Erie County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
Mike from MCM consultants sent me a frequency list per site, didn"t compare it to what we have seen so far but atleast we got something until their group gets done with Fleet mapping ect.

This list matches the 2 favorites lists I use, Metro & Rural. Thanks for the verifying info.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Mike from MCM consultants sent me a frequency list per site, didn"t compare it to what we have seen so far but atleast we got something until their group gets done with Fleet mapping ect.

I've updated my frequency by tower database based on this. I can email to anyone interested.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
The one thing I noticed in the recent, and long delayed, county update and the above frequency list is the addition of a site at Mercyhurst North East.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
The one thing I noticed in the recent, and long delayed, county update and the above frequency list is the addition of a site at Mercyhurst North East.

How did you know it was Mercyhurst NE, rather than the main campus? I missed that.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the county update, I see 2 sites listed as Erie DPS, which I assume is Dept. of Public Safety. I know the 911 Center is Flower Rd. , but why is the Edinboro East Tower (Sharp Rd.) shown as Erie DPS also?

The update also references an Erie 82 state tower site. No mention of that in the listing Terry got from Mike. Anyone know why?

terryho

Feed Provider
Also see they have both simulcast cells listed as cell A urban. Think they were in a hurry to come out with the update.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Also see they have both simulcast cells listed as cell A urban. Think they were in a hurry to come out with the update.

All that work, and they still haven't posted the update to the county's web site. Still showing the one from last October.

wrath

Looking at the county update, I see 2 sites listed as Erie DPS, which I assume is Dept. of Public Safety. I know the 911 Center is Flower Rd. , but why is the Edinboro East Tower (Sharp Rd.) shown as Erie DPS also?

The update also references an Erie 82 state tower site. No mention of that in the listing Terry got from Mike. Anyone know why?
Being there backup secondary consoles are at Ecare what is it designated as ?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Railbender

Premium Subscriber

The reference to DPS for the Sharpe Rd site indicates tower owner. Erie 82 is the state tower at 5 points (Wattsburg East), Erie 40 is Presque Isle.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I see lots of changes to this system's database page. Are people actually hearing testing on all those talkgroups?

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Friday I logged 2000 hits on site 002. It sounded like a prerecorded test that kept repeating.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Hearing testing right now on the current system, 453.95. "Radio test 1001, 1002, etc. Not sure what they are doing?

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Hearing testing right now on the current system, 453.95. "Radio test 1001, 1002, etc. Not sure what they are doing?
Strange - I'm only hearing this on my old analog scanners (BC245, BC3000). But not my BC780 or BCD996.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
That is the analog pager freq, also Millcreek Fire West. It is the same test message I was hearing on site 002 Friday.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
That is the analog pager freq, also Millcreek Fire West. It is the same test message I was hearing on site 002 Friday.
Any idea why I'm only hearing it on my old analog scanners (BC245, BC3000). But not my BC780 or BCD996.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I see the latest update still shows talkgroups for Millcreek PD. Does that mean Millcreek will be on the new system, and just not encrypt, or would they just keep their current 154.80 analog dispatch?

wrath

From what I have been told Millcreek wants no part in this thing the county is creating,with good reason ,look at Eries history with radio systems ? (It ain't pretty,logical or cheap)
A. it's usually a waste because they don't know what they are buying
B. The end users want to push a button and talk and the message get thru
C. They have existing bad habits from misuse of existing technology that is going to cause serious growing pains.

Lawrence park took a leap of faith and joined on because it was a cheaper option and they had a plan for repurposeing the personeel going forward,basicly knowing there needs are smaller and there "exposure" is minimal ,if this doesnt workor go well .

Millcreek has much much greater exposure and a serious demand for emergency services (peach street need i say more?) .
Millcreek knows it can opt in at later date at a slightly greater cost ,but with much less drama and growing pains , i honestly think Millcreek is being very smart about this , and think the county of Erie has alot to learn and experience before is ready to be sole provider of communications , there lack of 1. Personeel 2. infrastructer 3. Standards & training 4.Planning .

Just the way they use(and abuse) people for all they can ,and then let those skills and abilities walk away spent and exhausted has to stop ! There ability to manage and retain talent is slim to none ,consequently there ability to draw in and recruit new talent for future needs is next to impossible .
They are building a new radio system GREAT
They don't have sufficient personnel to use there existing systems ,the workload on existing people is huge and the new system is going to get worse before it gets better,the bigger question how bad will it get and for how long ? They need a revamp of HR talent and contracts, pay scales & benefits that make sense.
And in a related vein the fire department newest apparatus is 15 years old , the amount of times E care doesn't have resources or buses to provide is alarming( this goes to contracts with E care that is "private agency" started by Vincent/Hamot) ,the amount of times Fire & EMS depends on outside volunteer services to pickup there slack in answering routine needs in off peak ,non MCI is way to high for a major area. So the City and County management in so many ways needs refreshment & training that a 30 million dollar radio system isnt going to provide .

The way i see it Millcreek is being smart , there communications works, there personnel issues are smaller ,there fire departments equipment hasn't been neglected & the tax base is growing as ours is contracting ,when there communications equipment lifecycle is ending they will be in better position to evaluate the feasibility of the counties system & performance over a longer period ,not making a snap decision everybody in the boat as it sinks to the bottom of the lake .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.