequencies by tower location, and one that's ready to fill in TG's when we get them. I set up one favorite's list using the first file by tower, and I also have a 2nd favorites list directly from the RR database.

Looks like I can't attach Excel files here, but I can email them to anyone who's interested. Let me know.
I would like your file if possible, and if anyone gets a good hpe file to share down the road that would be nice too

terryho

Feed Provider
Heard my first voice transmission testing on Urban Site today around 12:50 pm...Sounded pretty good, hope all transmissions are going to sound like that one!

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Heard my first voice transmission testing on Urban Site today around 12:50 pm...Sounded pretty good, hope all transmissions are going to sound like that one!

Did it show up as one of the Testing TG's, 1 or 2?

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Just got a major update from John Grappy. I haven't digested it yet, but here is the file.

Attachments

• Erie County Next Generation Radio System_Project Update April 2019 FINAL.pdf
    758.3 KB · Views: 48

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Here is the text of the email I got from him. I do see the go live date is now "mid-summer." The saga continues!

Attachments

• New Erie Co. Email.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 28

terryho

Feed Provider
Sounds like a lot of work yet to be done as they still haven't done fleet planning among other things! Thanks for the update!

terryho

Feed Provider
Mike from MCM consultants sent me a frequency list per site, didn"t compare it to what we have seen so far but atleast we got something until their group gets done with Fleet mapping ect.

Attachments

• Erie County FCC licensed freq review per site rev L(911).pdf
    410 KB · Views: 29

jland138

Thanks for the list. Nice to see a department that's will to share this level of detailed information.

Looks like the database update for the Urban Simulcast Cell is missing 460.350.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the list. Nice to see a department that's will to share this level of detailed information.

Looks like the database update for the Urban Simulcast Cell is missing 460.350.

Don't know if I missed it in my submission or they missed it. It has never been a control channel, just data, so no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.